Why formatting your OP3 is a good idea to fix bugs.

1. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Hi! I'm DEDSEC,

I write this thread on behalf of all the people who hate repeating threads, I would like to share my experience and insight for why a person should format his Phone.

lot of folks around the community complain about bugs, and glitches like Battery Drain issue, applications going rouge, and new features being broken.

Even I myself have experienced some minor features showing up after formating it, for example I didn't get the new ( yet common ) vibration icon that didn't change from round-icon that came with the very first build in the statues bar, nor was the color of my status bar change when some website or apps like Community change to it's respective color. You don't need to format for every bug, or update you come upon, unless it is giving you serious problem. Most bugs can be destroyed by clearing the cache.

Once you have format there just might be luck to fix any issue your facing and redeploy some undeployed features that should have been deployed when the update was installed. For me it fixed the battery drain issues, make my phone a bit defragmented and make my phone look smooth again.

What formating thus, is make the phone rewritten to it's Factory settings and overwrites the OS. This fixes the bugs that you faced before formating.

That's why Formating your phone is good idea to get rid of bugs before creating threads. Please feel free to backup your apps and select "keep my files" to avoid losing data.

Here are the steps to format your phone:

Step 1: If you choose to keep your Apps, use a back up service like ES file explorer to back up all your apps, and to save your custom launcher's layout, go to settings and look for backup-import option ( If it exists).

Step 2: Go to Settings<backup reset< click format and select option to keep your data.

Step 3: After a couple of minutes you will have formated your phone, if you have used the ES file explorer, search for file "backup" to retrieve all your application. For your custom launchers layout go to the path where you have saved the data. And you will phone will feel just like it was, if not better.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017

2. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    oh, I would like to bring this attention to @verma246 delivered as promised.

3. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

4. varma246
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2017

varma246 , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Yes bro what u said is absolutely true.

Now people came to know why formatting help to solve their issues if and only if they searched the forum.

Finally...... It's still an article (just kidding bro).

But u came up with good(article) thread.

5. SimonRam
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2017

6. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    unless you have any bugs.

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2017

G_plusone , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Bugs or not no person should constantly format their device for every other update be it major or minor

SimonRam and bez54 like this.
  8. freddyabbes
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2017

freddyabbes , Apr 8, 2017 :
    You shouldn't react to this if ur not interested.

cmitchellshaw and _DEDSEC_ like this.
  9. freddyabbes
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ likes this.
  10. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    I didn't suggest to format their phone unless they want it fixed, and I don't see any damages caused by formating once in a while

11. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2017

mischa1981 , Apr 8, 2017 :
    good idea. won't Work because i Just have an 1mbit Line. takes forever to download all Apps again.

12. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2017

Not that you suggested formatting. Just saying that the phone's software developer should work on bringing the new features to application or bug fixes to apps without the need for formatting. Restarting and clearing caches once in a while are one thing but formatting completely is a different thing.
    Sometimes a factory reset maybe necessary while changing file formats or app implementation are changed

13. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Apr 8, 2017

Sun90 , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Good Initiative.
    Hope it remains active ( the thread), so people can see / read / understand about formatting.

Also, I see by your post that, you are good at formatting the phone.
    Wish you could also with your post, so that it's better readable for now.

By the way no pun intended.

C:\exit.

_DEDSEC_ likes this.
  14. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    You can back up all the apps and choose the option to keep your data.

15. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Gotcha, one small thread, one giant leap for One plus users.

I will try to make a better"understandable" thread next time. This thread was created in "express" mode.

Sun90 likes this.
  16. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2017

That's the problem with formatting.
    Most people don't want to go through the trouble of backing up data and restoring.
    And Some have probably never restored a backup

freddyabbes likes this.
  18. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    That leaves those folks out of this thread, but the least I could do is to provide a help to fix their phone.

19. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Edited now.

Sun90 likes this.
  20. a.naresh
    Eclair Apr 8, 2017

a.naresh , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Formatting may solve many issues but it cannot be an ideal solution for all especially those non tech savvy ppl

saji89 and _DEDSEC_ like this.