2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't have one (yet)!

29.7%
  1. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

PlusJack , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I've had my OPO for a little over 24 hours now, and I've done a fair amount of tinkering. (Yes, I'm that guy.) If you're well versed in the OPO's features, this thread may not be interesting, but here's just some underrated things I found exceptional for the OnePlus One as opposed to other phones.

1. Easy rooting
    • The OnePlus One can be rooted very easily with ADB, I recommend using this guide. While this may be true in other phones as well, OnePlus actually doesn't mind you doing it! They don't put any roadblocks in your way like Samsung, and it doesn't void your warranty! I can't see any reason not to, don't be scared to tinker around.
    2. The lock screen
    • CyanogenMod 11S has an amazing lock screen. It has the features of other lockscreens in a beautiful interface. The battery percentage and weather icons change colors depending on your background, and if music is playing an equalizer effect plays behind them.
    8i6xhae.png
    3. Gestures
    • There are gestures that can be done on the screen while it's off. These gestures vary from a "O" to open the camera, to music controls and a flashlight. Before getting the One, I wasn't sure whether I would keep this feature on due to many reviews saying it gets activated in your pocket pretty frequently. However, it looks like this is fixed in recent versions by checking if it's inside your pocket before gestures are registered. There's also a great LG G3-esque double-tap to wake feature which I found very helpful.
    4. The screen
    • Don't be scared by those saying that the screen is sub-par or those yellowing horror stories. The screen on this thing is huge, vibrant, and amazing. I didn't realize it fully until I got it. This phone is huge, yes, but once you get used to it any other phone will seem like a baby.
    5. Speed & Stability
    • I can't say too much for stability as I've just got it yesterday, but it hasn't crashed on me a single time in all my tinkering. Edit: Trying to take a picture using the raw mode crashes the camera and I need to reboot to fix. Cyanogen has done an amazing job at making 11S as stable as it can be. This thing is blazing fast. I haven't had it hang once. It loads up recent apps like a breeze. Everything you do is done seamlessly without delay.

6. Theme Engine
    • I know, theme engine, theme engine, theme engine. Every review talks about this. It just can't be overstated how nice it is to be able to mix and match styles, icons, wallpapers, sounds, and more from other themes. I, personally, use the Moonshine icon pack along with the Hexo style. Everything else is stock.
    SAB6kFI.jpg VK22dPl.png
    7. Settings
    • The best thing about this phone is the customization. Don't like something? Change it. Don't like the lock screen, gestures, vibration intensity, hardware buttons, or even lock animation? You can change all of those and more. Your OPO really can be yours. No OPO is exactly the same.
    So anyway, that's my review. I'll update this thread if I think of anything else, these are just the things that immediately came to mind. Overall, I give this phone a 9/10. The only things I don't like is there is no wireless charging and the vibration intensity is fairly weak compared to my last phone, even set at 100%. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Other Noteworthy Mentions
    Quickboot Mode
    • Under developer settings (Which can be accessed by going to "About phone" and tapping the build number five times) there is an option for a "Quickboot mode" What this does is instead of turning the phone off all the way when you power it down, it instead puts the phone in a sort of hibernation state. This means it can boot up in less than two seconds!
    Camera
    • With a 13 megapixel back-facing camera and a 5 megapixel front-facing camera, you won't have any issues getting great shots out of this. I'm no professional photographer by any means, I just occasionally like to take photos. And this thing does a great job. I recommend this page for a full camera review along with a series of amazing photos taken with the One. It is very grainy in low light, however. But with the right lighting, it can be amazing.
    Battery
    • Can't really say much about the battery as I've only had this phone for one day as of writing this review, but from what I've seen it lasts a long time, and I'm sure even longer with improvements in Android 5.0. 3,100 mAh sure is a large improvement from the 2,100 mAh from my Nexus 4.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

2. matthewts0205
    Froyo Nov 21, 2014

3. svdzandt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

hasienda and ZakariyyaaR like this.
  4. ddessoliers
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2014

5. Mt163

Mt163 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Awesome!

6. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

7. Driver156
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

8. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Loving this phone, if anyone who is waiting for theirs to arrive or waiting for an invite has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer.

9. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

10. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

lol what? I'm loving the sandstone black texture.

11. radster72

12. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

mwebsterpgh , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Just wait until it wears off to the plastic surface. Your admiration will fade with time.

13. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Even still, I can't see that as a reason to dislike the phone as a whole.

ElectricPickle and forumfly87 like this.
  14. ZakariyyaaR
    Eclair Nov 21, 2014

ZakariyyaaR , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Coming exactly from the same background as you, cannot agree with you more. Amazing beauty. Freaking perfect build. Only change I'd make is to give it that curved bezel so your finger runs off but then I thought there must be some thought put behind it being such a big phone. The first bug I found after receiving my OPO today is the switching to slow motion and for some reason it stopped the camera app. Opened recents, clicked camera app and came up with a dialogue saying can't connect to the camera. Had to hard reset :/ since reboot woukd just show the loading animation for more than 5 minutes. Once again, amazing phone, glad you mentioned the points. Can't agree with you more. Oh and the slow shutter mode in low light conditions improve it hell of a lot.

15. Daddeltyven
    Eclair Nov 21, 2014

16. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Thanks for the tip, but this doesn't help me that much when I'm sitting in my dark room trying to use Snapchat haha

17. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

mwebsterpgh , Nov 21, 2014 :
    The phone is nice but the back in my opinion looks like crap. We need more back options. Thanks!

18. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

I agree with you in needing more back options lol

19. B4kken
    Lollipop Nov 21, 2014

20. PlusJack
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Thanks! And I totally agree with your signature, I never thought I'd give capacitive buttons a chance.