Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2014

3. giman1
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

giman1 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I am positive that was a fricken joke.

4. cpt000
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2014

cpt000 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    The battery in my nexus 4 is slowly dying and I screwed up the replacement. Opo looks lovely for the stats - RMA process does concern me though.

5. giman1
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

giman1 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    For me, I really didn't want a phablet. But the challenge of getting an invite intrigued me. So I gave it a shot. I put alot of effort in to getting an invite, so when I did, I thought I better use it! Who knows, this phablet might win me over.

dlackey likes this.
  6. aminushki
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2014

7. kashiporro
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2014

kashiporro , Oct 15, 2014 :
    you cannot get a better phone for the same price.... and because i want a new phone xD i have a Nexus 5 right now.

8. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I got it because I was drawn in by their marketing as a "Flagship Killer"

I used to have a Galaxy S4 Black Edition running a Google Edition ROM, and that was very close to my ideal kinda phone. The 5" Super AMOLED display was a perfect size for my hands, and with the right amount of tuning, it was an amazing display with rich colors and deep, power-saving blacks. Visibility wasn't too shabby, either, because it's one of the newer generation AMOLED displays. It had a faux leather finish like the Note 3, without the phablet bulk and also had a proper black front glass too (none of that Black Mist nonsense). Throw in a decent camera, chipset, removable battery and MicroSD expansion (I had a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Class 10 UHS-I), and it's no slouch. The only thing that let me down was the faux metal rims, but the buttons were actually metal, so that was nice. It didn't have TouchWiz bloat, and it felt less cheap in the hand than the normal Galaxy S4.

[​IMG]

Reselling the Galaxy S4 was a pain though, because I had upgraded to the new bootloader with the Knox warranty flag thing, so flashing a stock TouchWiz ROM broke the WiFi, so I had to sell it with a Knox-free custom ROM.

So yeah, I don't really know why I got the OnePlus One, when my particular Galaxy S4 Black Edition GPe was so awesome. It did cost $800 (AUD) though (I could only get it from the UK), so there's that. But price wasn't really an issue for me, since the OnePlus One cost about $500 (AUD) for me to get it to Australia anyway.

9. KillerBeeFM
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2014

KillerBeeFM , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I m planning to get One xD, just saving up.

I wanted it cuz of its cool design and cuz of how cheap it is to get such a great phone!

10. Thedulli
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

Thedulli , Oct 15, 2014 :
    Battery life for me is important. My job requires me to have emails and other notifications on push and therefore I need to charge my nexus 4 about twice a day. Price is also important to me and I have never bought a phone new so this will be different.

11. ajem
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2014

ajem , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I got mine because my old phone (HTC Mozart 7 - I know, right?) got smashed against a wall - simply because I am wrong in the head and I get mad about little things. So I needed something worth not smashing ;)

Plus, the great look, the specs, and camera - always wanted to have a phone with amazing picture-taking abilities, not to have the need to buy an camera for solely one purpose.

It's cheap, too, and - as many can probably relate - I never bought new phone, so this is new for me in many ways. Taking into account that I've never had Android before, too.

12. mudkiller
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

13. idrees_muhammed
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2014

idrees_muhammed , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I had an s2 for quite a while now... and was looking for an upgrade. Do not want to pay ridiculous amount for Samsung was about to go with nexus 5 but then I got introduced to one plus... oh my love at first sight I would say.... And yes I decided to get one but have to earn an invite.... I am working hard towards it!

giman1 likes this.
  14. ethanchim10
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2014

15. Don500488
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

Don500488 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    Because I broke my phone while taking a dump while I was visiting a castle in Japan... While looking for a new phone, my cousin suggested me to buy the Oneplus One phone! Looked into it and man, do I want to buy that phone!

16. dlackey
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2014

dlackey , Oct 15, 2014 :
    Stick a face on the avatar and contribute. Good things will happen. Welcome.

17. superjennie20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2014

superjennie20 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    Many reasons here but the number one reason is to be different. Everyone at work has either the company iPhone or the main stream phones. It is nice to standout without breaking the back. lol

18. lda1971
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2014

19. bwiggsjr
    Froyo Oct 15, 2014

bwiggsjr , Oct 15, 2014 :
    I am trying to get the oneplus one because it is a great product and for a great price. Apple iphone can't even begin to touch this phone and I love android. And the price for this phone is what makes it a flagship killer. I know everyone loves the note 3 because or the s pen but I honestly rarely used it. Plus the oneplus one comes already rooted and it has a screen recorder built in. The camera is just amazing. And the invite system is a nice touch. Personally I'm hating it because I want to buy the phone but can't because I don't have an invite but it shows oneplus cares for this product that you have to earn the right to carry the phone around. Love it!

20. Yves la vende
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2014

superjennie20 likes this.