why cant i load my game with mobile data?

1. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

Amos Lau , Jul 21, 2017 :
    I have got my new op5 on the last Tuesday which is the 8 GB RAM version. I was happy with the smooth experience at first. however after a few days I find out that my phone can't load an app with mobile data. I think it is odd because all of my other apps are working normally under both wift and mobile data, I had check for the setting that the mobile data had already been available for all apps. Does anyone know it is a unique problem for my phone or just very common? and how can I solve it? I have try everything I can think of, but none of them work, and it really makes me very fursturated :(
    *the data speed shown was almost zero when I open my app with my mobile data.

2. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 21, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 21, 2017 :
    What's the app's name and version?
    Can you collect some logs so that we can look into it?
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log
    2. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", select all these options (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    3. Click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click “cancel”
    4. Click "get QXDM Log, choose “modem-common”, roll down, click "open device log"
    5. Make the issue reproduce and take a screenshot to record the time
    6. Wait for several minutes (better above 10 minutes), click “save log” again to stop it, enter QXDM Log and choose “close device log”
    7. Enter file manager, choose storage, find the oem_log file, zip it and send it to us along with the screenshots
    Please don't forget to click on open and close device log when you start and finish essential QXDM log, which shall be above 100 MB before zipped. You can transfer the logs to google and share us a link.
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

You may send the logs to bughunters@oneplus.net with this issue link.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

Vickymodi008 and Cervantes like this.
  3. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

it is just a game named Marvel Future Fight, so is there anyway I can fix it ?

4. Crystal Z.

Did you download it from play store?
    Have you tried unload it and re-download?
    We don't know what caused the issue until we get logs, so if you can't figure this out, can you follow the steps of collecting logs so that we can look into it?

5. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

OK... I tried everything, reinstall, delete data , I even factory rest my phone, but none of them work

6. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

and I downloaded it from play store

7. fubar3803
    Froyo Jul 21, 2017

fubar3803 , Jul 21, 2017 :
    I had exactly the same issue with my OP5 when got it. I could play games in wifi but not mobile network. Finally figured out that the problem was to do with my APN settings, basically the settings that tell my phone how to connect to my mobile provider's network.
    Settings can be found here: Settings > Sim & Network > Sim 1 (or whichever sim you're having issues with) > Access Point Names > Select APN for your contract: PAYG or monthly etc.
    Worked immediately for me.

8. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

thx for the replyand your suggestions, I have checked it and it doesn't seen like being the problem of my data setting. to be more specific, I can't load my game data when I open the app by my first time , however, if I turned it on as a background app wich I used wifi to opened, my data runs the game perfectly. so it makes me wondered why such things happened that the data is not working only when I open the app for loading data

Attached Files:

9. Crystal Z.

Then, we need logs for further analysis.Thank you

10. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

11. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

OK I am going to do it, plz wait for a minute

12. Amos Lau
    Eclair Jul 21, 2017

I have done it already, is there anything left I can do?

13. Crystal Z.

Thank you, logs have been forwarded to the engineers for further analysis, if there is any update, we'll let you know.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

Amos Lau likes this.
  14. G_Nits_Beast_UERu
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2017

G_Nits_Beast_UERu , Jul 21, 2017 :
    I am unable to open youtube app in my 3T on wifi but on mobile data everything working fine. On wifi everything working fine too except youtube app. Its just keep loading and never opening although the network speed is quite good.
    I tried clearing cache and data of youtube app still with no luck.
    Can anyone please help in this.

15. Crystal Z.

When did it first occur?
    When it can't load youtube under wifi, can other apps work normally?

16. hkrish13
    Cupcake May 3, 2018

hkrish13 , May 3, 2018 :
    I have been using 1+ 3 for last two years, but recently I am facing issues with my mobile data. Some of apps are working fine, some of games not working i.e it's not connected to net. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, force stop, aeroplane mode, restart. But still issue is there.
    I have done the given steps as given above to get OEM log, sending to given mail id shortly

17. G_andely_wu_tLKC
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2018

G_andely_wu_tLKC , Jul 12, 2018 :
    I am unable to play the mobile game Darkness Rises with my mobile data as well. It works when I connect to wifi. I am using the Oneplus 6. I did try to reset the APN, reinstalled the game, but still no luck. Can anyone please help.

18. Swolley
    Eclair Aug 3, 2018

Swolley , Aug 3, 2018 :
    I've had this same issue. I can play on Wi-Fi just fine, but the game (Darkness Rises) simply will not connect on data. I have the OnePlus 6.

I had a similar issue with the OnePlus 5T when trying to make a call with Facebook Messenger on data. It had something to do with IPv4 and IPv6 and the fix was to change the APN. I am also on Simple Mobile, a reseller that is on the T-Mobile towers.

19. G_andely_wu_tLKC
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2018

20. Swolley
    Eclair Sep 25, 2018

Swolley , Sep 25, 2018 :
    try downloading an app called ForceLTE and change your LTE to something that passes both IPv4 and IPv6