Why am I having memory issues with a 6 GB phone?

1. gpgorbosjr
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

gpgorbosjr , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I use map my walk. So far all my workouts have been the wrong distance. It looks like the GPS is working correctly but the app is going falling out of memory of something. All I use is Android messages, play music and the map my walk app.

I believe the app isn't staying in memory and when it falls out it doesn't count the mileage. It even disappeared from my status bar and when I opened it the app was still running but didn't record any of the distance.

A 2.90 mile walk I take registered as 2.14 miles today. it probably would have been even less if I didn't open the app back up.

I've used Moto X style, Moto g5 plus, Galaxy S8+ and Nexus 6P with this app and get the same distance on my walks. only one plus messes it up.

And I don't have any battery optimizations on. it's really disappointing as this functionality is really important to me. I'm trying to lose weight and recently lost 20 pounds and inaccurate measurements aren't going to help me.

PS: One Plus why don't you make your community app so that the keyboard actually autocorrect and auto capitalize like every other app.

2. Robson
    KitKat Jun 27, 2017

Robson , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Not by hijacking another ones thread that's for sure..

3. Bartnl
    Lollipop Jun 27, 2017

Bartnl , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Use the
    search.gif

4. gpgorbosjr
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

lol thanks. I was going to respond but didn't even bother.

Robson likes this.
  5. erickok755
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

erickok755 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I use the Google fit app to track the workout, the accuracy is there. Try to enable the location in HIGH accuracy on the google map app.
    FYI, mt device is OP5 6-64.

6. gpgorbosjr
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Google fit but I really would like the device to just work properly out of the box. there's clearly an issue with mapmywalk and this device because I've used it on so many other devices without issue.

but I do like the phone so I'll see if I can get better results with Google fit. I just hate having to change what I'm used to and what hasn't been working when I shouldn't have issues.

erickok755 likes this.
  7. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2017

felipemendes , Jun 27, 2017 :
    When I used Endomondo with Moto X, X2, X Style, I always had issues with the camera. I'd open the camera and Endomondo would close. Now using Strava I never had an issue.

I think the problem is most likely with mapmywalk than with the phone.

cwdelloneplus likes this.
  8. luis.arano
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

9. gpgorbosjr
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

I really don't think so. I've used it fine with a ton of phones. even if it is a mapmywalk issue it's something specific to this phone.

how do I do that?

10. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2017

felipemendes , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Maybe you have a point, maybe not. I used to use Endomondo with my Galaxy S2, but had problems with much newer phones. If you can use the same version of the app in a different phone, I can agree there's a problem with OP5.

Still I didn't bother: switched to Strava.

11. cwdelloneplus
    Froyo Jun 27, 2017

cwdelloneplus , Jun 27, 2017 :

12. gpgorbosjr
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

the app was last updated on the 22nd which means I've used the same version on both a Nexus 6p and a Moto x style.