Who's going to preorder on November 17?

1. nicola.arti01
    Froyo Nov 3, 2014

2. falcon15500
    Froyo Nov 3, 2014

falcon15500 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    My OPO went swimming with me and is now dead (they can't swim). So I will do a preorder, if I haven't secured an invite by then.

M.

3. harleycaddy2008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2014

harleycaddy2008 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I cant wait to preorder this phone!!!!!! THIS IS ALL I THINK ABOUT NIGHT AND DAY!!!! mY LIFE HAS NO MEANING UNLESS I GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!! Notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

4. pdhenry
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

pdhenry , Nov 3, 2014 :
    A few days up to a week before the 17th, OP will open a page where you can pre-configure your order, read the specs on accessories, and select one or two of each of the accessories you'd like to order along with your phones (last time you could order one or two phones along with one or two of any of the offered accessories). This pre-configured order will be saved and you can edit it up until the actual ordering starts. At the appointed time you'll be able to process that order, including linking your PayPal info.

I think you're not supposed to wait until the 17th to set up your order.

Last time was kind of chaotic so I don't remember how many steps it as but I think it was two or three including PayPal. If their servers crash again and you haven't been able to order within the appointed time, keep trying until they say the window is closed. Last time they planned to have a one-hour order window but because their servers crashed at the outset they opened it up to three hours.

I don't know if people who weren't in on the October 27 order are aware, but OP is in the middle of a huge F*#^-up with PayPal on the that preorder that they're slowly trying to work out. Basically they've been unable to process payment for a significant number of the orders and their computers kicked out messages Friday and Saturday to affected customers suggesting that it was something the customer had done to mess up the PayPal security checks. Finally they confessed that the problem was on OP's end.

Indigo_child likes this.
  5. poisongas
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

6. jkbordoloi
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

jkbordoloi , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Last time it was an hour of agony. First it won't sign in and then it won't let me proceed. Hope this time it will be sorted out. But I will give it a go again. And if someone has an invite to spare....he/ she can help me out by sharing it with me...would appreciate it.

7. FreddieR88
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

FreddieR88 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    If i get an invite i will deff get one....The 64 gig version, also i am telling everyone about this phone cause its awesome.....

8. 93pato
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

93pato , Nov 3, 2014 :
    if you are gonna try the next preorder here is something you wanna keep in mind:
    • the server will probably not respond for the first few minuets (overflow)
    • keep the reddit of the opo so you can keep track of what's happening
    • edit your paypal address so it matches your delivery address (so you can avoid payment problems later **NOTE- this will probably be fixed next preorder but you don't want to risk it)
    • keep calm because if you fail, you will have more opportunity to get the phone trough invites! and if you try hard enough you will get one for sure!
    good luck for you guys!

Indigo_child likes this.
  9. aGhaly
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

aGhaly , Nov 3, 2014 :
    u dumb

10. SimonPhi35
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

SimonPhi35 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I agree with all of you who were trying to order last time :( i also missed this opportunity to get one, the site was constantly crashing... i will definitely try again during pre-order this month! ;)

11. Jwa66
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

Jwa66 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Y
    You're on point with that one!

12. Indigo_child
    Eclair Nov 3, 2014

Indigo_child , Nov 3, 2014 :

Oh ok, thanks!
    So if i get it, you chose what model, specs, accesories and what not. Then you wait until you get an invite to order it? Or is there a date where your order goes through, regardless if you have an invite or not?

13. Latviah
    Donut Nov 4, 2014

14. amgibson2
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

amgibson2 , Nov 4, 2014 :
    I think I will order November 17th, unless I find myself with an invite before then.

15. gquattlebaum
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

gquattlebaum , Nov 4, 2014 :
    My friend just introduced me to this amazing phone. Now all I can do is wait and hope I get an invite!

16. bassmastr16
    Eclair Nov 4, 2014

bassmastr16 , Nov 4, 2014 :
    I'll try. Got real busy at work and couldn't get in on first preorder. I'll schedule a meeting for an hour for this release.

17. dbennett2010
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2014

18. mbangash
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

mbangash , Nov 4, 2014 :
    how does the pre-order system work? presumably you still need an invite??

19. osomoreno
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

osomoreno , Nov 4, 2014 :
    i will try too but would realy love to get a invite first haven't had a phone for like 2 months

20. jpd48
    Eclair Nov 4, 2014

jpd48 , Nov 4, 2014 :
    . I have heard different times. Do you know what time eastern time will be?