Who remembers this post by 1+?

1. clobberin4
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2014

clobberin4 , Jun 27, 2014 :
    It's not known. Yes you can count them as an off-shoot of OPPO if you like, but they are doing things differently, their way, with a new phone and having to build up a potential user-base from the ground up. I'm not debating you here, I don't know any company that gets things right all the time and OP surely haven't either, all I'm saying is give them a chance. It's still an incredibly short timeline from when they announced the OPO until now. I'm sure they've had to react to unforeseen problems every day, things we know nothing about. I would much rather offer support to a venture like this than flame them (and god knows there's a lot of flaming going on across this forum), I see no benefit to anyone in that to anyone

wmm likes this.
  2. irelanddj1978
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2014

irelanddj1978 , Jun 27, 2014 :
    It's not intentional - but I think they could be a bit more forthcoming than "just wait".

3. akarol

akarol , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Honestly, only they know the truth. But expecting 10,000 people interested within a month of releasing a device in arguably the most saturated market in the world is not that unfeasible. How many of these devices have become vaporware over the years? Even OPPO hasn't received much attention outside of Asia.

pcgooroo likes this.
  4. clobberin4

No :D that might be the only way to jump the queue though! Except for competitions of course. I'm just trying to remain positive - it would be quite a downer on here otherwise!

5. windJP
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2014

windJP , Jun 27, 2014 :
    youre right
    They started their company just for that - to create a forum and laugh at random people that subscribed.

6. deuse
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

deuse , Jun 27, 2014 :

Yes it was known as they had to register the company in china and give out all their details.
    A forum member found it and there was a big **&**&&&** on the forum.

Did you know the 1+ phone was a copy of the OPPO Find 7a to start off with(yes that's on record in china)

7. superchinook
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

8. deuse
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

deuse , Jun 27, 2014 :

You mean like a little know company that SOLD 50,000 phone in 20 mins just over a month back?
    I will send you a hankie to wipe the **** from your eyes :)

9. maclag
    Froyo Jun 27, 2014

maclag , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Honestly, even for the humblest player in the market, shooting for 10k units sold in the rest of the world would be planning for failure. You'd be better off not selling at all. Keep it Chinese only. Other players have done that due to expected poor sales out of China.

No investor would ever have followed them with these numbers.
    Just think how much they squeezed the price, how much profit they make for each unit sold, and how much money they've thrown in so far.

Definitely: they have a delivery issue, most likekly due to capacity, and also because they set their priority: Chinese market first. Rest of the world will wait until China is fed.
    (Note that it could actually be worse: maybe they're not able to deliver in China either, in which case you shouldn't count on getting a phone before at least september!)

10. Slyck
    Froyo Jun 27, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014

11. akarol

akarol , Jun 27, 2014 :
    How do we know OP themselves aren't selling the devices for the exorbetant prices on eBay. They're going for $900+ there?

12. deuse
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

deuse , Jun 27, 2014 :

You just look at the seller. Not hard...really oh dear.

And every company knows the more you make the cheaper you get them made for.

13. mansa
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

mansa , Jun 27, 2014 :
    July-August is not for late joiners like myself even though I've surpassed the trophy points by years.

14. vipinm
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

15. clobberin4

You can tell just by looking at them that they stem from the same thought process/plans and I don't have a problem with that. I also don't have a problem with OP being a subsidiary company, if you want to look at it that way. I just think that they've misjudged some things and they are trying to address that, first internally, then externally, which is natural.
    I'm not taking it personally, I don't think it is their intention to frustrate & annoy people (even though that is what is happening) - that would be an idiot's business model - I think they are trying to get back to the right path after making some wrong turns. They know where they have gone wrong (they certainly have it pointed out often enough), I just don't see the point of dwelling on it.

16. hazzavg
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

hazzavg , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Well if they sell more than 30000 in China in one day
    That's all their supply gone
    There's easily more than 100000 in the Asia area but of course it has been ages since they gave the 30000 number

17. Swindy
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2014

Swindy , Jun 27, 2014 :
    They expected the hype in the Chinese market, but not internationally. And btw, they have to buy the snapdragon 801 from Qualcomm, who has to supply Samsung (S5), HTC(One M8) and LG (G3), who already have a name for themselves and millions of units to sell. Why would Qualcomm choose 1+ over the other companies if they have limited stock? Same goes for all the other components of the phone. You need the components to be able to build the phones. Not only the 30 000 units a day capacity to build. And something more, they already said in an announcement that the hardest part to come by is the 64Gb memory because it is less mass produced than the 16Gb and 32Gb.

18. enneue

19. ItsMi
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

ItsMi , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Ssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........
    You will be banned for telling the truth. Be careful :p

Suzmaduz likes this.
  20. Ag_andrea
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

Ag_andrea , Jun 27, 2014 :
    they didn't get any of those right... and some are keep continue trusting them...

ItsMi likes this.