who else is annoyed the Nord doesn't look like it will have a wife release in the US.

1. movielover76
    Eclair Jul 7, 2020

movielover76 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    let's let OnePlus know we're peeved the Nord isn't getting a large scale release in the US. this is the OnePlus device I want. I absolutely hate curved screens and I don't have a lot of cash especially during this economy. mid-range phones are big during this period in the US. this device would sell very well in the US now. I might have to go back and pick up a Pixel 5 this year as it will be the closest to the Nord and closer to my price range but I really don't want to give up OxygenOS. even if they don't have any carrier deals, just sell it unlocked in the site, I'm guessing they think US users will just pony up for the 8.

I'm currently in the 6T.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020

ZephSapphire and rishu1992 like this.
  2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 7, 2020

Artemus. and Drewbikscube like this.
  3. drl431
    Nougat Jul 7, 2020

drl431 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Might just have to wait a bit. As stated by the CEO:

"As we have always done when we try something new, we are going to start relatively small with this new product line by first introducing it in Europe and India. But don’t worry, we’re also looking to bring more affordable smartphones to North America in the near future as well."

Artemus. likes this.
  4. movielover76
    Eclair Jul 7, 2020

movielover76 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    that would be nice, but most people have taken this to mean that future Nord devices will come to North America, not simply a few month delay on the Nord. I guess we'll see.

5. Drewbikscube
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 7, 2020

Drewbikscube , Jul 7, 2020 :
    I have 3 thoughts on this one.

1) It does suck to see OnePlus make this a limited launch in favor their top/major markets first. Especially since going back to the original OnePlus One, that was available to the US at launch, even though it was invite only. It would definitely be nice to have a more affordable option in the lineup since that is why many of us initially backed OnePlus, they offered an incredible device at an unbeatable value. Now prices have increased quite a bit and that overall value is a bit harder to see.

2) OnePlus could have dropped the OnePlus Nord here in the US and completely dominated the budget device market, especially with the Google Pixel 4a basically being DOA with all the delays etc.. The market share that OnePlus could have gained from this if marketed correctly, could have been an incredibly smart and competitive play against Google. However, as mentioned, OnePlus would have to heavily invest in marketing here in the US in order to be successful with this Nord launch in the US.

3) It would confuse the US market a bit if they did bring this to the US, especially since being realistic here OnePlus doesn't exactly invest enough in marketing here in the US even for their "flagship" devices. Also I have a feeling this may be due to US carrier brand deals with Verizon/T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure carriers wouldn't be thrilled to try and push the OnePlus 8 models they're currently trying to sell, while also competing against a budget friendly model that launched just shortly after the 8. Also keep in mind Verizon is NOT easy to work with and their terms and conditions with OnePlus I'm positive put OnePlus in a very weird box here in the US that will make things a bit more difficult for them in the short term with all of Verizon's requirements. There's probably a dozen valid reasons OnePlus decided not to bring this to the US initially and while it would be nice to know exactly why, it furthers the reasons being business specific like carrier deals since they're unable to voice exactly why Nord isn't launching here. Gotta love contractual agreements :)

Artemus. likes this.
  6. Brownz
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2020

Brownz , Jul 7, 2020 :
    To be fair I’d be well impressed with it came with a wife!! 🙈😂😂

KluGe likes this.
  7. sfomin
    Nougat Jul 7, 2020

sfomin , Jul 7, 2020 :
    would you trust a oneplus wife?!? knowing oneplus, i wouldnt....

19TCC62 and Tobikage like this.
  8. movielover76
    Eclair Jul 8, 2020

movielover76 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    lol yeah I did catch that, for some weird reason you can't edit the topic after you post here so I couldn't fix that typo. [e]1f602[/e]

KluGe likes this.
  9. movielover76
    Eclair Jul 8, 2020

Drewbikscube

I have 3 thoughts on this one.

1) It does suck to see OnePlus make this a limited launch in favor their top/major markets first. Especially since going back to the original OnePlus One, that was available to the US at launch, even though it was invite only. It would definitely be nice to have a more affordable option in the lineup since that is why many of us initially backed OnePlus, they offered an incredible device at an unbeatable value. Now prices have increased quite a bit and that overall value is a bit harder to see.

2) OnePlus could have dropped the OnePlus Nord here in the US and completely dominated the budget device market, especially with the Google Pixel 4a basically being DOA with all the delays etc.. The market share that OnePlus could have gained from this if marketed correctly, could have been an incredibly smart and competitive play against Google. However, as mentioned, OnePlus would have to heavily invest in marketing here in the US in order to be successful with this Nord launch in the US.

3) It would confuse the US market a bit if they did bring this to the US, especially since being realistic here OnePlus doesn't exactly invest enough in marketing here in the US even for their "flagship" devices. Also I have a feeling this may be due to US carrier brand deals with Verizon/T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure carriers wouldn't be thrilled to try and push the OnePlus 8 models they're currently trying to sell, while also competing against a budget friendly model that launched just shortly after the 8. Also keep in mind Verizon is NOT easy to work with and their terms and conditions with OnePlus I'm positive put OnePlus in a very weird box here in the US that will make things a bit more difficult for them in the short term with all of Verizon's requirements. There's probably a dozen valid reasons OnePlus decided not to bring this to the US initially and while it would be nice to know exactly why, it furthers the reasons being business specific like carrier deals since they're unable to voice exactly why Nord isn't launching here. Gotta love contractual agreements​

I do get what your saying about carrier deals. like many here, I stopped buying from carriers mostly. I wish the US bought cellphones more like Europe and most of the world. as you put out carrier deals just seen to screw things up and benefit the carriers.

Drewbikscube likes this.
  10. movielover76
    Eclair Jul 8, 2020

somehow I don't think that's likely especially since I use TMobile and most foreign phones for Europe or India don't support band 71. which is a very important coverage band now. I come upon that missing band every time I even think of importing a foreign phone.

11. ZephSapphire
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

ZephSapphire , Jul 9, 2020 :
    I think the markets may change in the U.S. due to the face some people may change their buying habits. They could but a phone that is at least around the range of a mid-range phone like the Nord. The Pandemic is already affecting sales these days.

Also, it is understandable that frequencies are different so phones being built for the North American market must be accommodated.

12. andrina224
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2020

andrina224 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Do we have a release date at all for the US? I can't find anything on the web. If not, what's the best way to import one? Thanks in advance.

13. ZephSapphire
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

ZephSapphire , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I don't think there's going to be a Nord is likely to see a release for North America, however, other Nord Branded Smartphones in the Nord line will be likely to be coming to North America from what I've heard. But don't expect to be the same as the original OnePlus Nord. There will be many compromises and changes in terms of specs and more.