Why is Ghost Touch Still a thing?

1. brese
    Eclair Mar 23, 2016

brese , Mar 23, 2016 :
    Hey guys,
    I am currently using the Oneplus ONE with CM13 and still wasn't able to fix the Ghost Touch problem.

I tried different Roms (CM11,COS12,OxygenOS,CM13) but none of them fixed my problem(even not this one: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touchscreen-issues-fix.314410/).

After Reflashing or a complete Wipe the phone works like normal for about 3-5 Weeks. after that time it slowly starts again with that problem. With time it gets more and more worse.

Is there anyone who really can help me? (I don't want to hear your "try Reflashing"-bullshit, because that won't work. Trust me, I Tried it. Several times.)

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 23, 2016

SoniaB , Mar 23, 2016 :
    If you have ghost touch issues that are reoccuring, then I would suggest you contact support and open a ticket for RMA (assuming your device is still under warranty).
    tbh - support are probably going to want you to try and flash a different ROM as part of their investigation process.

I have not heard of anyone complaining about ghost touches on the CM13 builds thus far.

Lingering and An.I.Am like this.
  3. amartens181
    KitKat Mar 23, 2016

amartens181 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    So... Ghost touches after the system builds up... Hardware issues shouldn't be fixed from reflashing... Weird apps
    After CM12, my screen became really sensitive to ads, but ghost touches haven't bothered me :flushed:

4. brese
    Eclair Mar 23, 2016

brese , Mar 23, 2016 :
    Yes, I know that suppport maybe could help me, but I voided the warranty since I opeded it up too see if someting obvious causing the Problem (like a groundig issue or something).
    Also I heard about that long waiting time and their strange "I-just-need-full-acces-to-your-PC-to-help-you"-tingy
    and last, sice the warranty is voided I would have to pay the rapair for on my own.

5. brese
    Eclair Mar 23, 2016

brese , Mar 23, 2016 :
    Yes, not just after the the system bootet up.
    Sometimes I can't even use TWRP properly, sometimes it works normal even Android doesen't.
    Sometimes it helped to Plug it in to Charge, Reboot it several times, Whipe the Dalvik or to put it in the Freezer for a few minutes. Sometimes it doesn't help.

6. brese
    Eclair Mar 23, 2016

brese , Mar 23, 2016 :
    The problem i'm talking about looks like this:
    (sorry for shitty quality)

A Few month ago i got a simmilar problem which looked like that:

7. Linanc7
    Lollipop Mar 23, 2016

Linanc7 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    I had a ghost touch problem a few months ago and a factory reset fixed it. I was on 12.0 so not sure if that makes any meaningful difference.

SoniaB, nemo09 and Deactivated User like this.
  8. locklear308
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2016

locklear308 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    GHost touches are a hardware issue, someone already proved it a while back.

brese and amartens181 like this.
  9. riffraff81
    KitKat Mar 23, 2016

riffraff81 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    I actually started experiencing keyboard issues when I updated to lollipop from kitkat. It's not terrible but it's noticeable.

10. malidan
    Nougat Mar 23, 2016

malidan , Mar 23, 2016 :
    It ain't fixed because it was never software, it was always hardware.
    This was very evident to anyone who was objective enough to look at all the data that was presented over the first few months of the OPO being launched.

brese and amartens181 like this.
  11. One76
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2016

One76 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    Sucks. Shouldn't have voided the warranty

12. brese
    Eclair Mar 24, 2016

13. mehtarahul
    Cupcake May 16, 2016

mehtarahul , May 16, 2016 :
    I am facing similar issue. Hardware as well as onscreen nav bar has stopped working. There are random ghost touch the onscreen nav bar which has made the phone almost unusable. And sadly the phone is not in warranty anymore :(

14. giritumba
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2016

giritumba , Dec 25, 2016 :
    Facing the similar issues with oneplus one.. Cant really take a call on weather to change the digitizer or go for another (Not Oneplus) phone.. truly frustrated...

15. Jeffharro
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2016

Jeffharro , Dec 28, 2016 :
    i would try a new digitizer LCD screen assembly. usually fixes issue on iPhones.