Why did cyanogen pull the COS 12.1 OTA?

1. George.f
    Froyo Aug 29, 2015

2. rebokz
    Froyo Aug 29, 2015

rebokz , Aug 29, 2015 :
    Just flash the 300mb or do it via the system updates in your settings, much easier.

3. George.f
    Froyo Aug 29, 2015

George.f , Aug 29, 2015 :
    Unfortunately, I have nothing in the system updates. It says "your system is up to date".

4. Fonetix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2015

5. George.f
    Froyo Aug 29, 2015

George.f , Aug 29, 2015 :
    Is there a problem if I am running a stock rom (COS 12 official) and I'm flashing the full zip (using TWRP)?

Vahius likes this.
  6. bdobbelaar
    Donut Aug 30, 2015

bdobbelaar , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Yeah. I myself am experiencing several issues like above. No LTE unless I restart the phone about 7 times. Signal is jumping all over the place. And it says no service on the lick screen until I log into the device, then it takes about 2 minutes to find the network. Not real happy about.

7. George.f
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

George.f , Aug 30, 2015 :
    N00b question, guys: how can I reverse the process (Update to 12.1 from stock 12 - Via OTA) In case I get to many bugs)?

8. jmarozas
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

jmarozas , Aug 30, 2015 :
    To my surprise I received the OTA update for 12.1 Friday afternoon. So far I'm not experiencing any issues

9. fitters
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2015

fitters , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Don't update guys. It's a battery drain killer. Plus bloat/spyware.. FFS.

CyangenMod FO with this POS update.

Backing up all my stuff now and will flash to a custom rom which I haven't done in years because of this rubbish update.

daviell likes this.
  10. Atlantiswasreal
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2015

Atlantiswasreal , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right thread or not. I was prompted to update to the new firmware version on friday and i clicked on update. It looked like it went through ok and i went to bed. In the morning, i was woken up by non stop notifications of my carrier's signal becoming unavailable over and over again and it has not stopped since then. It is now sunday morning. Basically, I have no stable connectivity on my phone for longer than a minute. Is there a fix for this or does anyone know if cyanogen is going to be releasing a future fix?

FYI, my phone is encrypted.

11. mayankkumar1281
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2015

mayankkumar1281 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    i am facing serious battery issues after updating to this 12.1 update on my cyanogen 12.0 ofiicial in my oneplus one.. any trick for making it right ?

daviell likes this.
  12. mayankkumar1281
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2015

mayankkumar1281 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    yes its a serious battery drain killer .. can you help me in reverting it back ?? or rooting my device ?? i dont know how to root my device and unlock the bootloader ???

13. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2015

Nevabackdown , Sep 2, 2015 :
    :eek:why?
    Any reasons? , i just downloaded the new zip file available after it resumed....
    Thou am on cm12.1(which got paused) already but its crappy

14. armmani2001
    KitKat Sep 2, 2015

armmani2001 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    don't know

15. Narenso
    Froyo Sep 7, 2015

Narenso , Sep 7, 2015 :
    WiFi and cellular signal strengths are quite poor and connecting on restart takes long..
    Exactly the same issue is annoying !! thought of going back to use cm12.

16. Shao Liu
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2015

Shao Liu , Sep 8, 2015 :
    are they going to hot fix the problem if you receive the update already?

17. dolas
    Donut Sep 8, 2015

dolas , Sep 8, 2015 :
    The first time I flashed new 5.1.1 I had cellular and WiFi problems. Then I used wugfresh bacon root toolkit and did a restore to stock 5.1.1 and no problems at all. Been on it for days now. Battery is fine, WiFi is fine, cellular is fine. And I like the new features after tweaking and removing some. Had to clean up apps cause didn't like all the features but after that everything is great.

18. beltway
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

beltway , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I had the same problems with losing signal constantly. Try going into Settings - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names, tap the 3 dots to the upper right and hit Reset to Default. Should have a big list of APNs show up. Choose your APN and restart.

Also, I used TWRP 2.8.7.0 at first, and it didn't update the baseband (under About Phone, latest version is 00241 in the baseband version, I was stuck with 00230 I think). Used Flashify to downgrade to 2.8.6.0 and reflash the full update to get the baseband flashed. Not sure how much it had to do with the connection problems, but doing both the above fixed it for me.

19. daviell
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2015

daviell , Sep 9, 2015 :
    I was one if the "lucky" 2%. First impressions were stellar. Really smooth and quick, with nice new functions. Then it all went pair shaped when I realised my battery life had taken a hammering with my SOT dropping to 3.5-4 hrs from about 6. Can't find any major wakelock bugs. Also, Bluetooth won't connect to my Chromebook any more (but works fine with everything else).

20. deabolis
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015

deabolis , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Hi, i just got my Oneplus one two days ago so I'm completly new to the scene! So far I'm absolutely loving the phone :)
    Ive got a question to the Cm 12.1 update. I've read that the OTA update is out, but so far, every time I check for updates, my phone doesn't find any. Right now it's still running 5.0.2 though.
    Do I have to do anything with the phone, like rooting it, so I can get the OTA update? Or is it just like any other phone, that it will automatically pull the update?
    Thanks ahead for your help :)