Why cant Android be as phone friendly as iOS?

1. kcpatel83
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2015

kcpatel83 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Hello All,

This query might look to you biased, but I am long time iPhone user and recently purchased opo(earlier i tried nexus 5 for week and switched back to iPhone).
    I thought Cyanogen must be little customized to be more phone friendly.
    But after using it for 3 days, i tend to believe that Android is OS for tablets rather than Phones.
    Android simply have ruined 2 most important apps must required for a phone (dialer and contacts).
    If i have a PHONE i want this two app to be doing the job as they should have to.
    And i couldnt find any as simple and easy to use dialer and contacts apps as they have for iOS.

Do anyone agree to this?
    If not suggest me dialer(phone) and contacts app, as simple and easy to use as iOS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit/correction here:

I am already buried under replies and quotes but still want to clarify.
    I am not against Android. I want Android to be as solid as it can be. Otherwise the big Apple will have too much of monopoly.

I agree. Android can be customized the way you want. But what about whom, who are not pro or dont want to spend time doing so.
    I can live with everything else android offers but dialer, its a real pain in the a**.
    You have to have Google Voice or something else to have visual voicemail. I mean with all the customization at your disposal and nobody noticed how odd this is? and nobody try to merge it together. not even google. Pity :(

Just go through iOS phone dialer and contacts apps to understand what i am trying to say. I am just suggesting improvements that being open source Android should implement.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

2. Milad
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2015

Milad , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I've never had problems with these apps.
    The beauty of android is the ability to custimise.
    Just DL and install a different dialer or contacts app.

siocnarf13 and forgotten like this.
  3. Samuels1950
    Eclair Feb 2, 2015

Samuels1950 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Using Android is more work. The tradeoff is set-it-and-forget-it (iOS) v. ability to define your unique user experience.

hball and hemanthwolve like this.
  4. hemanthwolve
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2015

hemanthwolve , Feb 2, 2015 :
    are you really saying, what you are saying???

iOS is more phone friendly that Androido_O

I never had such problems with any of my Android device, whether it is Cyanogen or Stock or any other custom rom...
    See people, this is what iPhone does to you, makes you think too much and go crazy:p

rajaspardeshi and benluca like this.
  5. trabi
    Donut Feb 2, 2015

trabi , Feb 2, 2015 :
    i too agree that ios is better and user friendly than android. just ordered opo and i am not sure what it will be like

6. awkward_potato
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2015

awkward_potato , Feb 2, 2015 :
    You gave no support, reasoning, or any sort of comparison what so ever. So yes it is indeed biased.

7. siocnarf13
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

siocnarf13 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I don't really agree to this. I would suggest you to go back to iOs if it fit more to you.

8. rubyxcube
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2015

rubyxcube , Feb 2, 2015 :
    It appears more complicated to you since, as you said, you are a long time iphone user. It's the other way around for me. I use hangouts for messaging, which also has a dialer.

9. cupidaj
    Froyo Feb 2, 2015

cupidaj , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I am lost so you are having problems with the dialer and contacts. Or you are looking for a app that does this. I came from an iPhone and I had one since day one and I love every bit of android it took me 1 day to figure things out and now I am not thinking of going back no time soon.

1st thing you must do is transfer your contacts to Google and then sync it to your phone it should all come up under people where all of your apps are once you start calling people you know they will be put on the dialer app for quick calling or fav. "Youtube is a man's best friend if you don't know how to do things."

10. benluca
    KitKat Feb 2, 2015

benluca , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Most people think it IS more friendly than ios. Unless by "friendly" you mean, restrictive, restricting, complete lack of personal customization of interface and NO personal choice of hardware. If that's what you mean by "friendly", than yeah, ok.

... and feel free to check out some of the other apple fanboy / troll threads, while your in the forums ... a simple search will help you with that, and you'll probably find great comfort in them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

awkward_potato and eranm5 like this.
  11. eranm5
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

12. Kallen
    Feb 2, 2015

Kallen , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I'm an advanced user on both OS's. I prefer iOS. I'm lazy. With android I waste way too much time playing with my phone messing with settings everyday. Sometimes it works sometimes, not so much. I also like iOS apps better.

kcpatel83 likes this.
  13. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

Vadomata , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I hate that Contacts and dialer are two different apps. Sometimes I forget how to edit contacts and I try to change them from dialler and suddenly dial someone XD

shokk likes this.
  14. cupidaj
    Froyo Feb 2, 2015

cupidaj , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I think it is way more friendly then IPhone like I said up top I was an IPhone user since day one and I find Android to be way more friendly.

15. Daniel Castanheira
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2015

Daniel Castanheira , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I don´t think that there´s any issue with dialer and contacts... if you like best the iphone, go back to it and case closed....

16. Chromer19
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2015

Chromer19 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Asop vs iPhone are to two different operating systems. Like windows and Linux. Each have its pros and cons. More people like the Idea of customization which android has a the capabilities of. IPhone is more about the business oriented people.

These are just opinions.

17. forgetfartuun
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

18. Kallen
    Feb 2, 2015

Kallen , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Grandma will have trouble with Android. Should think of friendly for tech guys.

19. chvzed
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2015

chvzed , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I have an iPhone 5s [for work stuff] ... an iPad mini [for school slides] .. and my main driver.. a OnePlus One, and I think there's no advantage from one to another.. you can customize iOs if you get it Jailbreaked and cydia installed. Anyway, Android's been made for you to create your OWN user experience.. which I like a lot. I've never had any problem with those apps, and I think they are as much useful and user-friendly as iOs'... You just need to think outside of the Apple-box :)

20. Kallen
    Feb 2, 2015

Kallen , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Security. Also, it's password every 5 min of non AppStore use.

forgetfartuun likes this.