why are people switching from OPO to LG G3?

1. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

zabakingboy , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Read my signature. I don't have OPO, never did. I got those from the posts from this forum that people have been posted every day.

2. laloman18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2014

laloman18 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    LG G3 has horrible battery life! And lags too do to its high pixel screen which eats up battery. Seriously anybody that's stares at their phones screen and has a boner cause it has no life! What ya gonna b telling people walking by "ooh look at this screen, ooh its shiny...!". No body gives a ****!

ninfrank and dcparkml like this.
  3. Hawaiian player

4. dcparkml
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

dcparkml , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Who can ever feel their smart phone vibrate
    I've owned
    HTC Hero, One, One X, Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S4
    and the only time I ever notice a vibration is when it's sitting on the desk in class...
    Still waiting for my OPO to arrive so I can't relate to these issues you guys have stated.

VerRawrNica likes this.
  5. phearal
    Eclair Sep 11, 2014

phearal , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Wow those are some issues! but I don't have any of those problems (knock on wood) Sim tray is a problem? You must change it a lot or something...

bdsaintess and VerRawrNica like this.
  6. gabiv
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

gabiv , Sep 11, 2014 :
    my One is perfect, no yellow band, no WiFi issues, or Bluetooth, nothing wrong with it at all. Never tried the GPS, I have no clue how that works on this. July issue.

If anybody wants to trade a LG G3 with warranty for this one, please PM. Includes Nilkin case, Nilkin H9 screen protector, and flip case, all there with original box, NA charger and papers. Not a tiny scratch on it either.

7. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

zabakingboy , Sep 11, 2014 :
    So your OPO is working fine, but you still want to trade?

VerRawrNica likes this.
  8. esrtek
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2014

esrtek , Sep 11, 2014 :
    LOL - so glad I gave up on this phone before they ever sent invites. Had the G2 and just got free upgrade to G3 :) Loving the phone.

Anyway, I can't say why everyone did, but I changed cause the damn phone was available and I didn't need some invite bullshit!!!

9. VerRawrNica
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

VerRawrNica , Sep 11, 2014 :

Considering she switched from an iPhone says a lot

Heck even Nokias are faster :D:p

10. joeleodabomb
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

4thWALL likes this.
  11. asclepiusgal50
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

asclepiusgal50 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    hadn't realized people were 'settling'

12. Nymenon
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Nymenon , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Just look at this ingame performance:

OnePlus One beats all the other Androids in terms of Benchmark + In APP performance. G3 is probably the worst. Worse than G2. Very laggy due to low FPS.

As for Benchmark tests, OnePlus One beats G3 by far:

13. Vtmetal
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Vtmetal , Sep 11, 2014 :
    LG g3 probably the best phone of 2014. You'd have to try one to understand. It's kind of like a Honda-not necessarily the best at everything but good at everything and bad at nothing. It's the best phone I've ever owned and I've had a lot of Apple and Android. I would not take an opo now and give up my g3 for anything. Op blew it with their invites. I would even consider the new moto g upgrade at 180+- contract free over opo.

14. gabiv
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

gabiv , Sep 11, 2014 :
    yes, this is great phone, but the LG has me hooked. I have 2 G2 (my wife has one, I have the other)and love them, I would like to try the G3 at par exchange. I like the One, but I also like bloat ware (aka, the nice UI apps to play with).

zabakingboy likes this.
  15. Krakaass
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

Krakaass , Sep 11, 2014 :
    On Craigslist in my area they are selling OPO 64gb for $425+ but I haven't seen any "trade" OPO for any other phone including LG G3.

16. leemartin
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2014

leemartin , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I think you have a different OPO to me....

17. ninfrank
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

18. wizard

wizard , Sep 11, 2014 :
    The hardware is of the same quality you see in a G3 so unless you have the facts then its all talk..

touchscreen is fine i have no issues i have had all the latest phone S3,S5 and i wouldnt change my oneplus for another phone :p

19. epenricefsp

epenricefsp , Sep 11, 2014 :
    No, it doesn't affect the phone at all, and you don't all have it, and you only really notice if you are reading on a white background even at that, only in certain light conditions. It is really, they say, just the glue hasn't hardened properly and they say it will go away in time. There are ways to take away the yellow tint which is about the bottom fifth of the screen, through modifying the overall screen temperature, but I am just holding out until it goes by itself, since I have no other problems with the phone, I can live with it for now. :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

sk37ch likes this.
  20. sk37ch
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

sk37ch , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Thanks for the response. The more I read as far as the possible complaints about the phone and people's reactions or responses to such complaints have been very helpful in me deciding to still purchase the phone for when I do get the invite. I'm in need of 2 OPOs. My son just started Middle school and that's when we, along with a bunch of or friends decided would be time for them to get their first phones. I gave him my old Galaxy S3 for now and I'm using my wife's old Galaxy S3 with a cracked screen. So, the way I figure it is that even with the yellow band... it'll be light years better than the cracked screen! Hahaha. And I thought that it would be a cool thing for father and son to figure out all the ins and outs of the OPO together. It'll probably be more like son schooling dad on all the new things that he's discovered about the phone. Amazing how capable these guys are at such an early age!

epenricefsp likes this.