which is the best fast charging power bank for OnePlus 7 pro via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Shyam4626
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 14, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 14, 2019 :
    There are no official power banks that support OnePlus' Warp Charge. Any powerbank that you use should charge at a maximum speed of 5V/2A (10W). Since OnePlus 7 Pro also supports Power Delivery, you can also opt for a powerbank that supports 18W charging. You should see slightly higher speeds with that one (but still not anything close to Warp Charge 30).

ckithika likes this.
  3. Shyam4626
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 14, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Any reliable powerbank should be fine. It's just a matter of which you like the most.

Shyam4626 likes this.
  5. Grilled_Trout
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Grilled_Trout , Nov 15, 2019 :
    I cannot find the source link, but I remember seeing an official post from OnePlus saying that the 7 Pro supports 15W charging at 5V/3A via USB 3.1.

My question is: does that work via USB-C to USB-C connection? Is this considered PD?

If it is a USB 3.1 output on the power bank, it is a USB-A to USB-C, which seems like a Qualcomm QC standard. But then I think I read that QC is not supported on the 7 Pro.

So I am not sure what charging output specs to look for when shopping for a power brick that can take advantage of this 15W charging in lieu of warp charging.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 15, 2019

dsmonteiro , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Power Delivery will just depend on your source and cable supporting the standard. It doesn't necessarily need to be Type-C to Type-C.

Still, we my power bank, I did need to use the type C port to charge my 7 Pro.

7. gyang401
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2019

8. Grilled_Trout
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2019

Grilled_Trout , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 30, 2019 :
    I am happy with dash charge speed on a power bank. No big deal.

My concern is with the quality of that power bank. It is a complete unknown brand, and it seems to have generated some opinions that it does not keep the dash charging speed for a decent amount of time.

What is your experience with it so far? What solution does it offer to recharge the power bank itself? Also, do you have to use the OnePlus charging cable to get the dash charge speed?

9. gyang401
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2019

gyang401 , Nov 30, 2019 :
    yeah...ive tested the power bank using ampere app and it dash charges at the same mAH rating as the oneplus dash charge brick....and to recharge the unit, i reuse the dash charge cable by plugging in the type c end to p/b, and usb end to oneplus brick