Why I am skipping the Oneplus 6..

1. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    This article was 5 months before the OnePlus one came out.

2. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

3. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2018

4. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

prompt.ankitg , Apr 4, 2018 :
    I think Samsung does one thing really well, their devices are well optimised for the customised os they give. people call it bloatware but once you have it, you probably don't need anything. in our families we have a note 8 , an s6 and a op5, and trust me, Samsung on average use still fares better, despite having inferior specifications on paper. I guess they genuinely do well on the marriage of hardware and software. yes, updates is a problem with Samsung but their native customisation always makes up for Android. I remember using most of the features of android 8 on Android 7 when I was using note 8

5. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Apr 4, 2018

pa5t1s , Apr 4, 2018 :
    So far "YES, going for the 6"...but, it all depends on PRICE + real specs (for example, RAM/ROM combos)

Punk_69 and LegoDK like this.
  6. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

I also feel that OnePlus should cut down on this hurried launches. one good model a year is better than having two half baked updates. For them to have a loyal customer base like that of apple or Samsung they should also understand that users should not be disappointed with the purchase and a phone upgrade should happen with cycles the same way it happens for the iPhone or Samsung

7. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo Apr 4, 2018

G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf , Apr 4, 2018 :
    But seriously... how much innovation can be implemented on a phone anyway? Even innovation can get saturated with time. I think we've reached the zenith with phone innovation this year. This IS as good as it gets! Even Samsung had nothing new to offer. Most Samsung fans are wondering whether it is worth upgrading from the S8/S8+. Apple is going to release another notched phone (X Plus or whatever they're going to call it) in all probability and most Chinese OEM's have jumped on the notch bandwagon. The other un-notched phones have nothing new either. And then the price point. No phone maker in their right minds would sell us a phone cheaper than it's previous iteration. Then why single out OnePlus?!

Speaking of innovation Vivo which also belongs to the same parent company as OnePlus could release a phone with an embedded finger print scanner under the screen or a pop-up selfie camera.

8. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

9. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Samsung lost my trust over the SGS3, update debacle, I got the SGS7 as an insurance replacement for my broken OP3. The SGS7 reinforced everything I didn't like about the brand, slow updates being merely the tip of the iceberg.

The real shock to me was the penny pinching involved, in the frankly ludicrous SIM tray, suffice to say it snapped inside the phone the second time i removed it.

Anyway enough about Samsung, their phone department will NEVER be seeing another penny off of me.

Please , No.

10. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

I agree, that's what my stance is. I think it's important to limit cycles of launch. if they have to make moneythey have to make other advances

11. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

guess with 8 and 8+ they have really done well in os and specs

12. G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG , Apr 4, 2018 :
    for me 40000 bucks phone will work for atleast 4 years.
    if i really get the chance then i would go for htc u11+ onwards.
    squeeze feature - no phone has it.
    voice zoom during video - no phone has it.
    u sonic headphones - no phone has it.

they always stand out in the market.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018

LegoDK likes this.
  13. G_Rockguy_57_otPu
    Eclair Apr 4, 2018

G_Rockguy_57_otPu , Apr 4, 2018 :
    I hate *** kissers like you. Stop defending a company just to justify your purchase.The oppo on which the one was based on belonged to the parent company of one plus. It was still an original design.

LegoDK likes this.
  14. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Which company am I defending? Which device did I buy? Don't you think you're assuming a bit too much? :rolleyes:
    I do respect what OnePlus has done, I'm only saying they haven't really innovated anything so far.

h_kashyap and Bobbie63 like this.
  15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 4, 2018 :
    I'll have to take your word for it, Touchwiz on the SGS7 was better but still overly burdensome to me.

16. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

agreed

17. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

yes. they have cleaned up a lot .

18. youbi
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 4, 2018

youbi , Apr 4, 2018 :
    So you will be buying the S9 or just the S8, since many say the difference is kind of negligible?

To be honest its like they say, sometimes is good to try the grass on the other side of the fence to see that it may look greener from far but when from close its not how it looked. :p :D

Regarding the look, I have to be honest, its hard to see that on the op6 just because of the notch and when most phones are just getting a all screen front leaving not that much to differentiate them. And since you have have the op5, the truth is that the back probably looks much more an Iphone on pics than the new will ever will. :p

I think Oneplus is not about being the most innovative, its more about offering a great and polished produt that is very well build and that has been ofering a great near stock and fast experience. And that's why you have many users that leave for example Samsung to try the clean oxygen os looks.

Aman Singh gurjar likes this.
  19. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 4, 2018

Topper_Gas , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Even if the OP6 is another $50 more than the OP5T it's still going to be a lot cheaper than an SG9, if you go for an SG8 then the chances of getting more than Android P are limited and that won't even arrive until months after the OP6 gets its P beta.

Aman Singh gurjar likes this.
  20. cas8180
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2018

cas8180 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Just looking at History the "T" models always seemed to be the more polished version of their phones per year. Just hold out and wait for the notch-less 6T.

As a side thought its worth noting that OP has taken note of the negative feedback consumers have voiced with the inclusion of the notch in the OP6. So much so that now OP is promising an update that will basically give you a virtual bezel. LMAO. This literally nullifies the entire rational of adding a notch in the first place instead of just ultra slim bezels. Anyways this should also be another strong indicator that the 6T will most likely not have a notch. AND the op6 would end up just like another (forgotten) OnePlus X model.

abhishek7 and LegoDK like this.