why am I not getting a reply from support?

1. ZeroAdam
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

2. bkieu
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2014

bkieu , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Hope your order will be cancelled, at the end you'll lose your money if you resell it.

3. Sc0tty1989
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

4. msdigitall
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

msdigitall , Nov 19, 2014 :
    yes, but not the great extent

5. oneforvi
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2014

oneforvi , Nov 19, 2014 :
    On the ancient "Pending Authorizations!" thread a number of us have posted that our Canceled orders have been rejuvenated with a new Processing status. Understand, please, that some of us WANTED our orders to be canceled and to stay that way forever.

Oh...and apparently there is a NEW Pending Authorization thread that is beginning to repeat the problem discussion of the old one!

Gawd...

6. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 19, 2014

superplus , Nov 19, 2014 :
    actually, since they are a startup and they had no idea of how successful the OPO was going to be, nor how production would come along, especially in the beginning, they decided to introduce the invite system, so that, rather than waiting months after placing your pre-order, it might be hard to get an invite at first, but at least when you finally got it, you knew that, all going well, you would actually be able to hold the phone in your hand later that week. even though back in the day it might have taken months to obtain an invite, there's been two pre-order events over the past couple of weeks and you can get an invite in a matter of minutes/hours these days. with all your 'hype' mentioning and all I think you'd also be surprised to learn they actually weren't making any money on the first handsets they were selling. these posts might provide with a bit more intel that you seem to be unaware of on how and why they have this system ;):p
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-invite-system-updated-may-9.1150/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/how-will-oneplus-make-money.12343/

7. loach
    Eclair Nov 19, 2014

loach , Nov 19, 2014 :
    If you get the phone shipped to you, better sell it on ebay. Yesterday I saw one sold for 389Euros + shipping...

8. Sc0tty1989
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

Sc0tty1989 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    yeah, if I don't like it I'm going to sell it on Ebay but make sure I can prove I got it from OPO and not from a fake Chinese supplier. :D :D

9. satya.89
    Eclair Nov 19, 2014

satya.89 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Mate, I had placed an order for a 2nd phone for someone and they didn't want it, so, I raised a ticket to cancel it, all within 4-5hrs of placing an order and then put an update in the ticket to cancel this ticket and proceed with the order as initially requested.
    It's been 6 days now, phone has been shipped and has reached the forwarding company (which is what I wanted) but there is no action on the ticket. Not closed, no update in it, nothing.

10. Sc0tty1989
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

adamburt likes this.
  11. nexvision
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2014

nexvision , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Wont matter where you got it from for resale warranty only applies to purchaser not secondary. So no matter who you sell to they will not have warranty unless you handle it for them.

12. Hitmanjustin
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2014

Hitmanjustin , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Im on the fence too, but I figure the great thing about the OPO is no contract. If I don't end up liking it at least I wont have to pay out tons of $$ to get out of a contract

adamburt likes this.
  13. adamburt
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

adamburt , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Thank you your explanation, however I understand why they do it and I do not debate that it is beneficial for company (profitable or otherwise is also not my concern). However, in my opinion, this method requires a lot of chasing and asking for the invite or giving up a lot of information to obtain one. Before going through all that, I want to ensure that I will be satisfied with the end product. I, so far, have not found a good review of performance between the S5 and OPO that is not simply a comparison of specs. I am trying to find reasons to (or not to) purchase this device.

If you've ever owned a S5 and now have an OPO, perhaps your time might be better spent providing a answer to my question, rather than trying to change my opinion.

14. nexvision
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2014

nexvision , Nov 19, 2014 :
    To answer your question I have a friend who has been using the S5 and just got the OPO he chose to stick with his S5 for 2 reason and only 2 reason. #1 Water Resistant # He is a heavy user of QI.
    In his exact words if he didnt use these it would be OPO hands down. So if neither of those matter to you OPO 100%.

15. superplus

include a picture of the back ;) the bit that says 'cyanogenmod' isn't on the chinese versions

16. adamburt
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

@nexvision, thanks that helps. I assuming that by not knowing what QI is, I probably don't use it :) . My wife has dropped her phone in the toilet twice (I assume not on purpose), but perhaps I can "donate" my S5 to her. Thanks for helping take a step close to a decision.

17. superplus

I wasn't trying to change your opinion, you just seemed to think the invite system existed for different reasons, but I probably misinterpreted your post then

never owned an S5, but have seen plenty comparison threads
    https://forums.oneplus.net/search/2993813/?q=S5 opo difference&o=relevance

i'm sure you'll find some on general non-OP review forums as well ;) good luck!

edit: ps, if you do decide to go for an OPO, it really isn't a big deal these days anymore, I got some invites for some friends in a matter of minutes/hours earlier this week

18. adamburt
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

@superplus, awesome, thanks. I'll review some of the posts. For some reason (probably my inability to search effectively) I haven't read a lot of the posts that you sent in the link. I'll read more of them now. Even the 2 I have just perused contain some great info.

Good call on the "not a big deal", especially at that price!! I could get two OPOs for the price of the damn Samsung!!

Thanks again.

superplus likes this.
  19. yumchakingguy
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2014

yumchakingguy , Nov 20, 2014 :
    It takes 5 to 7 days for Oppo to respond but they will.

I have the OPO and I'm quite happy with it. Is there something you're concerned about causing you to cancel the order?

20. aubthedrummer
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2014