Who is from where? what is it like being a Oneplus user? via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile

1. JakeGo37 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Nov 21, 2019 :
    What is it like being a Oneplus user in your state or country?

I come from. Chicago, IL. So far I have only met one other person with a Oneplus phone. I speak about it all the time. Explaining every fine detail to the point and comparing it. When others ask what phone I have, they have never herd of it. My goal is to ambassador to them how it is the ideal phone for many uses of the day to day life.

What is your story?
    View attachment 1185059

Mike_Jiang and jayanyway like this.
  2. DimStyle
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

DimStyle , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I live in St. Augustine, FL. I get a few questions about the phone but most people don't notice.

Mike_Jiang likes this.
  3. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 22, 2019

jayanyway , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Hey there! Fellow Chicagoan here. I feel the same way about OnePlus. People constantly ask me "woah your camera pops up?! What are you using?" and it blows their mind the specs we're running at the price we pay. I have been lucky enough to be selected as a brand ambassador for OnePlus. It's been an incredible journey so far. Maybe we'll run into each other one of these days =]

4. CayucosMan
    Eclair Nov 30, 2019

CayucosMan , Nov 30, 2019 :
    I'm from Salt Lake City. So far I haven't met anyone else who has a OnePlus phone. Several people have said they have heard good things about OnePlus phones. Most of the rest of my family are iPhone users. I used to be a Samsung Galaxy Note user but decided to make a switch. I've had my OnePlus 7 Pro for almost a month and really like it.

Mike_Jiang and JakeGo37 like this.
  5. kaarth
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2019

kaarth , Nov 30, 2019 :
    From India originally, recently moved to US for education. Some of my fellow country mates and some Chinese students are the only people who have Oneplus devices I have seen while here.

JakeGo37 likes this.
  6. JakeGo37 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 1, 2019 :
    how do you become a brand ambassador? i continue to always catch someones eye with this phone. and continue always persuade with everything and anything that stands out in this phone.

7. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

Secondbushome , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Outside of when I worked the OnePlus 7 Pro launch event in NYC earlier this year, I've only met one other person who had a OnePlus phone. Granted, whoever has a OnePlus phone seems to always be really into OnePlus.

8. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Dec 4, 2019

jayanyway , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Sorry for the delay in response, busy at work this time of year. So, OnePlus sent out an email about 2 years ago asking for US residents to sign up to become a brand ambassador and I was one of the lucky few to be selected. Just keep doing your thing & stay active in the forums. Never know when we might need new ambassadors =]

9. N1588411639294
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

N1588411639294 , May 2, 2020 :
    Hi there,
    I am a current iPhone user and I am trying to convince myself for the switch from iPhone to OnePlus 8pro user. Hence not sure if this query is suitable in this thread here. Anyone can help me to find a thread for iPhone users to switch to one plus? Making a big decision here. Thank you and cheers.

10. N1588411639294
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

11. IgorT76
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

12. CayucosMan
    Eclair May 24, 2020

CayucosMan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 24, 2020 :
    I'm the only one of my family who uses an Android phone namely a OnePlus 7 Pro. Everyone else is an iPhone users. I was speaking with someone last week and he was bragging about how great his iPhone is and said one of the main reasons that keeps him from going Android is end-to-end encryption. He says this about it

"It's for any type of messaging platform that basically prevents a third party from being able to access the messages."

He said Android doesn't have this capability. Is this true?

13. Sidharth_9282
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

Sidharth_9282 , via OnePlus 3T , May 29, 2020 :
    hii I am from India, no not at all android also have the device encrypted.... just go to settings > security > Encryption & credentials. you can see its encrypted too and also android provide security patch update(i think you have noticed that also).... As in I phone they only can download from there app store, but in android you can download any apps from anywhere its up to you...
    you cant even transfer files from iphone to your computer you have to jailbreak it to transfer and in android you know it very well how android file transfer works

CayucosMan likes this.
  14. Dsquared1955
    Donut Jun 8, 2020

Dsquared1955 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    I am from Southern California. I had been using Samsung Galaxy phones since 2012. It was time to get a new phone, and I looked at all the offerings from T-Mobile. I went with the 7t Pro McLaren 5G, betting that the merger with Sprint would be done, and the McLaren is compatible with the mid-band from Sprint. I have had the phone for ~ 4 months, and I am loving it! My nephew saw mine, and got one, too. I really like the pop-up camera; a very clean screen! I also really like the Oxygen OS. So much smoother and quicker without the bloatware....

This is 2 different concepts here. Android does have data encryption on the device. The end-to-end encryption discussed previously has to deal with Apple's e2e of the iMessage and Face Time. The only people who can see a text or video call on Apple are the sender and recipient.

15. Sidharth_9282
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2020

Sidharth_9282 , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 8, 2020 :
    yeh i know that this 2 are different concept.... but my point is that iphone have much restrictions as compared to Android. Obviously you can jailbreak it for unrestricted usage but in case of android without root they provide you better options as compared to iphone

16. Dsquared1955
    Donut Jun 8, 2020

Dsquared1955 , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Oh, I understand the limits on the iPhone environment. My daughter, son, and their spouses are iPhone (iPad, etc.) enthusiasts. But I much prefer the open environment and ability for personalization of Android. And, there are apps (Signal, Wickr, etc.) which provide end-to-end encryption.

17. Sidharth_9282
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2020

Sidharth_9282 , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 8, 2020 :
    yoo bro... i am saying the same thing as you just stated right now..
    Good night bro 😴😴😴😴 its 1:48am here, going to sleep.

18. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2020

pgrey , Jun 25, 2020 :
    Seattle area here, we've had a series of OP devices now. Coming from WinPhone since the very early days (worked on OS team for some years), and then a 6P, and OP ever-since.
    Not so sure I'll be sticking around though, going forward, the 8 is a pretty pricey setup, and cash is tight right now, my OP7 Pro might be a 3+ year deal.
    The OP7 Pro was a screaming deal though, and the 5T, 6, before that, IMO.

Dsquared1955 likes this.