Why Android 9 hangs and slows down?

1. G_Андрей_Коро
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

G_Андрей_Коро , Aug 1, 2019 :
    I ask you to share experience, observations, why someone has 9 hanging, but someone does not. How was it updated? Did you make wipes?

2. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

TheMystic , Aug 1, 2019 :
    Your best bet is to backup and factory reset.

If you continue to have the problem even after factory reset, one or more of your apps are the cause.

3. G_Андрей_Коро
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

Did according to your advice did not help.

4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

Did you do a factory reset so quickly? Hope you backed up all your data.

Now install just the most essential apps and see if you face any problems. If not, then install some more that you really need.

If possible, you can show the apps you have installed on your phone. We may try and help pointing out the bad apps.

5. G_Андрей_Коро
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

I have done this all before. A couple of weeks ago. And what is this strange OS that you need to choose which applications to install ?!))) I had all the applications from world developers. Verified.

nabsrai likes this.
  6. yusuf.iqbal3
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

yusuf.iqbal3 , Aug 1, 2019 :
    how's the pubg experience on official android 9 on OnePlus 3t I am on android 8 plz reply

7. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

Some of the most popular apps on Google Play Store are also the most useless ones that can cause lags and slow down your experience. Examples would be antivirus, cleaning apps, and similar.

I'm not sure if OOS for 3/3T offers users to choose what they want to install. But if it is there, it is a good thing. For example, screen recording is a great feature to have for many users, but some don't need it. It is one of the apps that the system allows the user to decide whether it should be installed or not.

8. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

I have faced lags every now and then.

If you are into a lot of gaming, get the iPhone. No Android phone beats the iPhone even today.

9. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2019

sammerasker , Aug 1, 2019 :
    not true...
    the new OP7 pro and the new Asus ROG both perform much better than an iphone on games.

Samtocall likes this.
  10. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

We will have to see how well they perform over time. But I have heard many YouTubers who make gaming videos say the same. This is also true in my personal experience, although I don’t have either of the devices you have mentioned.

11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2019

ghostofcain , Aug 1, 2019 :
    Just because someone says it on YouTube doesn't make it so, I've seen some absolute bullshit posted there.

sammerasker and Paschfire like this.
  12. TheMystic
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

It is well known that you get the best gaming experience on the iPhone. And I'm talking about proper gamers who have nothing to do with tech. And these were casual comments they make during their gaming commentary, not a review or something. Some of them have specifically mentioned the Samsung S10+ which is one of the best phones available in the market today.

It is okay if you don't want to take their word. But in my experience of using smartphones for the last 7 years, I have heard this thing from many people on many different platforms. All that said, I will agree with that perception from personal experience too. I have the Huawei MediaPad M5 and my OnePlus 3T. PubG lags like hell every now and then and is super annoying. My iPhone 7 Plus, now almost 3 years old runs games like a charm.

I have good reason to believe in the statement I made.

13. U1518634141305
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2019

U1518634141305 , Aug 4, 2019 :
    am have been updated my oneplus 3t to 9.0
    from the day after updated my battery is draining a lot
    2 to 3 hours only
    I need to downgrade is to 8.0
    can anyone tag me give a link

14. TemplarSniper
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

TemplarSniper , Aug 6, 2019 :
    Google search to easy don't post sillyness, you got the phone you should know how to upgrade/downgrade find os's and sideload apks otherwise why do you have the phone?
    35i39j0i131j0i67j46i67j46i131i67j0i131i67.1GmFJPzm82E

15. TemplarSniper
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

16. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2019

sammerasker , Aug 8, 2019 :
    1- i don't know why are you tagging me???
    2- you're evidence is?!!! many gamers on youtube use OP7 Pro, some of them used to play with an iphone (namely powerbang) apart of OnePlus sponsoring him, you can SEE his game play with the device , and i see no issues what so ever.
    changing the layout from 2 to 3 to 4 to 6 fingers has nothing to do with performance, those buttons are already there, it's not an added functionality, so what ever he's saying is simply wrong, and the issue is on his end.
    some people prefer an Apple device for the sole reason of playing on a bigger screen, namely the Ipad series, that's why , a bigger screen that allows multiple finger placement with ease, plus, the bigger screen shows more stuff on the game (bigger view port).
    those are few reasons of many, non of which has anything to do with performance, this gap is gone Long time ago.