Which OxygenOS features do you like best?

1. Dexxagon
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2017

Dexxagon , Sep 5, 2017 :
    and we also want 3d touch to all stock apps..

2. Michael mu
    Eclair Sep 5, 2017

Michael mu , Sep 5, 2017 :
    I don't know about 3d touch, but I think they have the long press on apps for extra options already.

3. onepv
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2017

onepv , Sep 5, 2017 :
    Making a complete backup and restore with a Oneplus is not easy.
    It's necessary to use alternative applications (some paid), use the cloud (with many failures), root to the phone, etc.
    Why oneplus, like other brands (such as Huawei, LG, Samsung and Sony), does not include in Oxygen OS an application that allows the user to make a easy full backup to the system (sms, phone settings, apps + data, media, .. .)?

vrbljani likes this.
  4. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2017

RSPBLR , Sep 5, 2017 :
    I love the fact, that under settings option, you have a left menu - and can navigate to all the options without back pressing every time and choosing again.
    The lock screen clock - Is there a way to make it analog ? . I tried changing the screen saver option , but it sticks to being digital though .

5. G_Aryan_Yadav_bKpY
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2017

6. Juvnoppe
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2017

Juvnoppe , Sep 5, 2017 :
    Hello,

I'm new in the ONEPLUS world and Oxygen OS but I'm really happy with all the features in it.

Night and Reading mode are top features for me (I'm a dev so my eyes are a little bit tired some times).
    App Locking is top too!

I can't wait to see the future updates and features (I've seen somewhere that OS 4.6 will have a battery boost due to better use multi core processors :D)

Keep going like this!

7. AlexandreP
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2017

AlexandreP , Sep 6, 2017 :
    That can be achieved with multiple other applications, like Google Duo, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp... On the contrary, less fragmentation would be appreciated -- based on open standards, unlike the previous examples or Facetime -- so apps could differenciate on their functionality and optimizations, not on their community size.

8. BDLOW
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2017

BDLOW , Sep 6, 2017 :
    I've switched to a OP5 from a Google Pixel, and there is only one feature I miss: the Do Not Disturb mode, both the schedule for overnight bliss, and the "timed" DND for a period of time, e.g. for meetings.

The hardware slider is great, but if I could only have either the switch or software, it'd have to be the software / scheduled version. (both should be doable, if the hardware slider simply selects the current mode which can be "upped" by the schedule. i.e. allow the schedule / soft DND to put the phone into DND mode when the hardware switch is off, such that the hardware switch takes precedence when it's in either of the two on positions.)

9. G_Mani_Dicent_VdrT
    Donut Sep 6, 2017

G_Mani_Dicent_VdrT , Sep 6, 2017 :
    Don't worry dude.. soon you'll get a partner and you gonna celebrate with us(in OnePlus community) on next Valentine's day.

I'm a 3t user but still I can comment here right ... I like everything hard work of you guys and still looking forward for more freaky features. One thing I wanna mention is the App Locker feature: Would have been great if the locker apps have had SEPARATE pattern/pin AND when I open menu icons the BACKGROUND is black. Would appreciate if you give us the same feature that you gave to OnePlus One and OnePlus 5. Background of menu icons should not be black but home page/wallpaper viewable. Other than that I really appreciate your works! Satisfied. Thank You!

I was a OnePlus One user long ago. I am very sure to say this,"Cyanogen was more powerful than Oxygen". I'm a hard gamer. 3t gets hot soon than OPO. Compared to OnePlus 3t's Oxygen, Cyanogen was better.

vrbljani likes this.
  10. willieaames
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2017

11. ninja123456
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2017

ninja123456 , Sep 6, 2017 :
    battery sucking feature in the previously released phones when the new phone arrives

Htagahb likes this.
  12. G_Thenuja_Marasinghe_pLl
    Froyo Sep 7, 2017

13. irfan azad
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2017

irfan azad , Sep 7, 2017 :
    i think app lock could be better...if the applock locks the app everytime we exit the app,.as of now, even when we exit the app the app stays unlocked.

14. vemfanvet
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2017

vemfanvet , Sep 7, 2017 :
    Is there really a bad battery drain? What OS are you using?

15. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2017

ShortyEx , Sep 7, 2017 :
    I was on OOS3.6.0 on the OnePlus2. The battery drain is bad, the heating is even worse, my wood backcover clicks open on one corner when it gets really hot...

edit: To be more specific, I'm on HalogenOS now because I was afraid that the heating would lead to an explosion... XOS keeps it a tad cooler but I'm afraid the battery is too far gone from all the strain. Still under warranty but OnePlus support seems to be physically unable to send a new battery...

OnePlus #NeverAgain

Htagahb likes this.
  16. kushagra nirwan
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

17. Nezumi_
    KitKat Sep 8, 2017

Nezumi_ , Sep 8, 2017 :
    settings > security & fingerprint > app lock.

18. kushagra nirwan
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

19. Htagahb
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

ShortyEx likes this.
  20. yimingzeng
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

yimingzeng , Sep 8, 2017 :
    From Oxygen OS, I quite enjoy the ability to customise the UI. The ability to decide whether on screen or off screen buttons suites you whilst providing a clean software appearance. Good job OnePlus. BTW I currently use an iPhone 4; however I have used a friends OnePlus 3t and enjoyed the build quality, camera and interface.