2. chibudo
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

3. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 21, 2014

Wrighty and Walkin_mn like this.
  4. craigelliott87
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

craigelliott87 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    The build date on the phone was mid July. Can't remember exact date but it was only a couple days before my order was placed and it was placed on 18th July

DoomCaek likes this.
  5. Walkin_mn
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2014

6. yaltis
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2014

7. CarDusan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2014

CarDusan , Aug 21, 2014 :
    hey man...
    Just wanted to add my 2 pennies... I disagree that yellow band is less and less widespread... I believe it is still going on because I just got my phone on August 13th and it has the yellow band that is not going anywhere... As the matter of the fact, more I use the phone I notice more it is visible and there... it is not spreading, but it has something to do with screen temperature (F or C temperature, not screen tempeature)... it looks like if it's sitting unused, once I start using it, I see the least amount of it - maybe about 10-15% in the bottom of the screen... hour or two into using I can easily see about full 30% bottom screen in yellow hue.

Everything else pretty much works good, though I did notice once I think that ground issue was there / blanket and spark after using the phone which was not in my hand at the time spark happened... but that could have been the blanket. Will have to test it more... have a ticket opened with the customer support - waiting for them to respond

DoomCaek likes this.
  8. kwwuu
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2014

kwwuu , Aug 21, 2014 :
    well,sorry to here this, there will always be one with defects, they are a new company and struggle to make productions for the demand, so dont hate on them, yes frustratd we all are but, the company is good.

DoomCaek likes this.
  9. marcmann982
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

marcmann982 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Yea that sucks you got a shitty phone Mann . but too all of you that were like "you could have sold the shitty phone to my I would have appreciated it more" your idiots do really know how bad a phone with grounding issues and ghost touches is like ? I bought a nexus 7 with same issues and I swear every 5 mins I wanted to break the thing in half so I sent it back. And to hear the one plus support is near non existent ... That's kinda scary to hear. BC how many more of us could have the same issues with a phone and not even be able to return it. Yea the one plus may be a "flagship killer" and have great specs but if it can't function right then its not worth it. Like someone said earlier in the post Yea you might be getting a decent phone cheaper than the rest but if has those kind of issues its not a decent phone and not even worth 50¢ . and that's the devs job to keep up that standard and pick up their customer service BC that's a business loser and def makes other phone more appetizing. Just saying

craigelliott87 and djm25djm25 like this.
  10. froilanfsanjose
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

froilanfsanjose , Aug 21, 2014 :
    I am on the same shoe as you, apart from weak signal, my OPO is perfectly fine. I just hope oneplus will be quick enough the address other users issue. :)

PLPeeters likes this.
  11. PLPeeters
    KitKat Aug 21, 2014

PLPeeters , Aug 21, 2014 :
    I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm saying a smaller percentage of new phones seem to have the issue :)

Always keep in mind that users with problems will always come forward with them, while users without any problems often just don't say anything. This makes many issues seems widespread when they are actually affecting a small part of the customers.

What is it exactly about that spark though? I didn't quite understand that part.

CarDusan likes this.
  12. CarDusan

CarDusan , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Spark thing happened after I was using my phone... While on my sofa, I was using phone, and put it on the coffee table. As i proceeded to grab a blanket I got zapped and saw a small spark due to electricity I had in me... I never have this problem being zapped, and humidity level inside the house was about 55% (windows opened after it was raining). I suspected the phone but it could be the blanket just causing it - dunno ...

13. PLPeeters
    KitKat Aug 21, 2014

PLPeeters , Aug 21, 2014 :
    I doubt that's related to the phone :p

14. djm25djm25
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014

craigelliott87 likes this.
  15. fgrhuhrg

fgrhuhrg , Aug 21, 2014 :
    i have the yellow banding issue. bought phone last week but the build date is july 2

16. qools
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

qools , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Most of it are SW issues. I installed CM11 on mine, and now have a flawless phone.
    Adding a screen protector is a must since the phone has no lip to hold onto if placed screen facing down.
    Loud speakers are mostly horrible for phones and Laptops. Companies choose the cheap option there. Used to be different 10 years ago.

17. Jima330
    Froyo Aug 21, 2014

Jima330 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Soooooooooo .... when you sold it, did you tell the buyer all this? Just wondering.

18. mansoor_

19. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014

20. roanjohnnyc
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014