Why I am skipping the Oneplus 6..

1. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

LegoDK , Apr 4, 2018 :
    We are all looking forward to the 6. I am as well.. But I am gonna give Samsung a try this time around, eventhough I hated TouchWiz on my S4 LTE.

- Camera overhype / degeneration:

First off, I want to say that I've (initially) loved every camera on my Oneplus phones.
    But it is obvious that the software updates degenerates the Camera.
    Yes I've wiped, factory reset, cleared cache - everything.
    It doesn't change the fact, that there are remarkable quality differences, between early updates and now, when I browse through my photos.

- Copying design of iPhone / Other brands:

The 5 was borderline ... with the current talk of notch and prototype leaks, it's uncanny.
    It's not that I don't get, that it will probably be a trend, it's more that I don't want people asking "Is that an iPhone?", instead of the reaction I often had, with the One:
    "Wow, what phone is that?"

- Price bump:

Although we don't know if all rumors are true, history shows us, that there will probably be a price bump.
    The price difference between the bigger brands are diminishing.. And thus the value-for-money appeal of OnePlus is as well.

Overall, I loved oneplus as a innovative, bang-for-buck market disruptor.
    I've had all the phones (One, X, 2, 3, 3T and 5) except the 5T.
    But I don't recognize that Oneplus anymore.
    I will probably be back with another model in my hands, at x some point..

But for now, maybe it's time to "vote with my wallet" and give other OEMs a chance to win me over, just as I once did with Oneplus.
    On the plus - side I can try out betas with my 5,without worrying about bugs. [e]1f601[/e]

Are you going for the 6 or are you trying something different?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 4, 2018

3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Swapping to samsung will certainly reduce the likelihood of any software updates...

4. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

5. Imrohit786
    Froyo Apr 4, 2018

LegoDK likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Apr 4, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 4, 2018 :
    I keep seeing people calling them innovative, but I still don't get why. Aside from Dash Charge (which isn't even their tech) what's so innovative about OnePlus? Don't get me wrong, I generally like their devices. I just don't see them as innovative.

7. BlackMirrus
    Eclair Apr 4, 2018

BlackMirrus , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Agree,

I'll also skip the OP6, as I did with the 5T.

The OnePlus 6 seems to be a design copy of the iPhone. And that phone is a thing that I don't like.

I will wait with my OnePlus 5 what the OP7 will bring...

8. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Apr 4, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Apr 4, 2018 :
    look, i'll be the first person to not defend samsung but the S6 generation (which was just recently taken off the active updates list) started out with lollipop and was upgraded all the way till nougat. I have no idea if american carrier versions of that phone will apply to that statement but samsung has come a long way from the S3, S4, S5, note 2, note 3, note 4 era. There phones do get updates but they just take a long a $ $ time before you get them. Their top of the line phones do get monthly updates but it's the same as oneplus. they ain't any better. If you want to bring up updates as a positive, the only 2 vendors that can afford to brag is GOOGLE & Essential. Every other android vendor including oneplus comes up LAME.

9. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 4, 2018 :
    My S7, hadn't progressed beyond 7.0 by the time I sold it, two weeks ago, to my mind that speaks for itself.

VasuJain1970 and Bobbie63 like this.
  10. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2018

felipemendes , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Yes, I'm probably skipping this one too. Got very well impressed by Xiaomi Mi A1, may get A2 or A3 if time is right. Rock solid stability, something I was not seeing from my OP5.

11. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

LegoDK , Apr 4, 2018 :
    I take it, you didn't have a Oneplus one [e]1f60a[/e]

12. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 4, 2018

pablofg1978 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    What about the alert slider? :p

Punk_69, Android450, Bobbie63 and 2 others like this.
  13. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

14. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

LegoDK , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Theres always that one guy [e]1f602[/e]

15. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 4, 2018

Dunnow , Apr 4, 2018 :
    That device has NOTHING to do with what samsung does today, you can even install a AOSP looking theme and basically you just end up with a different toggles and settings app. The rest is the same.

P1522679848171, malidan and LegoDK like this.
  16. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Apr 4, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 4, 2018 :
    You got me there. I use it so sparsely (due to the bad DND implementation) that I don't even remember about it. :sweatsmile:

17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 4, 2018

Dunnow , Apr 4, 2018 :
    actually samsung is updating REAL updates quite fast, some countries even faster than OnePlus releases their versions.

Don't confuse bugfixes with updates.

18. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    These 2 don't look similar to you?
    Exhibit A:
    [​IMG]
    Exhibit B:
    [​IMG]

19. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2018

Themurtuza , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Me too gonna skip a 6. I learned a lesson from oneplus always go for T modal. So probably im gonna give 6T try, as for now i am contented with my OP5 except its camera obviously, but for Camera part my iPhone 6 is still rock solid support.
    Its a shame & intriguing why oneplus not concentrating on its camera software.

20. the98kid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2018

the98kid , Apr 4, 2018 :
    a alert slider? really??? you count that as an innovation???