126 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. Deactivated User
    Jun 7, 2016

IDisposable likes this.
  2. james_jose
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

james_jose , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Why do people still eagerly wait for oneplus 3, even after looking at oneplus delaying in releasing Marshmallow OS for oneplus two. Do you think, whether oneplus would give latest updated OS on time to loyal fans who prefer buying Oneplus smartphones like Google does for Motorola or other competitors likeSamsung, LG or HTC. But they callthemselves #NeverSettle.. :cool::(:cool::D:oops:

3. AbuHuzaifah
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2016

4. stefan1987
    Froyo Jun 7, 2016

stefan1987 , Jun 7, 2016 :
    I got the opo, but due to lack of lte band used in my country, i decided to go for the 2 but due to the shitty invite system, and the facts that i had to wait for 2 month, id got the LG g4 instead. But if the price and specs Are right and the delivery time is good I definitely go for the 3 this time, I really hope you will return to my pocket again oneplus

5. Ko sat
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2016

Ko sat , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Wei was wanting one. But I'm not happy with how its being launched. Customer support has been rubbish. I think I'm going to go down a different route..

6. m_kozal
    Froyo Jun 8, 2016

m_kozal , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Happy with my OPT. I have the habit of not replacing my phones until they get completely broken or battery loose it's capacity (my previous phone was an iPhone 3GS :)) but Android pay is kicking off in UK and I'm also into stuff that you can do with NFC tags etc. Ideally what I'd like an exchange offer from Oneplus but that will not be a case for a long time obviously. As long as I want to get one, my logic says it would be an unnecessary move to buy OP3 in my case.

7. mdcoll
    Froyo Jun 8, 2016

mdcoll , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I want to see what OP will say in the VR Loop event and then I'll decide.

8. ChongHan
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

ChongHan , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Just hope Oneplus will directly sell to us customer in Malaysia like other other country do. And please make it available early in Malaysia!

9. rahuldborse
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2016

10. mohammed32
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2016

11. @ds
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2016

@ds , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Well I am almost happy with the 2, bud if they add NFC and quickcharging, keep dual sim, front FP scaner I will definetly go for 3 :)

12. groksan
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

13. wizard
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

wizard , Jun 9, 2016 :
    why are u even on here if you dont like the oneplus what u doing on the bloody forum seems odd...

stooyleown likes this.
  14. treefiddy
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

treefiddy , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Have tried many different phones over the last couple of years, excluding the Oneplus 2... I always come back to my Oneplus 1. I will buy the Oneplus 3 when it comes out.

15. Danny Kelliher
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2016

Danny Kelliher , Jun 10, 2016 :
    Still have the OPO and its running fine but if the rumours about the OP3 spec are right, think I'll be updating

16. pradhaninus
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2016

17. jdudouit
    Froyo Jun 10, 2016

jdudouit , Jun 10, 2016 :
    I here to talk with lobotimized fan boys of course !!!
    happy to talk with you

zaphod-beeblebrox and cathome like this.
  18. Jadeko
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

19. cathome
    Donut Jun 11, 2016

cathome , Jun 11, 2016 :
    No I will NOT buy it. NOT a chance in hell. I lost all confidence on OP. They have proven to be a major disappointment. I want a phone that works not a collection of major bugs and false promises. I want a phone which works not a constant and ongoing hassle with any new (and typically overdue) software release.

I had the OnePlus One (and I still have it) and the COS11 OS was great (even then, towards the end they failed to push an update correcting the battery drain problem with the Play market, which would have been very easy to do, basically leaving users to fend for themselves). COS11 was the first and last piece of good software released by OP. Updates for CM11 were timely and largely of good quality in line with expectations. Even though the screen sensitivity was not as good as it should be, I was still very happy with the phone because of the great CyanogenMod 11 OS and good value for money hardware. CM12 was a disaster. CM13 another disaster. Both were long overdue and buggy beyond belief. Unreliable alpha stage software at best. Battery life was pathetic on both compared to COS11. I reverted back to COS11 every single time, and its battery life still beats any other OP1 and OP2 hardware+software combination by some margin. Not impressed with the SIM adapter saga at the time either. That was very cheap of them and penalised early adopters and loyal customers.

I also have the OP2. BIG mistake. Things really started to go downhill fast from that point on. Buggy software straight out of the box (remember contacts and sim selection). Critical bugs too, which affected and frustrated day to day use and the very core operation of a phone. Software updates which simply ignored multiple user reports and failed to fix major bugs while introducing even more bugs. Overdue and long overdue software updates. The 6.x.x release saga and all the broken promises. Lack of NFC and quick charging were a big mistake. Solid hardware otherwise (but unlike the OP1 nowhere near a 'flagship' when was released and nowhere near as good value for money) but buggy alpha/beta stage software at best. Far too much hassle. Expensive postage (£9.99). Finally, and long long overdue, they release OxygenOS 3.0.2, just before OP3 is due for release, and one would think that after taking their sweet time on OOS 3 they would have done some proper beta testing this time and would release a software that is fit for use, or at least without any bloody MAJOR bugs... No they didn't! Deja vu yet again. Lots of people are complaining about the phone not ringing and LED notifications not working (amongst other things), that is if they're lucky enough not to run into a bootloop in the first place.Yet again a gross failure in a core area crucial to what a phone is all about. You would think they would release an update in double quick time to fix at least those two issues. Nearly a week later, just silence...

All in all, disastrous software, poor comms and even poorer support. A major disappointment as far as I'm concerned and frankly I had enough.

The only thing which Never Settles with this company is the Buggy Software. They can't release a decent software (at least one without any MAJOR bugs that go to the very core of what a phone is supposed to be and do, and I don't think I'm asking for too much) even if their life depends on it. I have lost all confidence in One Plus. They had their chances and they blew them repeatedly.

It would take nothing short of a small miracle to convince me to get an OP3 even if it matches the value for money and the flagship hardware of the OP1. I simply don't trust this company's capability to supply any decent software any time soon (i.e. over the life of the OP3). I want a reliable phone with reliable software and I refuse to go through all this nonsense yet again. I guess that you get what you pay for (and sometimes even less)!

I hope for their sake, and most importantly for the sake of their users, that they'll get their act together and start producing decent software in the not so distant future, but as far as I'm concerned I had enough so I'll give OP a pass. I'll keep an eye on how things evolve and maybe in the future I'll consider OP4 if they get their act together by then (I wouldn't hold my breath though) and they're still in business by then, but as it stands I cannot recommend this company to anyone (in fact quite the opposite). It is a pity because they started well.

All I can say is SOFTWARE SOFTWARE SOFTWARE ... and some decent customer support and better comms too for good measure.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

20. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Jun 11, 2016

zaphod-beeblebrox , Jun 11, 2016 :
    What good is a device with a great hardware spec with useless software. No use. Unfortunately OP previous record into software has been appalling. What made the OPO so great for me was Cyanogenmod and OP messed that relationship up. I could be surprised by OP with the OP3 but I think not. I assume that software will remain buggy and poorly supported. Time will tell, and my OP software free OPO is still going strong. Why would I pay money to replace it with a device that doesnt work?

jdudouit likes this.