why cant i load my game with mobile data?

1. G_andely_wu_tLKC
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

2. Swolley
    Eclair Sep 25, 2018

Swolley , Sep 25, 2018 :
    what carrier are you on?

3. G_andely_wu_tLKC
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

4. chou3626
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

chou3626 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    T-mobile isn't the problem. It's certainly the device itself. I have an Axon 7 and was able to play Darkness Rises just fine with T-Mobile LTE. When I switched to Oneplus 6 I have the same problem, only loads on wifi and not on cell network. I tried going on 2G, 3G, and 4G but it still won't work. I don't know what else to do! Tried Force LTE, let the network accept 4 and 6 still doesn't help. It's really weird!

5. chou3626
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

chou3626 , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Okay! I've figured it out. The steps:
    1.) Settings > Wi-Fi &internet > SIM & network > SIM 1 (T-Mobile) > Access Point Names
    2.) You should see 2 selectable settings, T-Mobile LTE (selected) and Tmobile Combined Settings, ignore those. Create a New APN by pressing the "+" button on top right (Your network might go crazy but that's okay, if you messed it up you can click on the 3 dots on top right and reset to default and it'll work again)
    3.) Change the following fields, leave the other alone
    Name: Doesn't matter, I name mine T-mobile custom
    APN:Monthly
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    APN type: default,supl,mms,xcap
    APN protocol: IPv6 -> change to both 4 and 6
    APN roaming protocol: same change
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Press the 3 dots on top right and save it. After this you might not see your settings yet but restart helps... I had to do it. Go back to the APNs and you'll see your newly created APN. Selected and you're done!

I think PAYG means pays as you go and monthly means pay per monthly. I wouldn't worry about this too much if you're already on a plan. But just to be safe, I chose monthly.

Hopefully this helps!

MaxAcoustics and JJStone77 like this.
  6. JJStone77
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

JJStone77 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I was having the same problem after getting my OnePlus 6t on T-Mobile. Darkness Rises worked just fine on my Pixel XL. I got the 6t and it played fine on Wifi but not on mobile data. The new APN setting from chou3626 did the trick. Thank you, very much, for sharing this fix!

7. samradh009
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2019

8. Q1591822036549
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

Q1591822036549 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Has anyone received useful help? My 6T just started having this issue after always working fine. Mobile games that require an internet connection no longer work on cell data when never an issue .

I downloaded from the Google Play store and no data saver is turned on and yes I removed and reinstalled already. Really do not want to factory reset considering that might not work considering someone else mentioned some posts ago.

Is there another way for support by phone perhaps? Would like to get this sorted out sooner than later based on the way this thread has developed.

Did try that solution and yet to work on my device but will try again. In reference to that does this mean the APN for T-Mobile in someway got corrupted on device or is it on their network?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020

9. MaxAcoustics
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

MaxAcoustics , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Wow this actually worked!!!
    Thanks man.