Why did OnePlus not go for a roud-cormered logo? via OnePlus 3T

1. raaakeshsh
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2020

raaakeshsh , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 10, 2020 :
    OnePlus soon going to unveil its redesigned logo, said a renowned tech publishing agency.

I was hyper excited since OnePlus had chosen not to redesign its logo all these years. It has taken them eight iterations of their amazing flagship killers to do so.

But, boy, oh, boy I was so disappointed after the major (not so major) reveal. Well, since, they are fanboys of Google's design language, I was pretty darn sure they'd go fo rounded corners because that was the most obvious thing to do.

Because, you had nothing much to work with - A one and a plus. It was already a minimalistic design - a one and a plus kind of encapsulated in a rectangle. Complete Rebranding would kill the image and so it's acceptable that they work with the existing components - one, plus and a simple rectangle. Well, the one was already a futuristic Tesla type numeral.

So, the most obvious thing, given the current trend, was to go for rounded corners - which symbolises simplicity and fluidity which was already deep in OnePlus' blood. But, what did they do? They dumped the one for another one (no pun intended xD) which was the most basic one I've seen anywhere in the world. A simple 1 reminding me of the 'Alphabets for dummies' types. Utter disappointment!

P.S They could have atleast gone for the rounded corners. Damn

2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2020