Not open for further replies.
  1. P84
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

2. sahaven7
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

3. ndipaolo5
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

ndipaolo5 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    With all due respect, why do you find this silly exactly?

Edit: OOOOOHHHHH, I just saw that what you put in post #57 was a link. Got it!

Nevermind o_O

4. rephaelhermon
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

rephaelhermon , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The complainers have failed to take into account all that OnePlus has put into this amazing phone and at such an amazing price.

Really, if you don't like it,, leave and buy something else. You'll be back later ;)

5. ndipaolo5
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

I truly feel that people were just itching for a reason to give the OnePlus team some grief. You're 100% right. It's a big phone, but this combination of hardware and software features at this price is truly a great accomplishment. Not for everyone, but for those that it is for, they're going to be extremely happy!

rephaelhermon likes this.
  6. P84
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

P84 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Sorry for being rude. It's just annoying to see so much pointless justification about this topic.

7. ndipaolo5
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

No worries my friend I wasn't offended a little bit, I just recognized that I didn't click the link!

I am still stoked about the prospect of getting this phone. It's a bit larger than I would prefer, but I think my concerns about that will last about 10 seconds after I open the box sometime within the next couple of months!

sudo-O//e likes this.
  8. OZKny
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

OZKny , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I think it probably would have been good if they had informed the community about any updates or changes to the design of the phone. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed with the size, but its a concession I'm willing to make. And I could even go as far as to say that I totally understand if they couldn't quite the the size down. After all this is a startup with what are probably limited resources.

9. rephaelhermon
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

rephaelhermon , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Exactly. When I personally first got into smartphones, I didn't like touch screens, now I love them. I also used to like small screens like my first iPhone 3gs, now I like larger screens.
    People thrive on barking at something all the time

10. sahaven7
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

sahaven7 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I don't think people complained that it's not a good phone at a fantastic price. It may be heartbreaking for some who don't really like very tall phones, and were hoping based on the company's claims that it would be comparatively smaller for a 5.5" screen. Just an inconvenience for the time lost on looking forward to a phone they would have otherwise bought!

There are many folks with different tastes, I believe it's okay to complain if they felt misled. But as such, they should then move on.. :oops:

11. P84
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

P84 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I also like alot this phone. I like the design, the specs are top-notch, and the price it's too sweet. For me this is undeniable.
    I simply hate the size.

12. ndipaolo5
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

My wife has a note 2 and absolutely loves it. My nearly 50 year old eyes will be thanking me every time I look at that 5.5" screen on the OnePlus One. Thank god I don't wear skinny jeans... maybe I have a shot at getting it into my pocket, HAHAHAHA.

But everyone I know that has a phablet loves it.

13. P84
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

P84 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I'm happy for you, my friend. I am sure you gonna love OPO!

14. oneryf
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

oneryf , Apr 24, 2014 :
    They surely figured out that they could not do it.
    So instead o bragging out all the big advantages of their killer phone, they could have also posted that the phone would not be so small as anyone, even them, have hoped to.
    Thus everyone was aware of the potential size of the phone and in the end : no or less disappointment for dreamers (like me) of a "one-size-fits-all" killer one+ phone :D

And for the record, if LG has managed to cram a 5“2 screen in a 138.5 mm long body, it is perfectly possible to put a 5"5 screen in a 145 mm one, unless you need more space to let the hardware "breathe" under heavy workload thus the 152.3 body we've got.
    But these are facts you can explain to your followers instead of saying 5"5 in 5" body and in the end 5"5 in 5"5 or 5"7 body :'(

15. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Claudia , Apr 24, 2014 :
    No amount of moaning about is going to change anything you either want the phone or you don't. And there seems to be plenty of people who do. I personally don't want the phone at the moment yes its a little bit big and maybe the best industrial design ever clearly has not come true. But I am OK with that it really is time to move on. What are you expecting that Pete & co are going to come out and say sorry its to big this phone is in production and loads of people want it. A little perspective needs to be reached here its just a electronic device and there a company like any other they want to make money.

ndipaolo5 likes this.
  16. A Martins
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

A Martins , Apr 24, 2014 :
    You can clearly see the phone under the Z1. The difference in width isn't that really big...

17. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014

Radeon962 likes this.
  18. oneryf
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

oneryf , Apr 24, 2014 :
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
    Maybe Pete is already busy sending you a One+ for this great day :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

Deactivated User likes this.
  19. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014