Why I think OnePlus didn't lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014

2. thextomex
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

thextomex , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Happy Birthday to you! I wish you early invite for 1+1 :)

Whiplash and Tabbal like this.
  3. Neil McCluney
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Neil McCluney , Apr 24, 2014 :
    It does fit in the 5" dell streak 5

4. JuliusCes
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

JuliusCes , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The matter of the fact is that they still managed a great feat by packing a 5.5" screen into that body. Now people stop whining and move on. Either buy it or dont . Its not the end of the world, nobody will give you this phone for free because you felt cheated and betrayed.
    If you guys want to know how this phone feels try the OPPO find 7. The only feat that distinguishes this phone from others is the price. There are no other wow features on this phone. Get over it and move on. The hype factor really worked on some people. I guess we'll start calling them the iOPO

5. _sC
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

_sC , Apr 24, 2014 :
    to the thread OP, you are freaking oblivious.

TECHNICALLY they didn't lie. but you could easily sum it up to be that.
    it was trickery, it was deceiving, and every other word you can think about.
    even as you mentioned, the angle of the photo, it all adds up to the same thing. dishonesty

Maier Leo likes this.
  6. wavesy
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

7. jimberkas
    KitKat Apr 24, 2014

jimberkas , Apr 24, 2014 :
    honestly, how many times has this been proven already. Pete stated it verboten and its been posted repeatedly. Its a verified lie.
    nobody is referring to the damn photo, they are refering to Pete's direct statement.
    Maybe they had a design change, but they should have corrected this statement if that is the case.
    to all the folks who says "Who cares if they lied" - WTF?? Everyone should care. I'm not saying it should make you not buy the phone. But we should all care if marketing is free lie outright to us.
    Its a great phone at a crazy price. Buy it if you want, don't buy it if you don't.
    But lets stop the "debate" about the lie. The facts are incontrovertible.

8. JuliusCes
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

JuliusCes , Apr 24, 2014 :
    What is your problem? Stop whining? Companies do it all the time. They give you this false impression that you will be on top of the world if you buy their product. Nothing has changed, its still a damn good point and their unique selling point is their price. If you want to go ahead and buy a branded phone for triple the money and for the same specs and size and with a lower screen be my guest and go ahead and do it. If you want a your money's worth, your bang for the buck since you are a value conscious person then this phone is the perfect choice. Top specs at the lowest price point. When they say never settle, it means never settle for an over priced phone. It doesn't mean never for a 5.5" screen in a 5.7" screen body. Seriously, wake up guys!

9. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

10. SferaDev
    Paranoid Android Apr 24, 2014

SferaDev , Apr 24, 2014 :
    “Believe it or not, there’s a OnePlus One under that Sony Xperia Z1, a 5” screen phone that many people have said great things about.”

That remarked words don't say the retail would be 5"... There's a [prototype] OnePlus One, for example!

By the way, I really like the 5.5" screen size.

11. chilman408
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

chilman408 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    LOL...that reply reminded me of when Bill Clinton asked a lawyer "what the definition of 'is' is?"....hahaha

12. Phil Good
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

13. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014

14. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 24, 2014 :
    • image.jpg
    I am not upset. I just can't believe this marketing strategy. To create a hype with misleading statements. Neither smart nor honest. And they still didn't learn that responding to questions like this in a clear manner should be the way to deal with potential customers. I guess this phablet is for the price a very good value. In a way a cheaper variant of the oppo 7. Oppo Find 7: SD card, changeable battery, fast charging, charger included. Lte Band 20: important for Europe, missing in one plus.