Why I am skipping the Oneplus 6..

1. G_Costin_O_oHpX
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2018

G_Costin_O_oHpX , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I will also skip 6 since having 5T since launch and still doing it's part ok. Maybe I'll return at 8 or 9 if they drop the SAR rate somehow...

2. cas8180
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2018

cas8180 , Apr 6, 2018 :
    Well lets explain the thought process. If you go around the web to pretty much and android news site or forum. You will find a general negative consensus of having a notch in the display. If you just go to the forums on this site regarding the notch you will again find a negative sentiment. So much so that oneplus felt they needed to address it by giving users the option to hide the notch via a software update once OP6 is released. So oneplus is understanding that the majority of its customers do not want or like the notch. In general the vast majority of android users do not like this. So its pretty obvious that either the OP6T or OP7 will most likely be notchless. I just watched a video of the OPPO R15 PRO. Which is a safe bet of what the OP6 will be. At this point the OP5T is feeling like the upgrade. I am glad I purchased it when I did.

To my other point of the software bezel aka blackband to hide the notch nullifying the point of the notch. Well yes it does. If you go back and read the post on why they chose to include the notch. Over and over again they talk about maximizing screen real estate. Well including the option to create a virtual bezel aka hide the notch. Well that would then create a black bar going across the top of the device consuming that real estate and reintroducing a bezel. In this case the form of a software bezel instead of a physical bezel. There by defeating the whole point if introducing the bezel in the first place.

At the end of this year consumers will vote with their wallet. And if more phones are sold across the spectrem without notches than having notches. It will become extremely apparent.

3. Omar B
    Donut Apr 6, 2018

LegoDK and angeloalban02 like this.
  4. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I'm not the one saying I'm skipping it based on price, when no price is announced nor specs confirmed.

5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I read an article, a few weeks back I'll try and find a link, that suggested that due to apple scaling back iPhoneX production there would be a glut of notched screens in the supply chain, leading to every budget smartphone of a certain size sporting one this year.

6. munish
    Froyo Apr 6, 2018

munish , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I disagree, we have one S7 at home and it certainly get more updates that my oneplus5

ilovesoneplus and Punit G like this.
  7. gmadmax07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2018

8. gmadmax07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2018

gmadmax07 , Apr 7, 2018 :
    Like you said: "Is Google not available in your country?" Statistics is a part of math, you should know if you know OnePlus well.

9. MikhailTheItalian
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

MikhailTheItalian , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I support you here with this one.

Man they spoke about the camera in one of the pinned threads. Don't you read the pinned posts before making comments about things man... Come on... Just man up and accept the notch. #LearnToLoveTheNotch #NotchesNeedLoveToo

G_Mr_.... likes this.
  10. angeloalban02
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

angeloalban02 , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I'll wait till see what's the new stuff coming on the OP6T (if it shows up on November or more) but I am fine with my OP5T... the problem I have is that there are not frequent updates in my country... I mean, I think I am the only one with a OnePlus flagship phone on my country

11. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I think you misunderstood my comment. Personally I have nothing against the notch. I was only saying to the haters that if this is the best we can expect this year.....Then so be it!

MikhailTheItalian likes this.
  12. Punit G
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

Punit G , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I feel just like you bro, but I will switch to Google Pixel 3, best camera, will get updates quickest and for long time (they will not degrade d camera quality) and clean software.

13. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

LegoDK , Apr 7, 2018 :

Punit G

I feel just like you bro, but I will switch to Google Pixel 3, best camera, will get updates quickest and for long time (they will not degrade d camera quality) and clean software.​

I would've given Huawei a go, my GF has a P10 and it's super battery effecient.. and the camera on the P20 Pro looks like it destroys..

But my phonecompany made me a Good deal on S9 Plus.

I miss Dash Charge and more logical use of menus.. But other than that, I am pretty happy [e]1f60a[/e]

14. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 7, 2018 :
    Mine was still running 7.0 when I got rid of it,about 3 weeks ago.

15. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

kevinplus2 , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I understand that the general consensus of the sites and form are not happy with the choice of a notch. However we can't say if the software work around will fail either because we don't know how it will be implemented, supposed they just leave stuff like time and battery on either sides with a black band it's not really going to take away much. And probably it makes sense to add the feature as a form of damage control. I guess slimming the bezels top and bottom is not something OnePlus and it's parent company has perfected.
    However as you say the people are going to vote with their wallets , which is true, so we would just have to see how things progress regarding the future devices.

16. Nuno perdigão
    Eclair Apr 7, 2018

Nuno perdigão , Apr 7, 2018 :
    there aren't many options so. Samsung is a no go! i'he used s9 and I didn't like it. slower than op5t... a lot! iPhone x has notch, uglly has hell and slower than op5t too. iOS is also messed up. Samsung UI!, well I don't want to talk about that! Best chance i guess is on Google and wait for pixel 3 xl with no notch I hope. I don't mind to have a bezzel, I need it because I have to put my finger's somewhere!? it's nonsense to have full screen body ratio. Our hands will cover parts of the screen when we hold it. Only matters for aesthetic that kind of device, and here we are, stucked with a notch!

ghostofcain likes this.
  17. ScareYa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2018

ScareYa , Apr 8, 2018 :
    I would accept the notch if there weren‘t a chin. But as long as they can‘t get rid of that useless lower bezel why introduce a notch to partially remove the top one? I just don‘t get it. Either you DO copy the iPhone X or you don‘t. But IF you copy it then at least do it right!

18. G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf
    Froyo Apr 8, 2018

G_shaji_wahabuddin_zWaf , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Doing what Apple did would be a very expensive proposition. And hence the costs. Selling a good phone for cheap has been one of Oneplus' USPs.

I happened to see one of the latest leaks of the entire screen of the OP 6 and I have to say that chin is really small

19. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Google is indeed available but in the absence of officially confirmed specs / price I choose to wait before passing judgement.

20. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

prompt.ankitg , Apr 8, 2018 :
    notch is not an issue according to me, the question is the herd mentality, if they have to be a high end vivo or oppo, it doesn't have to run like one plus. while they are from the same family, I think their edge is distinctiveness in product offerings