Which Technology Will Be Obsolete in 10 years?

1. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 28, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 28, 2021 :
    g1272.png
    There was a time when technological advancement was at its peak, and not only for the tech-enthusiasts, but also for the common consumers. Now, I won't say that the development in tech field has gotten cold, because we see new breakthrough in tech more frequently now, but we all can agree that tech nowadays is not as user-focused as it used to be some years ago. Is it because of more brands? More groups of people focusing on the same thing, to be first in the race, instead of thinking about what the customer needs?

1612168986342.png
    (source)
    (Gradually smartphones became a necessity)
    We had some pretty interesting tech at that time which excited all kinds of users, like 4K TVs, fingerprint/face unlock, phones thin as a pencil, and a lot of things which actually made a difference in the user's day to day usage of gadgets.

2.jpg
    (Curved TVs - no one wanted that, but they were still there)
    Not only hardware, the evolution of software was really mind blowing, especially in the financial sector. Going to a bank specially for transferring money....that became obsolete after the introduction of NEFT, IMPS, RTGS,etc. which you could do just by opening up an app on your smartphone. Digital wallets gained their popularity (in India) after demonetization and became the new normal for almost all online merchants and shop owners.

But in this race for easy access to almost anything, we forgot the things that didn't quite work out for the users. For example 3D TV was a tech which was an amazing concept, MP3 players were the thing for coolest people, PSP was the portable gaming hub with ease of carrying it around and playing games wherever and whenever you wanted, DVD/CD was the most highly used storage device, EMail only to chat with friends and family was slow, but the only option...

61YQyhH4P3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    (From this...)
    That's the obsolete technology I am talking about, 3D TV didn't make it, MP3 and PSPs replaced by smartphones, DVD/CD replaced by Cloud storage/sharing or Pendrives/HDDs/SSDs and EMail for chatting replaced by WhatsApp/Telegram etc.

[​IMG]
    (To this...)
    As a decade of tech evolution has ended, I think that its time to look around the newest and most exciting tech right now, which is on every tech enthusiast's mind and then determine if it will be as useful and widely used after 10 years.
    So my question to you is,

Which technology (hardware or software) will be obsolete after 10 years?
    In my opinion, headphones and speakers will be obsolete, because there's just a thing about them which doesn't work out for me and maybe a few other people in the world also. Since there has been no 'significant' development in them in a long time, I think they'll suffer the same fate as DVDs, just lying around useless in your house. And maybe, they'll be replaced by commercial and affordable sound beamers which beam high res audio directly to your ears which are currently in development and not quite pocket friendly.
    [​IMG]
    (Noveto Sound Beamer - may replace headphones/earbuds)

Thanks a lot for reading!

(Thanks @dsmonteiro for reviewing the thread)

And a small good-bye to all my friends as I'll not be as active as I am right now on the forums because exams are coming up and then class 12th and offline school, so it will be difficult to stay online and reply...but I'll try to check PMs regularly and respond when there's something really interesting going on (like launches).🤗

2. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Feb 28, 2021

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Feb 28, 2021

Dresa91 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Nice one my friend:)
    I think pc, laptop, smartphone and telephone:)
    Going to be an all-in-one device :)

And all the best for you and the exams:) ❣️

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 28, 2021

dsmonteiro , Feb 28, 2021 :
    In 10 years?

The smartphone.

eye842, GameOnBoy, esmilner3 and 24 others like this.
  6. meatandy
    Oreo Feb 28, 2021

meatandy , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Most of today's consumer tech will be obsolete .

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Feb 28, 2021

YRJ , Feb 28, 2021 :
    A very interesting question!

I think tech (as we know it today) will be obsolete. Yes, our idea of technology and the way it works is what will be obsolete.

In 10 years, tech will be deeply integrated into our lives, but despite that it will cease to exist in an elaborate physical form. It will blend-in and we won't even know that it's there.

8. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Feb 28, 2021

camohan , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Essentially Nothing will be completely obsolete. (hope some got the pun)
    This is because some or other our fellow countries in the world will still be using the so called obsolete technology as the next gen technology.

However, the pace at which technology is advancing, one never knows if going to Mars will be like taking a flight now.
    I'm sure when we meet other life forms in the universe, all our so called advancements would have been obsolete for them.

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    FTFY:p
    You know - Carl :rolleyes:

10. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Feb 28, 2021

11. Brownz
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

Brownz , Feb 28, 2021 :
    All ports, Sims will be E sims and we will only have one camera one can hope on a phone 🤣

12. Brownz
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

Brownz , Feb 28, 2021 :
    They’ve been gone since the late 10s haha, only the old fashioned community still uses non Bluetooth devices or 3.5mm jack

13. Dresa91

14. Getraje
    Froyo Feb 28, 2021

Getraje , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 28, 2021 :
    In my opinion theaters will be obselete and OTT is future. Like wise bluetooth technology will obselete and chances for new tech.

15. ConnectMrMJ
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

16. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Feb 28, 2021

17. Q1613123931673
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

18. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 28, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    1.pendrive
    2.over the ear headphones
    3.credit cards
    4.HDD
    5. Set top box television
    I don't think smartphone will be obsolete but the definition of smartphone might change !
    I think within these 10 years a human being might land on Mars or colonies it!

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.