White spots on the back and sides of phone

1. ParthAMG Eclair Feb 1, 2017

ParthAMG, Feb 1, 2017 :
    I've been using the Spigen rugged armour case since the day I bought the phone and I've used the phone quite carefully. But today when I removed the case I saw that there were quite a lot of white spots on the back and sides of the phone. I searched a bit on Google and came to know that the spots are caused due to some problem in the anodization of the metal. The phone is performing perfectly i have no other issue. This is a manufacturing defect and I request OnePlus India to provide me with a replacement unit

L1533383477580 and vamsigadu like this.
  2. nmgavinash Froyo Feb 1, 2017

3. roopeshbhardwaj Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2017

roopeshbhardwaj, Feb 1, 2017 :
    Asking for a replacement unit here, seriously?

You do know that when you put on a case and when tiniest of sand particles gets in & constantly rub against the phone's body for a longer period of time could cause this?
    It's not oneplus's fault that you didn't even bother to clean your phone by removing case once in a long time.

4. ParthAMG Eclair Feb 1, 2017

Noorul Faheem likes this.
  5. ParthAMG Eclair Feb 1, 2017

ParthAMG, Feb 1, 2017 :
    I am extremely careful with my phone i clean it almost thrice a week

Noorul Faheem likes this.
  6. vaibhav56790 Cupcake Feb 1, 2017

7. mrambriz Honeycomb Feb 1, 2017

mrambriz, Feb 1, 2017 :
    LoL

8. Shashankaryan Cupcake Feb 23, 2017

9. arjun431996 Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

arjun431996, Mar 4, 2017 :
    Had the same issue,but there is no point in blaming OnePlus for this. I used a transparent silicone case from day 1 itself and after 3-4 months I noticed a white spot at top side. I cleaned both case and phone everyday so dust particles rubbing the phone (as above said) may not be the reason,rather it must be due to removal of some anti rust coating from aluminum body of the phone by the case,the case being silicone or tpu along with heat generated during charging or load might add to this process.This is a problem that existed back earlier with some HTC metal phones and iphones.the best thing to do is clean regularly and charge the phone without case or not at all use any case or try case with different material.....Thus being said a case might cause more damage to phone than without a case..

10. HemantKumarSharma Cupcake May 17, 2017

HemantKumarSharma, May 17, 2017 :
    I am having the same problem. And it's been 3 months since I bought my phone. I have used a clear case and the grey translucent case with it. What should I do?

11. F_Sidharth_Chavan_CckS Cupcake Jun 22, 2017

F_Sidharth_Chavan_CckS, Jun 22, 2017 :
    Same is the problem with me. I have also bought a grey transparent rubber case. But there are white spots on the back of my phone. Please suggest some remedy for this.

12. amitssj Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

amitssj, Jun 22, 2017 :
    use a silicon case for oneplus. Never got any scratches on the device till now after using 8 months now.

G_craig_shaw_VCAa likes this.
  13. Kalash_kothiya Eclair Jun 29, 2017

Kalash_kothiya, Jun 29, 2017 :
    I been using a clear case from the beginning but it's of no use , my phone got spots with the case on , it's better to keep the phone without case

14. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 29, 2017

luigimario, Jun 29, 2017 :
    Does anyone with this issue live near the ocean/in a very humid climate? Sounds to me like it would be corrosion caused by moist conditions or salty air from the ocean. I've had a Spigen TPU case on since I got my OP3 8 months ago, no problems.

15. Nare Rusco Froyo Jun 30, 2017

Nare Rusco, Jun 30, 2017 :
    got my op3T about 6 months ago, no issues at all with the finish on mine, have kept in a Tudia case since the start, not had any problems, have had a few white bits build up in the case, which stick a little to the phone, but have just been able to wipe them off.

16. G_lokesh_rahul_CxES Cupcake Aug 21, 2017

17. remedy KitKat Aug 21, 2017

remedy, Aug 21, 2017 :
    Claim from Spigen for damage?

18. ad_slev11 Cupcake Aug 30, 2017

ad_slev11, Aug 30, 2017 :
    Any solution in sight for this ?

even mine started with those spots...

im using a tpu type cover for now..
    started spots on back and sides too..
    & for now will only charge with cover off...

idk what else to do..
    if i find anything useful, will post it here.

good luck all.

19. kavardhan Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

20. jfcmoreira Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

jfcmoreira, Nov 16, 2017 :
    That works? For real?
    I have the same problem on OP5 Midnight Black

Attached Files: