Why I decided to buy the OnePlus 3.

1. Andrea224
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2016

Andrea224 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Hi to everybody, this is my first thread and today I want to talk about my PERSONAL motivations about buying a OnePlus 3 instead of other OEM's flagship phone.
    At the moment, I don't have the phone in my hands, but very soon I will buy it and, when the phone will arrive here, I will do a mini "review". (I will say my PERSONAL experience)
    So, let's start:

1- The Screen: for a whole year and more (today it still is my main phone),I had a S5 Mini, with a 4,5 inch, HD, Super AMOLED display. So, with this OP3 the screen will grow up to one inch. In fact, the firsts days, I will have to habituate my hands. However, I have listened someone complaining about the resolution of the OP3 (FHD instead of 2k), and you know what? I don't care really much if it is "only" FHD, because in the real world it doesn't change so much your life. Also, I don't use the VR (I don't have it) and I prefer an higher battery life. However, FOR ME, switch from HD to FHD is a step forward.

2- The Power/Performance: I have a mid-range phone, so I can't expect a fast and smooth experience, but with a Snapdragon 820 and 6GB I will have it and finally I will play huge and heavy games (aslo Dolphin Emulator) without problems.

3- The OS: Samsung's Touchwiz is heavy and not customizable (like most of the other OEM's stock rom) and if you want to simply root or install a recovery on your phone, your warranty will be void. Also, not every flagship phone will be supported by modders or at least not so much. I like near stock Android roms and I like them much if they have some customization. Also, if one day I will want to install other roms, I will can do it without any problems.

4- The Camera: I rarely shoot photos, but when I do them, I don't pretend the max but a good quality. In fact, I don't pretend to have the most beautiful camera, but at least a good camera that is equilibrated. About the bump of the camera, I don't care so much because I will buy a Sandstone cover.

5-The Battery: not every day I use intensively my phone: in fact, when I'm at school, I leave my phone into my pocket with the LTE enabled (only sometimes I turn off it), and when I leave the school, during the short travel from school to my house, I listen to music. Instead, when I'm at home, I connect my phone to the WiFi and I start to watch some videos on Youtube directly from my phone. So, in some days I use more intensively my phone (LTE enabled for the entire day or watching too much videos on Youtube or playing for hours with my phone.) and on others not. After all, I'm only a little bit disappointed about the battery's capacity (3000 mAh instead of 3100 or 3300), but comparing it to the S7, they have the same battery capacity. But HERE I'm VERY disappointing: OP3: 5,5" FHD (everybody complaining and starting hate the battery) and S7: 5,1" 2K (nobody cares). I think that the situation is equilibrated : big screen and "low" resolution/"small" screen and high resolution. However, I will test the battery and report here my opinions.

6- Other Features: The Dash Charging is usefull for me and I like it. I'm not sure if I will use the Alert Slider, but I will test it. The NFC will be usefull for me if in the future Android Pay will come here in Italy (also when I will be 18 years old). Not have the IP68 or IP67 certification isn't a BIG deal breaker for me. I will have only to give more attention to my phone (with the S5 Mini I didn't cared about water). The missing of the SD card slot is for me 50/50 deal breaker, because I use my 8GB SD for photos, videos, musics, random stuffs and backups. But now, having not a SD slot, I will have to make a backup directly to my PC. However, with 64GB of Internal Storage, I can do everything.

For now, these are my motivations. When the phone will arrive in my hands, I will thest it and report here my impressions.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT#1: Ordered successfully! Now, "It's about time"!
    OP3S.PNG

EDIT#2: My OnePlus 3 will arrive on 30 of June. When I will have it, I will do some test and reports here my impressions.

EDIT#3: Today is arrived OP3's cover. (Orzly Flexycase transparent) IMG-20160628-WA0003.jpg

EDIT#4: TODAY IS THE DAY! My Oneplus arrived today at 5:03 PM (17:03) and it's fantastic. Now I'm doing the last setup and benchmarks, but I can't put my SIM because I need a nano one. Tomorrow I'll go to buy it and I'll start my experience with this phone. I can only say that the screen is really good (even if it isn't a QHD screen), in my hand it's comfortable and it's fast. I will edit this post with my impressions. Bye. 20160630_171900.jpg IMG.PNG IMG-20160630-WA0007.jpg.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

2. Takashi Sakamoto
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2016

Deepak.Si likes this.
  3. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jun 17, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Not even 18 years old and you have OP3 at this age in India we don't even get the T.V remote in our hand to watch our fav channels :p Lucky You ;)
    No it won't.

vasgou, Mr. BG, josefn24 and 7 others like this.
  4. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Jun 17, 2016

Deepak.Si , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Best of luck in buying it [​IMG]
    Can't say for the near future but as of now they're denying for any availability of the 128GB...

5. droid.

droid. , Jun 17, 2016 :
    ^

6. Andrea224

You know, we live in different countries. Here in Italy, for example, a 12 year old can have an iPhone 6s without problems.

aaron.hossain75 likes this.
  7. Andrea224

I don't think.

8. Andrea224

Deepak.Si likes this.
  9. TrueBrush

TrueBrush , Jun 17, 2016 :
    I am indian and let me tell you, being indian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for one am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you whatever it is that you need. as long as you are not a selfish *****. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off and we deserve One Plus 3 just like any other people.

10. robdevil
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

robdevil , Jun 17, 2016 :
    [Edited by moderator] if youve got loads of money why wont you buy samsung s7 duos? Its much better than op3. I bough op3 only because its relatively cheapper than s7.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016

11. rgvd1987
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

rgvd1987 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Only motivation i see is... Their
    Spec to price ratio is very good . Almost all the smartphone makers use high specs in their flagship device.

12. Andrea224

My personal impression will come after I tested the OP3.

13. dedi820
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

dedi820 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Completely agree with you and this is why I bought the phone, too. Seems like people are expecting a perfect phone but they tend to forget that they pay about half the price of S7. Of course S7 is better, I hope so, but not sufficiently better for me to add 300$ to the check. OP is an amazing phone in terms of specs; its "bottleneck" are still decent to me (FHD, camera, battery; too bad for SD card, I really would have wished that one) and even software doesn't seem as bad as it's described (maybe they're a bit slow to update, but the phone works good overall even if it has a few bugs. Every phone has its problems. Maybe there's less with S7 but again, you pay 300$ more. Same goes for support.). And no problem with root/unlock/... (warranty and good expert community)

I'm really looking forward to get my hands on my OP3, hopefully next week. BTW, this will be my first smartphone (coming from Blackberry 10, which is an amazing (the best) phone but doesn't compare in terms of smartphone experience), and my first time with day to day Android use, even though I'm used to work with it (I developped some apps for school back in the days and still do some tweak around with my tablet).

14. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jun 17, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Chill buddy take it easy.

15. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2016

cezarvrabie , Jun 17, 2016 :
    In Europe you even see 10 yo with the latest iPhones and Galaxy devices. The same goes for the USA.

16. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 17, 2016

jizang , Jun 17, 2016 :
    :D:D

17. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2016

18. uaesheikh
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2016

19. RossThompson96
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2016

RossThompson96 , Jun 17, 2016 :
    Possibly, dont rule it out