Who gets amber alerts on there one?

1. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

nobelium76 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Because it wasn't working. Being new to android when I got my one it took more then a few minutes to start disabling settings, more like days. Seeing as how I wasn't receiving them it was one of the first things I disabled. Now go judge someone else.

2. meor
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2015

3. njw2419
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2015

njw2419 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    My OPO gives me amber alerts

4. Mark1986
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2015

Mark1986 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    There seems to be an extremely high volume setting on phones that can only be utilized by the amber alerts.

i5xswipe likes this.
  5. Gators
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Gators , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Meanwhile how would you know as you said that is one of the first things you disabled. Yes you were judged as a selfish person who couldn't keep his story straight.

6. gmo8492
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2015

gmo8492 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Amber alert was issued last month in California, my OPO never got it. I think its an issue with the carrier and the towers issuing the alert. Since some say that their OPO gets alerts.

7. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

I think you missed the part were I wrote it took days, actually many days. I was kind of busy figuring out why my contacts were being erased (sync issues) and other new stuff. Story is the same, I guess your self-righteousness blinded you. Please, take your petty comments somewhere else. For the record, my wife who has an opo as well, has never received one either. Its a bug or issue that is just taking up resources.

8. Gators
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Gators , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Their are 4 phones on my contract, 2 OPO and 2 Samsung. The Samsungs get the alerts the OPOs don't.

9. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

Like I said, bug or issue (hardware maybe)

10. Gators
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Gators , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Actually in your first post you wrote, one of the first things I did was disable the alerts. Your words not mine.

11. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

Man you are something else. And I added the missing part where I didn't start disabling anything for a good few days. Get over it already.

12. Gators
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Gators , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Your words below, no need to reply back.
    "Oddly enough, my sister knew Amber and her family. Anyway, its one of the first things I disabled so I can't really help but the option is there."

13. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

Yep, them there are my words. Now think about it, really slow if you need to. I posted "its one of the first things I disabled." Does that mean that as soon as I pulled the phone out of the box I started disabling options on an OS I had very limited knowledge of? Or could it possibly mean that after I started learning this new (to me) OS and felt comfortable with it that I began disabling options. Amber alert being one of the first? Hmmm enquiring minds want to know.

14. Gators
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

Gators , Apr 9, 2015 :
    It means that you got called out on what you wrote and trying to change it and as I said no need to reply.

15. rubberbandito
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

rubberbandito , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I used to get on nexus 4 about once every 2 months. I have opo for 5 months. Not one time and is enabled

16. nobelium76
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

OK.. If that works for you then bravo. As for not replying back, I could care less.

By the way, not changing, clarifying.

17. rubberbandito
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

rubberbandito , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I just noticed my alert reminder is off. That means if I get one, unless I see my phone that very second, I wontbsee it again. I remember on my nexus 4 I saw one once late at night and it disappeared and I never saw it again. So I reenabled reminder. Should work now

18. Salmonfish
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

Salmonfish , Apr 9, 2015 :
    :(

denial that the world isn't a happy place?

19. imjusyjoshinya13
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

imjusyjoshinya13 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    im sure you meant otherwise, but what you said can be taken another way. It may not be taken in the way you meant it.. but saying thats one of the first things you did can easily be taken as "thats one of the first things i did with the opo when i got it out of the box". It upsets people because your sister or whatever knew her.. so you know all too well how much she was dramatized, how her parents felt. you may not of talked to them at all, but you still knew them. And after what happened, one of the first things you did was disable amber alerts when you got your opo. If i were in your shoes, and knowing personally in someway someone that was affected dramatically by this, id make sure i keep amber on at all times.. you never know who can be targeted by these terrible people who abduct a child.. what if it was your wifes sisters child who got abducted, and her child was in the car right next to you at a redlight. but because you dont aver amber alerts turned on, you dont know that there is even a child abduction going on, you dont know your sister in laws child is currently being kidnapped in the car right next to you. Had you had your amber alerts turned on, you wouldve knew a child has been kidnapped, and learning the car, you realize same car is possibly next to you, you then let him go past you a little so you can read license, its the license! you follow him and phone the cops and boom.. you save your sister in laws childs life!

Gators likes this.
  20. imjusyjoshinya13
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

imjusyjoshinya13 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    sorry for that rant... but its amazing what a click of a button can do. littlest things in life.. can be the biggest difference maker