Why I feel cheated by OnePlus (Oppo and Plath)

?

Do you have a problem if OnePlus lied to you ?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2015.
  1. yes

43.6%
  2. no (no problem )

56.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuanL
    KitKat Jan 8, 2015

JuanL , Jan 8, 2015 :
    You said that you wouldnt mind if they told you... And its actually pretty known. Maybe not now. But back when we were lesd than 100k it was well knoen, discussed, and well... Its like it is!
    So they told us, they just dont repeat it, obviously... If they did, their amazing marketing strategy wouldnt work as well as it is doing.

2. DRCH
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2015

DRCH , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Had to edit it a little bit

ramsabi likes this.
  3. dwong
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2015

dwong , Jan 8, 2015 :
    i dont understand why it needs to be blow out of proportion? wether it's oppo or not, it's still the same phone that you are buying. are you saying that if the company is have no affliction to oppo, then the phone will have 8gb of ram? or running on snapdragon 900?

4. ramsabi
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2015

ramsabi , Jan 8, 2015 :
    The poll question is completely biased and leading. The question should have been "Does it bother you if OPO is 100% owned by OPPO".

In fact if I had asked your question "Do you have a problem if Oneplus lied to you" I would expect a near 100% "yes" vote. Of course I have a problem with anybody lying to me !!

5. blaah
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

blaah , Jan 8, 2015 :
    I don't get it. What's wrong with oppo? I don't know that much about the company so....

6. oscargonzalves
    Donut Jan 8, 2015

oscargonzalves , Jan 8, 2015 :
    You must agree that someone had there a very good idea to sell a new product. Fact is: they promised good hardware for a reasonable price, and that´s what you have. I´m certain that most of the people who bought it are satisfied with it.

7. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2015

SoulTribunal , Jan 8, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

I inherently expect all companies to lie to some degree so it doesn't bother me to much in this case

8. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

Bradon H , Jan 8, 2015 :
    I understand your concern, but we haven't lied or been dishonest in regards to this issue.

@Carl has been very clear on our relationship with Oppo from the beginning. You can see his statements on this issue in several media interviews. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oneplus-one-interview-carl-pei-oppo-hong-kong,26301.html

http://blog.gsmarena.com/oneplus-making-profit-one-tidbits-interview-carl-pei/

@Carl and @Pete did indeed work at Oppo prior to founding OnePlus, and we are on very good terms with Oppo. Additionally, Oppo and OnePlus share some common initial investors. Finally, we contract Oppo for manufacturing, as this proved to be the best choice in the beginning to keep our team small and lean.

But, we are in no way owned by Oppo, and we operate completely separately. We are indeed a startup with a very small marketing budget, and we operate as such.