Why i traded my OP5 for a S8.

1. slipknot31286sic6
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

slipknot31286sic6 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Look at ebay over 2000 ppl selling s8 with damaged or broken screens. More than any phone on ebay. Lol go look.
    No way they using gorilla glass

2. varma246
    Lollipop Oct 16, 2017

varma246 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Long time no see Apple Guy:eek:.
    You're alive, jk:D

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 16, 2017

Tobikage , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Funny how many idiots think Gorilla Glass is impervious to drops and impacts.

Salt505 and sdcllams like this.
  4. nadavcool543
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

dunstan1985 likes this.
  5. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 16, 2017

BobbyV8_ , Oct 16, 2017 :
    @KeremK from all that you wrote I've found you had a better experience with OP5 than with S8.
    From your opinion OP5 lacked in Camera & is not waterproof.

In my market OP5 trades @ €430 (64GB) and S8 @ €757 (64GB Exynos)
    I think you've given price of 128GB OP5 against 64GB S8?

So at this price range, OP5 is definitely a winner for me.
    Using Google HDR+ modded apk has improved the picture quality and I don't allow my device to take bath so I don't think It is mandatory for me.
    What's your take on this?

ajshanker likes this.
  6. BobbyV8_

Any device is vulnerable to crack. You find many S8 with broken glass not because it is weak but it outnumbered any other device in sales as well. I don't find a point in your opinion

7. BobbyV8_

What do you think? If gorilla isn't, can the Godzilla do the feat?

Tobikage likes this.
  8. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2017

RSPBLR , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Bruh ,
    From your note, i still cant find a 'reason' why you moved on , and why OP let you down.
    Is it about screen quality & water proof ? - Didnt ya know about this when you made a decision to buy OP ? .
    Or if its about next versions of OP coming in , as i mentioned in another thread, its a phone, not your babe. Move on !

ajshanker likes this.
  9. Arjun Singh Dhillon
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

Arjun Singh Dhillon , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I must tell you..as a previously loyal Samsung customer who owned all the flagships S6, note 5, s7 edge...i must tell you...their operating system is so horrible that the phone slows down ridiculously. They purposely slow down their phones just before the launch of their new one. it had not even been a year since i purchased s7 edge and it slowed down like shit. it started hanging even for the simplest of thing.
    the battery life decreased huge amounts. it was difficult to get even 4 hours sot with 3600mah battery.
    abrupt high temperature over heating.
    hanging
    bugged and heavy operating system.

you just bought an s8..it will all seem smooth now..but give it 4 months..and you'll know what i am talking about and why OP 5 is better

Hasnain_S1yal likes this.
  10. vipul619
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2017

vipul619 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I'll add my 2 cents since this seems like a thread where people are taking criticism positively.

I was on the OP3 and upgraded to the OP5 since my mom needed a new phone and I gave her my OP3.
    But tbh I sort of miss my OP3 and regret buying OP5 instead of an iPhone 7/7+.

I don't know if the software isn't very well calibrated yet or what, but I face freezes at least once a day now, headphone jack stops working after sometime, and other such minor nuisances, that totally ruin the experience. Never had such issues on OP3.
    Add to that updates, I understand OP is working hard to provide quick fixes but incremental doesn't mean you release .11, .12 and .13 and people are still sitting on .10 being told to use Canada VPNs.

I used to be all into custom roms, xposed modules and stuff, but over the years I just want a good enough stock without any tinkering. IMO iPhone provides that in their locked ecosystem. It will be pretty annoying at start but I think I'd adapt.

Right now Dash charging is the PRIME factor for me sticking to OP devices. And 3.5mm jack too :p
    Here's hoping OP5 is smoothed out with Oreo soon.

Bullo Oka likes this.
  11. F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU , Oct 16, 2017 :
    Why do people insist that a company that only sells one staple product at a time (smartphone), only release one per year? It would be impossible for oneplus to stay in business selling one product per year.

12. Suren_chaudhary
    Donut Oct 16, 2017

Suren_chaudhary , Oct 16, 2017 :
    s8 is garbage. i already used that. worst battery backup. finger print sensor is yukkk. lagy, camera is not up to mark fake colors. and Samsung don't have resale value. i sold my s8 in 40 bucks while before 1 month i bought that for 58 Bucks. enjoy with this bullshit bro. one plus 5 is far better than s8.

G_Masud_Rehman_JmpF likes this.
  13. LOCKDOWN117
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2017

LOCKDOWN117 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    get ready to be ditched by next OP device.. then you can say it rocks even more..

14. LOCKDOWN117

it will be possible if they release a well baked product..

15. SRVisGod24
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2017

SRVisGod24 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I had a 7+ then switched to an S8+, then got rid of that for the OP5. I don't miss the S8 at all. Just felt a little bloated with Samsung's UI.

The 7+ was a fast phone! There are times when I miss it, mostly the camera and just how simple it is to use. But I like having multitasking, and having the iPhone reload every single app when I reopen it got annoying. That and the Bluetooth was the absolute worst. Had a pair of airpods and beats x, both had a good amount of drop outs for a second or two, per song. That was the deciding factor for me.

Overall I've been completely happy with the OP5. Sure, the camera stinks. But the Google HDR+ camera has helped BIG time. The phone actually takes some pretty darn good pictures now. And I don't think I could ever give up having dash charging. The headphone jack is just the icing on the cake for me lol

vipul619 likes this.
  16. Retchey
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

Retchey , Oct 16, 2017 :
    It's actually a sensible post. S8 is a, killer phone, just can't get my head around Samsung's ui....

17. F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

No it will not. Can you think of any other company that sells just one product, a few accessories for that product and that's all they do and they have stayed profitable in business year after year with this strategy? One product release per year cannot sustain a corporation indefinitely.

Every other consumer electronics company, including OPPO and BKK, Apple, Samsung, LG etc., etc., have several diverse product lines, channels of distribution, market share etc., etc. No way a company survives doing business the way people are demanding they do it. Impossible.

The butthurt comes when people suddenly realize that 5-6 months after purchase, they won't have the latest, shiniest, hottest, trendiest toy that everyone is talking about anymore.

Oneplus is not on the bleeding edge of innovation in many way. In some ways they are. OPPO/Oneplus charging protocols are revolutionary. But they must release competitive hardware as quickly as they can to stay relevant and, more importantly, stay alive.

Impulse_CK likes this.
  18. LOCKDOWN117

well..it's not that..Tha main issue is that they are killing their latest "Flagship Killer" with because of no sales thanks to "Killer Flaws" jelly and lack of OIS made this phone shit..
    I don't mind if they release any new phone every six months
    OP3 users felt the same way being ditched by their own choice...
    all I'm saying is they should have at least released a good device.

malidan and KeremK like this.
  19. F_Raphael_Solomon_jWIU
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2017

Nobody hits a home run every time.

20. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Oct 16, 2017