1. hazzavg
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

hazzavg , Nov 16, 2014 :
    You seen to have weird issues

herreh likes this.
  2. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2014

SimonFullerImagery , Nov 16, 2014 :
    See this is where I'll defend cm (I know I know) . I never experienced those serious issues on 33, 38 or 44 and I often wonder if some users simply have defective handsets. Peeters helped solve my initial problem with well hidden settings but boot loops, screen lock and touch issues have never been aparent on my handset yet we use the same software.

I do think cm need to make the settings more streamlined or obvious though. Maybe a PDF file explaining settings for new users.

Nighthaunt likes this.
  3. VN408
    Eclair Nov 16, 2014

VN408 , Nov 16, 2014 :
    I think what he meant was pure google android.

4. thedarb
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

thedarb , Nov 16, 2014 :
    I'm not so quick to blame the hardware. After flashing and using as many ROM's as I have over the years, I've found I cannot trust a dirty flash or update.

After every update / upgrade / rom change... I wipe dalvik and cache. If I still have issues, I then fix permissions. If I still have an issue, I factory reset, and restore my data.

But all these folks getting OTA updates... They aren't dong that. Same with phone company pushed updates to Samsungs and other droid devices... The updates and upgrades introduce issues if you don't take these steps. From data format differences (which shouldn't happen in minor updates, but seem to, anyway), to old precompiles left in dalvik, and old data in cache... Incompatibilities do show up. Even with these things being QA'd, they can't test for every scenario of old data.

If I were in charge of OnePlus... the OTA's would state they are going to do a full backup... Then it would wipe the phone to factory reset with the updated ROM, and then offer you restore choices for your apps. But not for system settings and system data. Even when Titanium Backup restores some of that stuff, using the more cross compatible xml format... it can re-introduce issues when restored. So the OTA would simply state if you want the OTA, you'll have to accept that settings, call history, and other system level stuff will get lost.

Sure, some won't like the idea... but I truly believe it would cut down on user's upgrade issues.

Anyway, what's missing in CM 11S updates are the safety nets needed to ensure a working upgrade.

5. IWantOneNow
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

IWantOneNow , Nov 16, 2014 :
    It's not hardware and it's not me. I own a variety of android devices and none have problems like the OPO. I know a ton about android (probably more than you).

The bugs are entirely software. How do I know this? Because these bugs were introduced AFTER the 25R update, meaning they DID NOT EXIST on 25R.

CM11s is a joke. If you want a good laugh just look at one of the several hundreds of threads with users complaining about the same issues that I have. It's okay, just go ahead and deny them all. Because the OPO is perfect, right? NOT. I didn't have any issues on PA or AOSP or Slimkat, etc.

The issues will hit you soon. Looks like you are one of the few lucky ones for now. Just don't cry when the bugs come.

6. reverenddak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2014

reverenddak , Nov 16, 2014 :
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't change my phone. Yeah, I've only had it for 7 weeks, starting with 33R, and I've updated manually every build. But I don't have any problems now, and I did see small bugs with 33R and 38R. But I'm also not afraid of factory resetting between build changes, and I also dont' "play" with my phone as much, because it's my only phone, and can't afford to **** it up. But it's still now solid with no bugs. I'm also not afraid of changing it to another rom if problems DO arise, but they haven't so there's that.

I tried CM on my Nook Tablet, Atrix 4G and Galaxy S2, they were OK. But PA was the best on the S2, I just lived with the others, but was never totally happy. So I understand the sentiments. But this iteration of CM has truly impressed me on the OPO. Sorry your not getting the same experience.

What ROM are you using now?

7. IWantOneNow
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

It IS software though. The issues that I mentioned never happened on earlier revisions such as 25R. Touch input was flawless on 25R and the second I updated to 33R I had issues. 38 has them a bit too.

This is my second OPO too. I'm just getting a nexus 6 now because I want a real phone that works

8. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2014

SimonFullerImagery , Nov 16, 2014 :
    I agree with you but isn't that basically saying, if you're not in I.T buy iPhone? That's an awful amount of hoops for the average phone user.

9. lawman
    Donut Nov 16, 2014

lawman , Nov 16, 2014 :
    Im on a stock Nexus 5, unrooted and stock kit kat. I have had and always will have problems with various versions of stock android. You cant and shouldnt hold CM accountable for issues because all versions of android have issues here and there. smh

10. IWantOneNow
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

Paranoid Android, and it's been great so far. Both my OPOs have had the yellow band as well so that is a huge letdown for me.

I just can't rely on this phone for anything when running CM11s. I'll be getting the nexus 6 this year but MAY consider the OP2. That is to be determined

11. Iseek1
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

Iseek1 , Nov 16, 2014 :
    you should read thisthread and download the free eBook and also the free eBook at the bottom of my signature, they will help you;
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...edition-a-reference-book.179999/#post-7461091

12. Iseek1
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

Iseek1 , Nov 16, 2014 :
    you may be interested in this article also, in reference to Android L;
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/11/android-5-0-lollipop-thoroughly-reviewed/

13. mwayner
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2014

mwayner , Nov 16, 2014 :
    At least you can never say that it feels stale. :D

14. cultiv
    Froyo Nov 16, 2014

cultiv , Nov 16, 2014 :
    Since this is not an issue on my phone I look forward to hearing about those many silly things.

15. Rodav
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2014

Rodav , Nov 16, 2014 :
    FYI, unless you are from China, CM11S is the stock ROM for this phone.

16. thedarb
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

thedarb , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Well, it can be read like that... but my intent was for CM folks to see comments like mine, and start building in these safe guards into their upgrades, so you don't have to be an I.T. guy.

SimonFullerImagery likes this.
  17. trano
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

18. omnipanzer
    Froyo Nov 17, 2014

19. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 17, 2014

ronoldo , Nov 17, 2014 :
    I'm a former iPhone user.... things are different on an Android.... There's a learning curve, but I already like the OPO better than the pathetic iOS8.... just keep trying, and don't give up!

20. sundevil
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2014

sundevil , Nov 17, 2014 :
    i wouldnt mind native android... but i do like some features of CM... like profiles