why are people switching from OPO to LG G3?

1. epic800
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

epic800 , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I wouldn't trade my OPO for a G3 after comparing it with my brothers. I may be lucky but I am not plagued with any of the common OPO issues.

2. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 10, 2014 :
    You not correct in that statement.

3. minh07
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

minh07 , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Because they think the perceived value of the 1+ One is equal to the real value of the LG G3. But G3 owners know better hence you still see lots of post wanting to trade. But no G3 owner actually wants to trade. :)

4. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 10, 2014 :
    what area are you looking at?

5. Lunatasian
    KitKat Sep 10, 2014

Lunatasian , Sep 10, 2014 :
    G3's screen hinders performance too much for my liking :( I get that it's pretty, but it can't play games very well (Snapdragon 801/Adreno 330 with that display?!, c'mon), and that's an important thing for hip teens like me :p

Waiting for my OnePlus One to arrive, but I know for a fact I won't be switching to a G3, even if it costs 200 bucks unlocked.

6. hazzavg
    KitKat Sep 10, 2014

hazzavg , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I don't get random resets
    Mine doesn't rattle
    I don't have low call volume
    Mine doesn't have the yellowing
    Why are you opening your sim tray so much it breaks

Lunatasian and stephenlotus like this.
  7. jdmpaul
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

jdmpaul , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I'm in California. inland empire.

8. stephenlotus
    KitKat Sep 10, 2014

stephenlotus , Sep 10, 2014 :
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with my device. It's perfect. No issues. The feel of the g3 is too wide and feels to gaudy to me. Opo feels so much better in the hand. I would never make the trade.

House_Maniac and Lunatasian like this.
  9. jngo102
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2014

jngo102 , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I actually changed from a G3 to a OPO.

Things I enjoy about OPO:

• better design (IMO)
    • sandstone texture
    • more accurate screen (whiter whites)
    • higher saturation of camera shots
    • increased customization
    • slightly better battery
    • slightly better performance
    What I'll miss about my G3:

• super high resolution display (difference between 1080p and 1440p WAS noticeable)
    • rear buttons
    • more compact and lighter form
    • microSD
    • removable battery
    • accessories (OPO only has a few cases to choose from)

10. sk37ch
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

sk37ch , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and have just found out about the phone a week ago. I like the aesthetics of the phone and love the promotion aspect of it, even though I still need to wait for an invite, I'm ok with that. I have been hearing about this yellow band thing... can you tell me what it is and does it affect the performance of the phone? thanks.

Lunatasian likes this.
  11. youngchaos
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

12. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

Maxximuscool , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Mine and my fiancée's OnePlus One have not rattled once and still very solid. But we never dropped our phones and it has been in tight casing :D

jdmpaul likes this.
  13. rnmhaag
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

rnmhaag , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Personal choice...both excellent phones...support for the LG is a little more established...

14. AJbubba
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

AJbubba , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Does it really. I am thinking of getting this phone (Once I get an invite) and I don't want something as cheap as you make it sound.

15. omaro2k
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

omaro2k , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I have been tempted by the LG G3, but can't justify paying over £150 on top for a phone that's only benefit is a Quad HD screen! :eek:

jdmpaul likes this.
  16. Redondosantos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 10, 2014

Redondosantos , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Where are you taking about, I bought 3 OPO's already and I don t have any kind of problems? Working very good

stephenlotus and jdmpaul like this.
  17. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

I guess we are on the same boat :D
    Mine seems okay and the yellowing has now disappeared after a few weeks. I don't see why and what the ******* fuss about this anyway? It does not even bother me lol.

As for sim tray part - I put my sim in and that was it. There is no need to take it in and out and in again for any reason. There is a way to install the sim back without breaking it. It is called put it back in the way it came out of the phone. Those idiots people break anything they owned..Hahha

bean6022000 likes this.
  18. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2014

Dude!! Don't just read his feedback and ignore the rest.
    We don't have any problems with our and people who knit picking is not going to be happy with anything they owned. That is including his wife, kids, his other possessions and his parents or his life as a human being.

stephenlotus likes this.
  19. Xemnal
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

Xemnal , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I personally LOVE my OnePlus One. I would not trade it for any other phone. I haven't had any real issues with my phone. At least none that I couldn't fix. I truly hope OnePlus will be able to get their customer service a little more developed to help with customers whom have had major issues. All in all, though, I would never trade away my OPO for an LG G3.

epenricefsp likes this.
  20. AJbubba
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

AJbubba , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Thanks for the response.