Why do you deserve the OP2?

?

Do you think America will live to see another president?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't care

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

bviengthong , Sep 19, 2015 :
    "NOT TO ACT, IS TO ACT"
    -Deitrich Bonhoeffer
    11900126_10153613899911468_1202150674963545596_o.jpg
    I do not know where your from but here in the U.S. things have gone cold. Black lives getting shot down, cops being shot, baby parts being sold to corporations, U.S. giving nuclear rights to a country that chants death to America, genocide is taking place in Syria for those who are Christians and Muslims who are not Muslim enough...The list goes on. The world has gone mad. What are you going to do to stop it? Though it might seem pointless at this time, you have an opportunity to take a stand in history. Will you be remembered as the one one the right side that stands for life, freedom and liberty or the side the represents death? My family and I among 30,000 others who chose life. On August 29th, 2015 we marched the streets near 16th street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama; the same streets Martin Luther King marched during the civil rights era. We marched the streets to say that all lives matter. No longer will we call evil good and good evil.

Why do I share this with you? Because I want you to share yours. Share with us something you have done to help out the community. Share an inspiring story. In return I will share with you my invite for the OP2.

OP2.jpg

Here is the caveat, I will not respond to any personal messages so. One entry per person. Entries closes by Sunday at 12:00 PM Central time. Winners will be chosen by the most likes by community members within this thread! Finally, pleasee no begging.

D4luxe likes this.
  2. teliran
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2015

3. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

4. matt_simpson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2015

5. NikChecots
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2015

NikChecots , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Because I live in a small town in Wisconsin, there isn't much I'm able to provide (on a global scale). But I do like to donate to causes such as the refugee fund (the one that Google is hosting). I also like to play the violin to raise money for the salvation army during the holiday season. Other than that, I guess I'm just trying to become a nicer person, just to better myself so I, as well as the people around me, can become happier. I know it's not much, but it's what I got. Thank you for your efforts in helping the community, as well as on the forums. Thanks.

giveaway1 likes this.
  6. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

Great question. Please don't think this is for my entertainment. I want this to be an opportunity to share hope. Just share your story, one that you deem worthy of inspiration and encouragement.

matt_simpson likes this.
  7. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

Also, I am not choosing the winner. You guys are by choosing the story with most likes!

8. matt_simpson

matt_simpson , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Fair enough, At the moment people with invites to share seem to be expecting people to jump through hoops to be able to buy a phone. I think i understand what you are doing, when the one was out i shared 4 invites and the only thing somebody had to do to get one was want to buy the phone simple, but like i said i understand what you are saying and doing.

9. D4luxe
    Froyo Sep 19, 2015

D4luxe , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Let me be honest.. i have no inspiring story like you to share. Im sitting here at home, watching the news and shaking my head because of all the decisions politicians made the past time..
    All we can do as little individual is to pray for people who arent lucky like us being in a peacful place and hope, that one day all peoples over the world learn to accept each other independently of the nationality, the religion and habits of others.

And instead of just praying for them we can make a first step and start helping people who had to leave their home because of political persecution and all this crazy s**t in the world.

10. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

Definitely, I could just give it out to some one who really just wants one. I never went through the invite system with the OP so I am not sure how often they provide shareable invites. As this is my first to share, I wanted to do something special. To spread good news and let the people decide!

MadoraBanu likes this.
  11. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2015

Well said!!!!

12. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran Sep 19, 2015

Waterdroid , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Been moderating since the 4th of July 2014, my birthday actually. Not going to write something inspiring or long, but in short I'm just looking out for an invite for my friend. Pretty fun way of giving it away, love reading others' stories!

13. Texan21

Texan21 , Sep 19, 2015 :
    All lives matter is a slap in the face to those being shot down because if all lives mattered there would be no discrimination or racism. If all lives mattered we wouldn't be having his discussion of whether or not anyone's life matters. The fact is, it is assumed every life matters until reality slaps you in the face and you are reminded of the fact that only some lives matter.

But by all means......continue.....

14. dinjesk
    KitKat Sep 19, 2015

dinjesk , Sep 19, 2015 :
    because when i receive my OPT my powers are complete and i can change the world

15. matt_simpson

16. D4luxe
    Froyo Sep 19, 2015

D4luxe , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Thanks and sorry for some grammar mistakes.
    It is just what im thinking, i live in germany and see how everyday more and more people come here and looking for help because they had to leave their country.
    In my opinion we (germany/ the EU) are doing a mistake by giving them a new home without solving the real problem. (Dont get me wrong of course if someone need to start a "new live" in another country they have to be welcomed and should get all help they need.

What i mean is: All countries should work together from the beginning and fight the cause of the issue. It shouldnt even come so far that someone i forced to leave his/her home!

17. MadoraBanu
    Froyo Sep 19, 2015

MadoraBanu , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Begging....

18. MadoraBanu
    Froyo Sep 19, 2015

the Madcon song : begging you ooo lala lala begging you ooo

19. r66
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2015

r66 , Sep 19, 2015 :
    i share a little story

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy’s questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn’t ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and opened the door. “Are you asleep son?” he asked.

“No daddy, I’m awake,” replied the boy.
    “I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier,” said the man. “It’s been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here’s that $10.00 you asked for.”
    The little boy sat straight up, beaming. “Oh, thank you daddy!” he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

“Why did you want more money if you already had some?” the father grumbled.
    “Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,” the little boy replied.
    “Daddy, I have $20.00 now… Can I buy an hour of your time?”

MadoraBanu likes this.
  20. MadoraBanu
    Froyo Sep 19, 2015

An athiest was sealed next to a little girl on a plane. And he turned to her and said do u wanna talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow
    passenger
    The little girl who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger 'what would you want to talk about?
    Oh, I don't know. Said the atheist
    How about why there is no God, or why there is no heaven or hell or no life after death? He replied smugly

Ok" she said " those could be interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first, a horse a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff grass - yet a deer excretes little pellets and a cow a Flat patty, but a horse produces clumps, why do you suppose that is?
    The atheist visitor, surprised by the little girl is intelligence. Thinks about it and says "hmmm I have no idea"
    To which the little girl replies "do you really think you are qualified to discuss God Heaven and Hell, or life after death when you don't know shit? Then she went back to reading her book