Who's happy with OnePlus via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble

1. manosdias
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Hi, I'm a long time OnePlus user, since the OnePlus one actually. But sadly I feel so let down by their latest mobiles and oxygen OS that I'm now going to leave. It feels like a marriage coming to an end for me! Previously I used to boast about how well my phone functioned, it's unique features etc. Even convinced most of my friends to buy one. I must say for the past 2 years this once great company has declined.
    So is it just me feeling this way?
    Is everybody happy with their mobile?

2. TheOnePlusLife
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2021

TheOnePlusLife , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I'm happy with the OnePlus 8T but... I have friends who are frustrated with their devices from bad updates. OnePlus announced they were headed in a new direction last year. Things are different for sure. On the bright side, we have more choices for everyone from the Pro model to the Nord series. Manufacturers are locked in this rat race to sell phones and it's brought the worst and best out of some companies. It's the little fish vs. the big fish.

manosdias likes this.
  3. manosdias
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Mar 1, 2021 :
    My main grumble is the oxygen OS. Originally I chose OnePlus for Cyanogen mod which was built by real android devotees. Solid, fast and stable. Since moving to oxygen and through the android updates more and more bugs appear and nothing is done to sort them. I hope this new direction works for OnePlus as it's good to have competition. However as an end user it simply doesn't work for me. There's a loss of being part of the OnePlus family, more just a guinea pig for the OnePlus corporation 😔

4. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I mean, I'm grateful that OnePlus is one of the ONLY phone brands that has proper 60FPS support in Fortnite (the other being Samsung), at least for the main models like the 7T and 8T. It makes a massive difference in-game especially during build battles.

I miss it whenever I have to use my backup Mi 10T and have to put up with 30FPS, it looks like a slideshow by comparison!

That alone makes me stick with the brand no matter what... 👍

5. manosdias

One of only, but certainly not the only. There are far better gaming phones available out there if that's your main use. All I've ever wanted is a phone to perform as stated. Not to be full of bugs then be asked to provide logs, only for nothing to be done about it. Poor software team who seem incapable of solving simple problems. A mobile should operate consistently and be something the end user can rely upon. I'm afraid this is now a bug ridden brand and has been surpassed by so called inferior brands. All I'm saying is as an original OnePlus user I am no longer satisfied with their products which no longer provide value for money. I'm jumping ship to something more stable, I use my phone for business not to be a test user for the OnePlus empire/business.

6. manosdias

Also I hope OnePlus take note of my comments as I'm sure I'm not the only person unhappy. Maybe they don't care anyway and have hit record sales....who knows 🤔. I believe it'd be a big mistake to lose your original fanbase.

7. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Yeah, no. We don't really have a choice where I live.

It's Either we become Xiaomi shills or put up with the Ex-crap-nos versions of ridiculously taxed Samsung Galaxy's. OP is still a legitimate and viable competitor and brand for gaming heavy use cases.

Also, didn't Mrwhosetheboss show that gaming phones are absolutely unnecessary since they use the exact same components as "mainstream" phones but for much higher prices?