Why I chose to boycott the OP 6T and why you should too.

1. Ali Muhammadx
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

Ali Muhammadx , Nov 4, 2018 :
    my brother Oneplus just simply removed 3.5mm jack from 6T if you want to see video here it is

go & watch vivo v11 & v11 pro same size same thing with headphone jack wireless is future but you availability does matter Oneplus made wireless bullets & they out off stock all times what a joke if you buy Level from Samsung you not get everything work on non samsung devices & wireless headphones lack at some places imagine if your wireless headphones battery got empty & you have no charge what you do

if you have got a call or you need to talk wireless headphones dead & phone battery is low what you do charge your phone or use a usb C to answer a call.i play pubg i play & charge my phone at same time if no headphone jack then how i charge & play pubg at same time

aires69uk likes this.
  2. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

rservello , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Agreed. This will be my first OnePlus device but I've been keeping up with them since the beginning and they have always towed the line between premium builds and useful features instead of just throwing everything in and hoping something is useful.

KidAKidB likes this.
  3. DidierSer
    Froyo Nov 4, 2018

DidierSer , Nov 4, 2018 :

H1541354358748

The person opting to "boycott" should understand that One Plus did everything possible to keep headphone jack and had to make a decision. With the larger battery among others, there just wasn't enough room inside the phone. Find video on YT. I was a huge fan of headphone jack and this is my first One Plus (6T). I have Note 9 and never use the headphone jack because I tried wireless and will never go back to wired headphones. The freedom is priceless!!!​

When you have a jack you have options

When you lose it you have no option .

Why do we need a bigger battery? The phone already carries us through over a day without charging....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018

aires69uk likes this.
  4. yes_senpai
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

yes_senpai , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I love my headphones jack. It's a large reason why I chose the 6 over the 6T a few days ago. And no, it's not legacy hardware. That's just foolish to say. Maybe for the casual listener using pod headphones and such. But wired is still supperior, especially with a solid DAC.

With that said, I don't resent OnePlus for removing it. It's a trend that will force the market and research/development a certain way. (same with the notch). Next phone I get I'm sure will not have a headphone jack. But hopefully by then there are some good wireless headphones, good wired DACs, and things are a bit cheaper.

eye842 likes this.
  5. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    and this was discovered through market research

6. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    oh, wow. an Indian making claims to push his point of view to the gullible and it is working

7. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    you charge your phone for 15 mins while you take a dump and you have juice for 8 hrs

8. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    all whiners here complain they have to charge more often. lol pretend to be experts

9. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Nov 4, 2018

Shuller , Nov 4, 2018 :
    same to your statements... only words without anything, so pointless defending of oneplus...
    What I am saying is based on what people was always saying they need in pools or in here in forums...

So go go defend them... who cares))

10. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 4, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    You need more fibre in your diet.

AMC4x4 and Budruel like this.
  11. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    maybe, but surely I don't need a headphone jack and no one can convince me otherwise.

12. civ4
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

civ4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    you win! - said no one ever

13. IMaLILtPOT
    Donut Nov 4, 2018

IMaLILtPOT , Nov 4, 2018 :
    My point exactly!

14. TM2-Megatron
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

TM2-Megatron , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I'm always shocked at how many people actually use their phones as a music player. The headphone jack's never been a deal breaker for me, personally, since I prefer to use a dedicated MP4 player (one of Sony's high resolution Walkmans) for music as the audio quality is higher, and it helps save my phone's battery. I'm clearly the odd duck out in this, though. I also still buy CDs and rip my own digital versions, rather than paying almost as much for lossy quality.

15. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

rservello , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I have Bluetooth headphones and one pair of analogue left that I just leave the adapter on. All of my computer's have USB c. So no point in taking it off.

16. Greyarc
    Donut Nov 5, 2018

Greyarc , Nov 5, 2018 :
    so they're not the company you love anymore because THEY don't do what YOU want? do you understand that to stay profitable and keep growing they actually can't listen to the wants of every single user. Especially in order to keep their phones prices so low. That one reason alone keeps them from getting an actual IP rating.

civ4 likes this.
  17. AMC4x4
    Donut Nov 5, 2018

AMC4x4 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    If you're the odd duck, why are you shocked how many people use their phones as a music player? :)

I used to be *really* concerned about making sure I went around with lossless music and such, but I'm getting old and my hearing is not as good. I'm usually on the go with my music, and as long as it sounds *really good* to me, that's all I need these days. With the types of earbuds I see people using too (ah, just picked these up at the 7-Eleven), it seems like they're not even concerned with *really good* sounding. Just *ok* seems to be OK with most of them.

For me, the audio quality that comes streaming on the highest settings from Google Play Music is perfect to me. YouTube Music isn't there yet. I can still hear the lower bandwidth used by that service.

18. TM2-Megatron
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

TM2-Megatron , Nov 5, 2018 :
    It's not so much that I want to carry around lossless... most of my portable archive is 320kbps. Although at home, on far better equipment and speakers, the difference between lossy and lossless can be a lot more noticeable. That's the main reason I still buy CDs; my home music library is entirely FLAC.

The main reason I prefer a dedicated music player to my phone is primarily preserving the battery of my phone (the particular Sony Walkman model I've got lasts upwards of 50 continuous hours), and the design of the device is a little more streamlined for music specifically, so it's faster to operate. It's also a tiny little thing.

19. Kaushikrkamath
    Eclair Nov 5, 2018

Kaushikrkamath , Nov 5, 2018 :
    op6t costs around 530 dollars in India so we can expect water proofing at this price....poco f1 is around 300 dollars with same processor..atleast they must sell aftermarket waterproofing case..

20. HarshitNanda
    Froyo Nov 5, 2018

HarshitNanda , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I dont't think wireless charging is very necessary at the end we need to put down the phone at one place[e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]. Dash charging is awesome.

Other than that IP rating and all many things are a necessary feature that needs to be added in forthcoming editions.

JohnS likes this.