Which is a better City: London or New York?

?

Which is a better City?

1. London

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. New York

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. klimaxo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 9, 2019

klimaxo , Mar 9, 2019 :
    Only reply if you've been to both. I'd like to know the similarities and differences. And what, why and how one is better.

Thanks to all that respond :)

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 9, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Mar 9, 2019 :
    London has way less tramps taking a shit on public transport, although obviously that still happens.

You're much less likely to be shot by a cop in London, although obviously that still happens.

New York has better pizza, on average, but London has way, way better curry.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific. 'London' and 'New York' can both vary from relatively small areas to giant megalopolis, depending on who you ask. Are you talking about the centre of town, or boroughs / districts covering (literally) hundreds of square miles?

3. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 9, 2019

meatandy , Mar 9, 2019 :
    Neither.

4. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Mar 10, 2019

Hydra Bob , Mar 10, 2019 :
    Never been to London so I won't vote but I strongly suspect they'd come out on top here.

New York is crowded and noisy and expensive as fcuk, you'll constantly be harangued by hucksters and panhandlers, the people would just as soon shove you into traffic as make way for you, the rats travel in small herds, the subways reek of urine and are populated by druggies and crazies, and the cops while they probably won't shoot you (you can try Baltimore or maybe Detroit if you want to take your chances at that) they may stop you to fondle your nether regions if they think you look suspicious and they're everywhere but the neighborhoods you'd feel comforted by seeing them in.

That being said it still can be a beautiful and entertaining city if you stay in the right neighborhoods and I'd highly recommend a visit, I just wouldn't want to live there even if you paid me. And yes you won't find a better slice a pizza anywhere.

5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Mar 10, 2019 :
    Have you tried not being black?

6. Hydra Bob

Yes I have and quite successfully I might add. That's actually the only thing on the list I haven't personally experienced and you may very well have stumbled onto the reason for that.

They've been doing a fairly good job of cleaning things up though from what I hear. I wouldn't know I wasn't there to experience the heydays of the 80's and 90's but apparently that used to describe just about everywhere and not just the bad neighborhoods like it does now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019

Ruby G., superplus, G_plusone and 7 others like this.
  7. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 10, 2019

Tobikage , Mar 10, 2019 :
    New York obviously. Even Godzilla and King Kong prefer to visit there over London !

geo07, anunayC, HarshitNanda and 14 others like this.
  8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

theshinybeast , Mar 10, 2019 :
    Tried it, but being a palid Norn Irish in London, Ingurland, seemed to cause similar problems. Catch 22?

9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

No taste curries obviously.

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

Rudy Giuliani is a lot of things but more than anything he's a top notch racist pig, post modern KKK death squad fcuk. .
    Is that what you mean?o_O

11. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

I'm aware of the slippery slope argument on this, but I don't think that targeted profiling can be dismissed completely out of hand (unless you're a human rights lawyer).

Sucks to be on the wrong side of it, but if 93% of crime X is is being committed by group Y who make up Z% of the population, maybe you might want to direct a friendly and respectful eye in their direction.

Easy for me to say I know, when my lot mostly just commit crimes against longevity based on nutrition, drinking and lack of exercise.

12. Hydra Bob

Well I'm not sure I'd go as far as using that strong of language. He may have been an effective federal prosecutor but when it comes to politics he was a shite near despotic leader whose policies, while maybe not inherently racist, certainly invited a racial interpretation if not outright encouraged one and I'm fairly sure his legacy would be remembered quite differently if he hadn't happened to be the one in charge during a certain well known tragedy. And I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions on what his present employment and the company he chooses to keep currently say about his character.

13. klimaxo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 10, 2019

klimaxo , Mar 10, 2019 :
    Interesting https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-quality-of-life-compare-between-London-and-New-York-City

I did a word search on the page for "better" and London was mentioned more about 12 times whereas New York was mentioned about 6 times being better. A lot of posts are about food. Someone said London is more introverted whereas New York is more extroverted. That is intriguing as I like random convos.

Even London is mentioned more here in Top 10 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NyLon_(concept)

buntycubal likes this.
  14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

Bobbie63 , Mar 10, 2019 :
    Wait.....just hold on

New York is is a city??

buntycubal and klimaxo like this.
  15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

16. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

We've noticed.

I think you just answered your own question, London is not for you. They've developed ignoring the people on the train next into you to a fine art, you could live here for 5 years and never say more than 'excuse me'.

17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

18. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

I (sadly) remember that song, almost note for note. Which is weird, because I haven't heard it for 30+ years and I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

That being said, those people do not look or sound Scottish. Not even a little bit.

19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

First of all, if you remember this song.........d@nm you're old. Thing is people tend to remember stuff which have some associations. Might have been @)(&#€&@()&, ot your first @)(_#2))+=_#&@))(€#.

Thing is, nobody or nothing will bring it back

20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2019

I've been around for quite a while. What's your excuse for linking this?

I can promise you I never fcuked anyone to this, I'm pretty sure that it would have uninspired me to the point where that was physiologically impossible I'm sorry, this never happened before.