Why I wouldn't buy OP Two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axf
    Froyo Apr 4, 2015

Axf , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Because of You. And by You I mean the majority of users, or at least the more vocal part, on this forum. Especially the ones in the OxygenOS update thread managed by @Helen.

The amount of ignorance in there was incredible and I really don't want to be associate with people like that. I guess I'm somewhat of a geek too for checking that thread and waiting for the update. But a missed deadline doesn't shatter my world when it comes to rom updates, especially since I was already running cm12 nightly.

It seems like people don't understand that OP doesn't have to keep maintaining a forum like this and honestly they really don't have to listen to your whining either. You already gave them your money. But they choose to do so in a much larger capacity than any other OEM. It's one of the ways they differentiate from likes of Samsung and it gives them an edge in certain consumer bases.

However, it also brings the stupidity of some users on display in an unbelievable manner. I'm sure there are equally idiotic Samsung users making insane demands, they just don't give them the option to showcase it in the same way. Part of the reason I will consider OP in the future as well, is knowing that every phone has users with no sense of reality and understanding that you can't always have it your way.

And now that OxygenOS did arrive it was pretty much what I would have expected. But people were waiting for something huge and demanding it because they missed the initial dl. I just find this so delusional. OP has a part to blame here too for ramping up the expectations, but they did deliver what they say they would, albeit a bit late. And this is just the first release. I'll probably use CM12s just because I've grown accustomed to the features it boasts. However, Oxygen will become more attractive in the future, especially since it seems to function really smooth. And as it is now, is exactly how my brothers N5 functions. So you basically have your nexus device, which seems to be the idea of a dream come true to many of you.

OP didn't want to disappoint you, if they do they lose money. But sometimes things don't go like your ideal nerd fantasy expects them to. If Samsung would have failed on their DL only thing you would have gotten is a tweet. Remember that and also the fact that you're free to switch at any time. OP is a new company and like all companies, they're bound to make mistakes.

All that being said, there are plenty of very smart and reasonable users here and this rant isn't directed to any one individual. So the only reason I wouldn't consider getting OP two is the fact that I might prefer a slightly smaller device :cool:

Aiik, nairu777, iliberis and 4 others like this.
  2. okay_bye
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2015

stijnie2210 and Tobikage like this.
  3. h7deaux
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

stijnie2210 and Tobikage like this.
  4. dbanez25
    KitKat Apr 4, 2015

5. tandu

6. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 4, 2015

7. Dandroid534

8. Gauthamarun

drmartin likes this.
  9. poodster
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2015

poodster , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Lol then how about you don't go on the forums. Problem solved. And I hope you know, there are ignorant people everywhere. Good luck.

10. n0zzzz
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

11. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2015

12. ujjwalk308
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

13. mydroid
    KitKat Apr 4, 2015

14. Ami25
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

15. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 4, 2015

amartens181 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    I feel that more than half of your argument doesn't belong here... The other half... Oh wait, I mean the LAST SENTENCE is the only relevant part to the thread title!!!
    Mods close this for being misleading... Or change the title!!!

16. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 4, 2015

17. sanilparab
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

18. apu815

19. SomeSayImHandSome
    Apr 4, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Good job. This forum reminds me of a bunch of spoiled little brats. Who gets they want and after they get it... they want it how they want it... So they rant some more. Try doing this with Samsung. You get what you get and that's it no matter you like it or not! They don't deserve a developer phone. They need to go to apple or Samsung with locked boot loaders and are not given any choices with the premium they spend

Axf, Kochens and mydroid like this.
  20. Kochens
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

Kochens , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Sorry for you, but a lot of people love this phone ;)