Why I am skipping the Oneplus 6..

1. calyman75
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2018

calyman75 , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I came from the Galaxy S8+ because it was just too fragile. The OnePlus had convinced me to try it out but the software is not even near what I need in a phone. Camera has gone from worst to unbearable. Hate to leave but I need a phone makeover, this just sucks. I'll maybe go back to a Galaxy S8 again with a strong case.

2. MikhailTheItalian
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

MikhailTheItalian , Apr 12, 2018 :
    You tell em my good man

Damonp87 likes this.
  3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 12, 2018

stephenboyo , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I have a Note 8 with Oreo. Trust me it's brilliant. I haven't had to worry about beta updates or one problem or the other with the software or camera or battery like I did with OnePlus. It's worth trying other phones. Samsung Experience is much better than Touchwiz and you can always use Nova if you don't like Samsung's launcher. Overall Samsung is a far superior phonemaker for obvious reasons. The S9 is cool if you've got the bucks or an HTC11 or LG might do the trick. I'm still surprised people are hanging around OP that long but maybe they enjoy the short shelf life of OP phones and thrill of downloading and flashing so many betas to battle the many OP bugs on their phones. Frankly soeaking, for me, I got bored with all that crap and moved on to a more superior phone.

malidan, iNtEnSePL and prompt.ankitg like this.
  4. SiddharthPatil
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2018

5. SiddharthPatil

SiddharthPatil , Apr 12, 2018 :
    exactly bro

6. SiddharthPatil

SiddharthPatil , Apr 12, 2018 :
    hahaha go ahead s8 is best

7. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

Ed_88 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    You're forgetting Nokia my friend, they're as up to date as the Pixels almost. Nokia 8 was on 8.1 from over a month ago (or earlier).

I don't know why people keep saying the camera is inferior on the 5 and 5T, I have the 5T and my camera on the few occasions I tried a comparison, outperformed or was equal to the Galaxy S8 (same performance under low light in a bar), Mate 10 pro, and the Pixel 2 XL (5T was better than the last two under shop floor lighting, especially details on far away objects and product's text). I find it hard to believe that your Iphone 6 can keep up with that.
    Ofc I always had a theory that OP has shitty quality control and only a few lucky people got a good camera. But since we haven't seen a witch hunt so far, I'd say that's not the case.

8. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2018

malidan , Apr 12, 2018 :
    Do you actually get updates from OP?
    You don't get regular security patches and the ota's are bug fixes for what they broke months earlier or for what they haven't fixed from launch.:p

Oh i forgot I do remember them changing the fonts:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

9. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2018

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  10. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2018

malidan , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I read an article that stated that the issue with Samsung updates was with the carriers blocking the updates because they were too lazy to test them.
    In other words wanting customers to upgrade.

11. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2018

malidan , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I had a OP5 and the Camera is not even upto S6 level.
    My brothers S7E kills it and My Note 8 even more so.
    The OP camera is not at flagship level for output or consistency.

Well said, I learnt that from the OPO, my pastime became the norm and removed the joy of flashing a roms.
    You can only sell so many devices from being fast, you can sell alot more by being stable.
    I'm just wonering when OP will actually realise this.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018

12. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

Ed_88 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    We have different experiences with that then!
    I am very happy with this camera (5T), and you reminded me of the S7, I also compared it against an S7 edge and it was more or less the same.
    Idk what is the problem with your phone, or if I just got lucky with my unit for once. but hearing all those complaints about the camera surely is making me worried about trying my luck with OP in the future.

as for now, I'll enjoy taking amazing photos like these ones with my 5T:

1523566900531.jpg

1523566900660.jpg

View attachment 723586

1523566900805.jpg

ghostofcain likes this.
  13. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2018

malidan , Apr 12, 2018 :
    [
    Well i don't suffer from ownership bias and it is widely accepted the camera is meh.
    Even now the issue I found on the 5 people still complain of now.
    Why do you guys always post pictures when the camera cones into question.

14. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

Ed_88 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    We post pictures cause one could claim the camera is good as much as they want. but a picture is a better proof in my opinion. Also it doesn't hurt to add them :)

I don't think I have ownership bias, I do admit the flaws of my phones. my previous LG G2 had a terrible build quality and screen faults. my current 5T has Bluetooth issues and needs to be fixed. but I don't see the Camera as one of the flaws, and I did testing to support that position.

Add to the list of things I hate about the 5T is the stupid placement of the soft keys when typing and how I always hit the home button instead of the space bar btw!!

15. jrocc79
    Froyo Apr 12, 2018

16. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2018

LegoDK , Apr 13, 2018 :
    At the moment, buying a Oneplus is kind of settling

malidan likes this.
  17. malidan
    Nougat Apr 13, 2018

malidan , Apr 13, 2018 :
    But them pictures ain't great and it's well known the 5/T camera is average
    It's nowhere near the S7E for output or consistency, how could they be the hardware is limited by the fact they dont have OIS. I really think you guys forget this at times, inferior hardware and software yet its better, really?
    Every still will be effected by this unless you use a tripod or you have a arm made of concrete.

My LG G2 never had a screen issue it's still going now, but the OPO's did big time and the OP5.

18. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 13, 2018

19. MikhailTheItalian
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2018

20. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2018

tobias14 , Apr 13, 2018 :
    concerning 5/5T camera , I must agree with @malidan
    I actually like OP phones and as a much as I liked everything else about 5T, the camera was just too disappointing for me to keep the phone
    heck, I shot better pics with OP3 than with 5T

EDIT: hope they do much better with OP6