why are people switching from OPO to LG G3?

1. smok3y
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 10, 2014

smok3y , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Not trading my OPO for anything. It is a beauty and a beast in one package. I may have a little yellow tint at the bottom but I don't get bothered with it. I rarely need to look at the bottom of the screen. I am just waiting for the Synaptics firmware upgrade for the touch issues and the new OTA to resolve battery drain. The phone is absolutely awesome in every other way. I love it.

jdmpaul likes this.
  2. FBIL
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2014

FBIL , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Low sound volume may not be the fault of the OPO I had similar issues with CM on my note 2 tried every trick in the book even spent money on volume boosting apps to no avail. In the end I switched to SlimKAT and call volume immediately improved. CM isn't so great, there are far better ROMs out there such as SlimKAT and Omni

3. acer38
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

acer38 , Sep 10, 2014 :
    OPO quality is not that good, got my OPO about 3 weeks ago and really excited to power this baby up, when did power up the phone and went through the setup and guess what whappen, the damn phone have YELLOW BAND almost 1/3 of the bottom of the screen, that was a big disapointment but it doesn't stop there. After few hour played with the phone the battery ran out of juice so I'm pluged the charger in to the phone to charge, about 5 minutes later I'm heard pop sound noise come from the charger so I'm pickup the phone and I'm can see the phone is not charging at all and started to smell like plastic burning come the charger so I'm grabbed the charger and the damn thing got so hot alsmost burn my hand. Contact OPO to do RMA and finally they send me the RMA number for charger today 3 weeks later. On top of that bought the hard case from OPO store and the case doesn't fit the phone, it keep pop out from the phone nice OPO. After 3 weeks of use the yellow band still there even put it under sun for couple hours and it doesn't help. MY SHIT LUCK WITH OPO. It goes back in the box and back to my Note 3 that why people want to trade this phone for something else.

4. jdmpaul
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

jdmpaul , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Wow bad luck

5. Lunatasian
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

Lunatasian , Sep 11, 2014 :
    No, it doesn't affect performance and it isn't really THAT noticeable from what I've heard. Some people don't even have it. If you're waiting for an invite, just be active and you'll have one within three days. Also, if your considering this phone, I'd say GO FOR IT :)

6. chri5py
    Froyo Sep 11, 2014

chri5py , Sep 11, 2014 :
    would not get a g3 over a opo. unless it was the same price then i might consider it.

7. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

zabakingboy , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Yes, one out of...200k?
    That is damming evidence.

8. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

9. zabakingboy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2014

zabakingboy , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I think you got a defective one. ;-)

10. ravo
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2014

ravo , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Offensive profile pic.... just for the sake of invite...

11. ravo
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2014

ravo , Sep 11, 2014 :
    These are cyanogen bugs.. and will be fixed.
    did you try any other rom?

12. Jay96815
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

jdmpaul likes this.
  13. acer38
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

acer38 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Yup! I love to show off this phone my friends and send them my invites, nope not chance can't do it to my friends so I gave my invites randomly to people on the forum and hope they don't have MY LUCK. Damn I'm really like this phone.

jdmpaul likes this.
  14. sk37ch
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

sk37ch , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Thanks for replying and the information. I am indeed considering this phone. Always rooting for the underdog and would love for OPO to carve out a share in the marketplace against the Iphones and the galaxy Ss. I know that the intent isn't necessarily to compete against the 1 and 2, but as long as OP makes a good product, people will take notice and will have an alternative! That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks again.

Lunatasian likes this.
  15. VincentRTS
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

VincentRTS , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I've had both. I enjoy the Opo over the LG G3, cause I do. I don't care if it has bugs, all phones do. I have faith in cyanogen smoothing out said bugs. LG I'm sure will fix theirs too. I'm also going to get a Moto X 2014 and a Nexus 6. I'm sure they'll have bugs too. So get what you want, and deal with it. Everyone looks for problems with phones, even before they're released. Not one phone will ever please everyone.

But then again, everyone besides myself is perfect, right? lol.

16. sk37ch
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

sk37ch , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I think that we're in the same boat. I'm considering getting this phone and am awaiting an invite as well. I've been doing a lot of reading in the forums and it is a concern when I read about the rattling. However, I've also read a few of posts from people who have had problems with their phones and are NOT looking for a refund, but either a fix or a replacement phone. They still want to keep their OPOs and that to me is excellent news. I'm just hoping that the little bugs would've gotten fixed we won't have any problems when we get ours.

17. mznpopman
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2014

mznpopman , Sep 11, 2014 :
    The g3 is better I traded my OPO for it and the screen is god and the UI is so much faster

18. Superv1979
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2014

Superv1979 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Could someone send me an invitation .
    I would buy a phone .i don't know how to get an invitation. And I don't have family who has one
    Thank you very much

19. I5core
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2014

20. jameslast
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

jameslast , Sep 11, 2014 :
    So in general, taking in account also the negative comments - many many positive comments putting aside for a second, I mean ;-) - what are the general thoughts of you users about the 1+1 ? I feel like some regular sites and fans are (over)hyping this phone, but I must admit I've found it difficult (if not impossible) to find really negative reviews. I remain enthousiastic about this phone.