Which next phone after OnePlus 3?

1. nom76s
    Eclair Sep 26, 2019

nom76s , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Hey guys. I'm a proud owner of OnePlus 3. It is more than 3 years old now and I'm completely satisfied with the product.
    However as the saying "All good things must come to an end" is true for OnePlus 3 also.
    The phone works perfectly and smoothly so far but I'm feeling like it is time to upgrade to a new phone.
    I've my own opinion but I want to know the opinion of other OnePlus 3 users too.
    Please reply to the post about your next phone and whether you have purchased or you are planning to purchase..
    Thanks

kevinkrg6 and dineshsp04 like this.
  2. G_Fergus_Mc_Walters_PeAp
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

G_Fergus_Mc_Walters_PeAp , Sep 26, 2019 :
    I just factory resetted mine and put in a new battery, if you're able to do this then I highly recommend it, feels like a brand new phone.

dineshsp04 and nom76s like this.
  3. sh33p
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

sh33p , Sep 27, 2019 :
    I'm through with OnePlus.
    I sent them a service request in which I stated "I will not send my phone in for repair" - a few days later ups shows up to pick up my phone...
    another week after that they called me about the pick up that didn't happen and while telling them again that this is no option, the customer service tells me to send my phone in...
    can they read? do they listen to their customer?
    I highly doubt that.

so in my case I'm looking at xiaomi, which is for me the OnePlus of 2020. great hardware at a reasonable price.

nom76s likes this.
  4. Master_TC
    Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2019

Master_TC , Sep 27, 2019 :
    I have 3T since first time. Pie custom rom, optimized for better battery.
    2 days standy with 4-5h SOT. Works perfect and smooth. Great photos with latest Gcam...

I'm in love with my 3T and will hopefully use it for another 2 years.

5. sh33p
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

sh33p , Sep 27, 2019 :
    not arguing on that.
    I got my 3t since early 2017...
    but since I'm only getting about 4-5hrs SOT as well, I wanted to get a new battery.

I remember I had up to 5 days off stand by (with less SOT) or at least 3 with about 4hrs SOT.
    I'm down to just above 1 day stand by, with about 4hrs SOT.

I don't want to charge my phone every day, that's why I got this 3t in the first place and it worked.

hands down though, I think every phone after the 3t had more and more features or "design improvements" that I don't like
    just think about the pop up camera - makes me cringe just thinking about it.

nom76s likes this.
  6. Master_TC
    Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2019

Master_TC , Sep 27, 2019 :
    Yes that's why i want to use my 3T, until the camera is under the display.

7. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 27, 2019 :
    You can refurbish it a lil bit, maybe a new battery, and LineageOs, if you like it, why change it for other !?

Georgeoneplus7pro and nom76s like this.
  8. nom76s
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

nom76s , Sep 27, 2019 :
    I don't know if the very little and unnoticeable gap that appeared between glass screen and body in the top part can be fixed. There gap is so minute that it can be visible only if looked at from very near and it can be felt moving if I press it down. This can go on for sometime but I still need to think of a new phone as this current phone can give problems sooner or later..
    thanks for the suggestion [e]1f44d[/e]

Impersonal likes this.
  9. V!nayak
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2019

V!nayak , Sep 27, 2019 :
    get the ROG phone for 38k, it's worth it. I won't be buying
    another OnePlus device because they are not resolving the bugs on older device and forcing users to upgrade their devices. after lot of frustration, I'm now using pixel experience on my 3T; which is smooth af. Personally i will be switching to Pixel 4, as I'm mostly focused on stability rather than gimmicky features

girishp, dineshsp04 and nom76s like this.
  10. sh33p
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

sh33p , Sep 27, 2019 :

V!nayak

get the ROG phone for 38k, it's worth it. I won't be buying
    another OnePlus device because they are not resolving the bugs on older device and forcing users to upgrade their devices. after lot of frustration, I'm now using pixel experience on my 3T; which is smooth af. Personally i will be switching to Pixel 4, as I'm mostly focused on stability rather than gimmicky features​

what's your take on the camera with pixel experience?

I tried several custom ROMs and the camera was always a problem.
    not a big one, don't get me wrong, but if I have to restart the camera app every now and then it just makes me mad.
    so far the only thing that works good with the camera is stock OS.

I personally are considering pixel 3, too.
    aside from xiaomi I think they're descent phones, a tad pricey, but as long as it is running.
    a friend got the first pixel and it's quite happy with it for years now.
    had to replace the battery once like I planned on doing, but other than that it's still a good phone.

nom76s likes this.
  11. V!nayak
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2019

V!nayak , Sep 27, 2019 :
    no issues with gcam. looks like charm. But there's 1 issues in pixel experience that when i restart my phone the color calibration gets reset: so that I've to switch it back to srgb again.

sh33p likes this.
  12. youngstar07
    Donut Sep 27, 2019

youngstar07 , Sep 27, 2019 :
    I fixed mine for ₹200 from a local shop. It's just degumming normally. They will clean it and gum it back.

13. sochaux_
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

sochaux_ , Sep 27, 2019 :
    So, the screen that comes off seems to be a known issue for OnePlus 3. I saw some posts about it.
    What type of glueing is used for this? It's not double adhesive tape?
    Mine have the same issue after 3 years. Plus some annoying freezes when the phone is not used, wich could be from motherboard or battery, I think(already tried factory reset, Android 8 & 9).
    These will force me to make an upgrade if I can't repair it. Maybe Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro or OnePlus 7T.

nom76s likes this.
  14. lurch16
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

lurch16 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Hi this is my first OnePlus phone and post, I love it but I'm starting to have battery issues. I got the phone quite cheap so willing to keep it for a while, just need a bit of advice about replacing the battery, can you advise best place to buy one? will it be a genuine product?
    thanks
    Lurch

15. G_Fergus_Mc_Walters_PeAp
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

G_Fergus_Mc_Walters_PeAp , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I used ReplaceBase, it was a genuine OEM part.

Q1566327596769 likes this.
  16. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2019

kevinkrg6 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    my friend has 3T and is thinking like you. we think it is a good phone still, but maybe OnePlus 9 in a year or so?

if you must buy now, OnePlus 7T would be good option.

but it is still a good phone. calls, YouTube, internet are all still the same. camera could be better but, I would wait until
    8 or 8T to upgrade.

the phones get better every release.

nom76s likes this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 30, 2019

meatandy , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Maybe the 7T pro in a few months.

nom76s likes this.
  18. sh33p
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

sh33p , Sep 30, 2019 :
    would you really busy another OnePlus?
    I mean since the 3t they are double in price now...
    I paid around 400€ for the 3t and the 7 pro is 709€.
    ok nowadays people are willing to spend lots of money for a phone, but I sick to 400 max, since after 2-3 years it's pretty much done.
    the simple chance of getting a year or of it on top, doesn't justify that charge

19. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2019

kevinkrg6 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I use my phone for 5 years before upgrading. OnePlus phones are good for this because they have extra ram and latest processors, and fast oxygen OS. and repeated updates for a reasonable time.

the worst is Samsung. $1100 for a phone that is junk in two years.

what are my other options?

apple? $1000+
    samsung? $1000+ for junk
    Google pixel? not a bad price on eBay (can get last gen pixel for $400 maybe), good cameras, but not as good as OnePlus oxygen OS, I've tried.

there are tons of other brands, xiaomi, Asus, etc etc. they can be good phones. but I like stock Android out of the box. I like OnePlus's updates. the cameras could use some work, but they are getting better. I really like the speed of oxygen OS. it feels faster than my iPhones I've had.

out of all the phones I've tried, I like the speed of oxygen OS and some of the unique features OnePlus adds. OnePlus phones are my favorite. if I had to choose a second, maybe pixel. I would never pay full price for a pixel though.

in addition, OnePlus WILL FIX your phone out of warranty if you pay. other phone manufacturers will not. and OnePlus charges really reasonable prices. other companies like Google want like $230 to replace a broken screen. WTF? OnePlus charges like $90.

with Samsung and apple charging $1100+ for a phone, $600 is reasonable.

why? because phones and computers are becoming more expensive, but people are keeping them for longer. in addition, they are a necessity now. it's a GPS, mini TV, internet surfing computer, camera, and a phone in your pocket.

my next OnePlus, I will probably pay $600-$700 for, but I will probably try to keep it for 7 years.

my goal was to keep the 3T for five years. I ended up switching to a pixel but the 3T would have been fine.

sometimes, I need a battery switch. I can do this myself or pay OnePlus.

I used to buy cheap phones for $150-$200 and upgrade every 1 or two years. it cost more money overall.

I would rather buy a high end phone and keep it for longer.

we are reaching a point where phones are going to last a long time. companies know it. the resolutions can't get much higher (we don't really need 4k phone screens) we have full quality YouTube, video games, internet with tabs, and almost anything else you can imagine.

I don't need a phone with 16GB of ram anytime soon. that's ridiculous.

buy a OnePlus right now and you could make it last five years easily, if you take care of it.

with Samsung being shit, and apple getting in trouble for slowing down their phones, I don't trust that at all. but I do like iPhones otherwise.

and I'm not paying Google $200 when I drop my pixel for a new screen.

I don't really care too much for any of the smaller companies. they can be good though.

big fan of oxygen OS, big fan of OnePlus's repair service.

big hater of OnePlus's shitty cameras though. but they are getting a bit better.

overall, yeah I'd buy a OnePlus again. but I keep my phones kind of long.

nom76s and avi_bergman like this.
  20. nom76s
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019 at 6:54 PM

nom76s , via OnePlus 3 , Nov 7, 2019 at 6:54 PM :
    great insight

kevinkrg6 likes this.