Why I'm selling my OPO and getting a Moto X

1. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2014

timmaaa , Aug 5, 2014 :
    No it doesn't mean that. They are not splitting with CM anyway. People need to stop reading this bs posted by morons.

2. sze5003
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2014

sze5003 , Aug 5, 2014 :
    If you ever saw a droid DNA the screen is only a bit bigger. Not sure why you had battery issues. I will see for myself when mine arrives. I too had issues at first wondering if it would be too big of a phone for me. But i used to have a DNA and that was a 5 inch screen phone too.

3. kenneth15
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2014

kenneth15 , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I came froma MotoX (loaner phone because my iPhone died) and the battery life was miserable. I get anywhere from 14hrs - 18hrs on my OPO and that's with 3 email accounts constantly pushing and playing games. I wonder if an app is killing the battery.

4. mattc
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2014

mattc , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Well you have some fair reasons. I'm a bit surprised about the battery as mine lasts a long time (easily 6+ hours of on screen). I'm sure a buyer will be more than happy to buy it from you.
    Enjoy the Moto

5. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 5, 2014 :
    @Alexh221, I believe personal attacks and profanity are against the rules, right?

6. Bruce Lee
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2014

7. Max Harry Johnson

Max Harry Johnson , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Moto X is a great device. Good choice. I would repurchase it, but at this stage I rather wait for the Moto X+1, which seems to be coming around October my guess.

hitm4n and Dexter Morgan like this.
  8. tdutch
    Froyo Aug 5, 2014

tdutch , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Same here. Then again, I came from an iPhone 5 which is notorious for having bad battery life plus I am usually nearby a computer for semi-permanent charging...

9. Simian
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2014

Simian , Aug 5, 2014 :
    The cyanogen rumor was merely a contributing factor to my decision, but considering how widely reported it's been by a number of reputable outlets I'd hesitate to discount it completely.

10. sangye
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2014

sangye , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I always find it refreshing when people are honest - thanks for your reasoning.
    I like my OPO - its powerful, its battery life is killing my old phone ... wifi pretty fast to connect etc. I am a power user of all computers but with phone, i am a bit of a noob, keep it to basic apps. The big screen is great fun ... i gave away my Nexus 7 tablet. Now i am in Phablet heaven. Great ebook reader - i didn't think the number of pixels would be a big deal but it really sharpens up the reading experience. Sharper text = less eye trying to focus

Otherwise, its just a phone, just a tablet - won't be long before some version comes out that makes people say One was shit and its the Two they want. Its an endless cycle - but i waited a long time before getting a top end phone and i am stoked.

I don't know why people care if they leave the CM camp - its already been developed with a CM11s for it. Most companies do a couple of updates and then deny their old products exist ... i hope enough OPO are sold that the CM community will keep working on it. Its not perfect yet, still some minor software issues, crashes i detected (and i have latest software).

11. nigelhealy
    KitKat Aug 5, 2014

nigelhealy , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I'm also considering selling. It's too big.

It is better to try and then have an informed decision against than theoretical guessing.

I bet your phone ends up in hands of someone where it better fits their needs and their hands.

Simian likes this.
  12. Sandeep Mandava
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2014

Sandeep Mandava , Aug 5, 2014 :
    :D :D ...seriously...:D
    I meant Moto x knows when you want to unlock the device....The sensor fusion they implemented in Moto x Beyond current....

Note: I was forced to disable double tap and other off screen gestures(already dropped OPO once in an attempt to take it out from pocket to turn the screen off while playing)...atleast till the next OTA...

13. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Exactly. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and if he can't even figure out why his battery won't last he doesn't have a hope.

CheeseSandwich likes this.
  14. Max Harry Johnson

Max Harry Johnson , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I easily get 5hours of screen on time with the Moto X battery. It might not have the best battery life, but it's no slouch. I doubt the guy you quoted even own the Moto X.

15. nigelhealy
    KitKat Aug 5, 2014

nigelhealy , Aug 5, 2014 :
    In theory yes but its hard to predict how easy/hard is one handed use til you try it. Given used price is at least the same as new price, its a no-risk decision to buy really. I agree its better to have tried than assumed the phone wrong and you're wrong.

I was at 70% charge after 12 hours typical use for me yesterday.

16. need-oneplus
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2014

need-oneplus , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Thank you for sharing your views.. Its always good to know both sides of the coin, although its tempting to ignore such threads but it gives you a different perspective.. once again, thank you for letting us know..

hitm4n and Simian like this.
  17. rjainny
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2014

rjainny , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I was about to order a Nexus 5 as i just destroyed my Nexus 4, when i read about One Plus One. I am still deciding between it and the upcoming Moto X+1 and Nexus 5 - still leaning to OPO. Any constructive opinions are appreciated

18. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Aug 5, 2014

Dexter Morgan , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Indeed.

My friend, there's no need for such behavior. He's merely giving an opinion.

timmaaa likes this.
  19. ezequielin2580

ezequielin2580 , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Good luck with that. The Moto X has worse specs. 1.7Ghz Dual core CPU, 720P screen, 10MP camera, 1GB less RAM.

20. Bruce Lee
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2014

Bruce Lee , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Good question. Good point. First i have to say im deeply disappointed....my display is not acceptable. I opened RMA and im in the return procedure. I think this will last the whole august. I will get a replacement. I think i will receive this early in september. Then i will look if this replacement have this stupid yellow shit again. If yes....i will sell this device....and look whats going on on the market at that time. Maybe Xiamoi mi4 or nexus 6 will be the next if Oneplus will not be able to send me an issue-free device. And then you will see my Fck you, im out of here thread. And i promise you....it will be special!