why i would never recommend a one plus device :-(

1. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 16, 2017

SimonRam , Jan 16, 2017 :
    I'm interested in his opinion, that's why I asked.

2. Deactivated User
    Jan 16, 2017

3. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2017

rahulmm , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Tesla is the future, man!

Dunnow likes this.
  4. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jan 16, 2017

pa5t1s , Jan 16, 2017 :
    It was nice reading you @Dunnow , but we will never agree, so I find it useless to debate any further.
    I understood that I have hidden bugs that would eventually affect me if properly triggered, but because I've never seen them,they don't exist (-sounds too much religious for my taste-).
    I understood that a bad design choice is not a fail, but a partial or bad implementation is.
    I appreciate to read your detailed experiences and comments, but sometimes you are just too paranoid, as if OnePlus decided to waste your life. But you're still here, arguing, ranting, debating, shouting... Strange addiction.
    Have a good night ;)

Android450 and theshinybeast like this.
  5. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2017

malidan , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Well said bro, that's exactly the way I would have put it if I hadn't read you post first:)

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2017

malidan , Jan 16, 2017 :
    This is the thing though bro, people have been saying this from the first day an OP devices hit the streets.
    Almost 3years on and people are still saying it, a change in approach is truly need stability and functionality over hype( speed)
    There is a reason why OP devices are always at the top of benchmarks with a crap OS, its because they run on the edge hence they often fall over.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017

7. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 16, 2017

SimonRam , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Agreed, it's more a fiddler's phone by virtue of what's allowed without jeopardising warranty.
    A lot of those problems can arise from the "little knowledge" thing.
    It's safer to buy a regular off the shelf and use it as a games machine and telephone if people want stability.

malidan likes this.
  8. G_eriks_klauzs_Lema
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

9. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2017

malidan , Jan 16, 2017 :
    True tru;)

SimonRam likes this.
  10. Typh_R
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2017

Typh_R , Jan 16, 2017 :
    I do not get A SINGLE problem that you listed. That do not mean that OnePlus makes bad phones. You may be unlucky, but what you're saying is irrelevant. Do a factory reset, wipe the cache.

11. sarcl
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2017

malidan , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Lol that's last quote got me " what are the BMW owners whinning about"
    He must have forgot, Bluetooth connectivity ( compliance )
    @rahulmm maybe this might help you.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/search/10848669/?q=Bluetooth&o=date&c[title_only]=1
    And this is the tip of the iceberg.

13. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 16, 2017

malidan , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Dude please the unlucky thing has been said since the OPO.
    I had 3 faulty OPO's and people STILL try to tell me I was unlucky. The record was 8 he must have been cursed i guess;). @Dunnow

Dunnow likes this.
  14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 16, 2017

Dunnow , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Curious enough i can reproduce every single issue I ever listed on 3 different OPT's, each running a different version of the SW. Weird.

You cannot reproduce any single issue, yet I bet you don't even have lightflow, therefore, proving how much BS you just spilled.

Now, go get paid licence of lightflow, install it, and show me how the led doesn't fade to red instead of staying the color ir should be per lightflow settings.

Inb4, It's not lightflow, and it's not the phone HW. As it works perfectly on the same phone and configuration running CM.

Also, denying focus issues while doing video is just a joke already.

15. monsterman27
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

16. Dunnow

17. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2017

vintagetech , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Complaining/asking for help using the wrong methods of communication will not get anyone help.

https://oneplus.net/support

Above is the support page of OnePlus with options to contact OnePlus customer service. It took me a few seconds to access the page, copy the link, and paste it in this post. I did all of the previously mentioned things on my OnePlus 3... Searching forums and trying listed solutions is another option to get help. Simply posting how one hates OnePlus because the update issues make the phone unusable without trying to fix the problems is unhelpful on many levels.

I have yet to have a perfect update experience on any cellphone. There is always some issue. My current experience with the OnePlus updates have been better than other OEMs. I have not had to do a factory reset yet. The last few updates I have had from OnePlus have been using a VPN.

18. alexl2016
    Donut Jan 16, 2017

19. djmfire
    KitKat Jan 16, 2017

djmfire , Jan 16, 2017 :
    Was it the official roll out update? Or VPN? Many ways to fix.
    If VPN you only have yourself to blame.
    If official then just go back to marshmallow.
    Simple.
    I have had the one and the x and the three no issues anywhere.
    Gaming issues....Yep ....With the game not the phone.
    But never mind go back to whatever....Or customise your phone properly with a good ROM

pa5t1s likes this.
  20. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jan 16, 2017 :
    but why?
    Can someone provide any proof about this?

I mean... you all like isheeps saying what has already been said, but no one provided proof... at contrary... you are all providing different excuses