Why I am skipping the Oneplus 6..

1. BiswajitB
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2018

BiswajitB , Apr 5, 2018 :
    I too will skip One plus till they upgraded there phones to Project Treble Support and DRM L1

LegoDK likes this.
  2. G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2018

G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG , Apr 5, 2018 :
    same happened dor me. grass is greener on the other side and that's how i came to OnePlus family.
    if insead of u ultra if htc had launched htc u11+ in 2017. i would have never go for other grass.

3. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2018

Themurtuza , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Exactly that is the reason i would go for T modal, as internally everything will be almost same with little hardware bump & may be aesthetic changes in SAME price just like wht happpnd wth 5 & 5T, so its only logical to go wth T spending same amount of money.

5star02707 and LegoDK like this.
  4. swapnil.s
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

swapnil.s , Apr 5, 2018 :
    But 6 months later there will be new oneplus with all flashy hardware. You see, It's a vicious circle my friend ;)

Deactivated User and LegoDK like this.
  5. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 5, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Both will likely come with the 6.

6. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 5, 2018

But the 5T released over a year after Nougat was out, of course, it would've got it later XP

7. H1519548376884
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

8. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2018

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 5, 2018

Dunnow , Apr 5, 2018 :
    (I was talking about the 3t)
    I don't see why. Precisely for that samsung was deep in r&d for the notes and s7...

Fact is. Android hits for all eom at the same time and op was one of the last ones to update.

Op updates a lot, sure, but they are not fast with new versions of android. They just patch and patch issues, bugs or take away features that steal data that should've never been there...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018

10. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 5, 2018

Topper_Gas , Apr 5, 2018 :
    All phones shipping with Oreo have to come with Project Treble support.

11. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 5, 2018

I know, but not DRM L1, that's why "both".

12. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 5, 2018

Topper_Gas , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Given the farce over sending OP5's back to OP to get them upgraded then I can't imagine they'd dare release another phone w/o DRM L1 support from day 1!

Schwabl likes this.
  13. Omar5T
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2018

Omar5T , Apr 5, 2018 :
    i might go for the next essential phone...if oneplus doesn't be oneplus

14. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 5, 2018 :
    I assure you OnePlus will continue to be OnePlus.

5star02707, tobias14 and Petjitsu like this.
  15. Ryster
    Froyo Apr 5, 2018

Ryster , Apr 5, 2018 :
    What aspect exactly do you see as copying the iPhone? I presume you're referring to the notch, something that didn't start on an iPhone. it was an Android phone that had a notch first.

16. E1521494432074
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2018

17. pkair
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2018

pkair , Apr 5, 2018 :
    I honestly dont remember when last time I used my OP5T camera lol but I am skipping 6 too. I will just stick to my OP5T for a while. Will see what Google will bring this year. All phone prices are going up and OnePlus philosophy does not exist anymore (if you remember it was something like: We truly believe that we can deliver flagship specs at the lower cost) Today they are delivering it at the lower cost then others but still not too low but it is not the point. Does not matter what the price is if nothing changed. Alert slider is the only awesome feature today OP brought to the world since OP2. Overall you can get the same phone with the same specs/design with different name on it for the same price +/-

5star02707 and LegoDK like this.
  18. G_Giuseppe_Nicotra_ADhP
    Donut Apr 5, 2018

G_Giuseppe_Nicotra_ADhP , Apr 5, 2018 :
    I’m actually going for the 6, you see, I wanted to buy the pixel 2 early this year, here in Italy you can have the non plus model, obviously street price, with a fair price. It was the perfect phone to buy, I liked the design, the speed, the camera was the best in the market and more importantly I’m an Android purist (as I’m coming from an iPhone, I don’t like heavy software customization) and I want the newest software ASAP [I don’t use betas as a daily basis obviously] but I’m choosing Oneplus for several reasons:

BATTERY
    As I said I come from an iPhone, the latest ones don’t have particular issues but mine is an SE, I’ve become really conservative with my Battery Life, considered that One Plus’s battery life is really one of the best in the market with normal conditions…

CAMERA
    Although the camera is a bit overrated there are plenty of options built in just to make photos better, the second camera function from lg phones can be easily replaced by Street view from google and nowadays cameras can be upgraded with mods https://androidcommunity.com/camera...-5t-camera-performance-dramatically-20180123/

SOFTWARE
    Now, software is for me the most critical part of my choice. I always want the latest from google and I want it fast, maybe it was not the case with One Plus but now there’s the hope of faster updates thanks to Project treble but if, unfortunately, this is not the case thanks to that I’ll have an early access to faster, lighter and more optimized AOSP roms with the latest updates

Now you can do this with actually any Phone equipped with Project Treble (mind only that if you choose to buy a Galaxy S9 the bootloader is unlockable only in Exynos Models) so choosing a phone is now a matter of price, finding the best Rom and the best camera mod. Why choosing One Plus? Just for the price actually, I get top Hardware specs for an affordable price. If you’re looking for an android stock phone out of the box there are other good alternatives to Google: Nokia is doing really great with his sirocco phone and in Xiaomi they are going to release a second Android One phone (look for Xiaomi mi A1 and A2) not the top specs but a good deal for your money the Oems are releasing more and more stock and simil stock phones you just have to found your favorite design. That’s my piece of advice for you, I hope it helped ^^

kaihp likes this.
  19. safetydoge
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

safetydoge , Apr 5, 2018 :
    perhaps the 6T will hopefully be different, I always go for the "T" models.

20. Jrocci
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2018

Jrocci , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I'm gonna grab the xiaomi mi mix 2s.

Had enough of OnePlus dogshit camera and increasingly schtick marketing.

Maybe I'll come back to the brand. Time will tell.

op2, op3, op5t owner.