why is it so difficult to get an invite?

1. NicoCSantos
    Eclair Aug 18, 2014

NicoCSantos , Aug 18, 2014 :
    why is it so difficult to get an invite?
    I want a OPO and I refuse to buy it on other sites and pay an extra cost.
    I imagine the boss of OPO laughing much seeing our show trying to get an invite.

kooshals and oli42 like this.
  2. kfahoo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

3. Ponds186
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

4. Sh4itan
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Sh4itan , Aug 18, 2014 :
    it's called marketing ;)

everyone can have it --> meh...
    only some can get hands on it --> I NEED IT IMEDIATELY!

CJCow and igaralf like this.
  5. toussama
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

6. USTA
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

USTA , Aug 18, 2014 :
    wait months to get a phone --> meh... get something else

possibly, not talking about me

7. kooshals
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

kooshals , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Understand man..Lets assume that they are a startup(which they are), with limited capital, limited manforce. So if they open the OP just like Samsung and others they will have to do mass manufacturing which may not be possible for them at this instance. So they are working on demand n supply formula.
    The reason they must have started with an invite system is because they were starting up with new a new company. Even though the product looks impressive, there will be many who would have hesitated in investing their money on a product launched by some unknown company. So predicting sales at that point was very difficult for them. Hence the invite system was started.
    Its the word of mouth that has lead to so much fan following and now they are rolling out invites by parallely supplying the ordered OPs and solving customer care issues. So it will take some time, till everyone gets it. have patience.

8. Michael Angelo
    Eclair Aug 18, 2014

Michael Angelo , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hello,
    After having almost all developments of iPhone (3GS, 4,4S, 5, and 5S, my last), I decided to go with Android.
    No model had previously attracted me. Boycotting brands destroying the essence of Android (Samsung first) and / or those making fun of customers (Samsung number one in this category), until the establishment of OnePlus, the choice was reduced to almost nothing.
    With the creation of OnePlus, and the output of OnePlus One, things have radically changed.
    An exceptional product, including extraordinary level of its OS (CyanogenMod).
    Result: I want absolutely THAT product.
    I look forward to receiving an invitation to finally order it.
    My iPhone 5S is living its last days in my possession.
    Deeply my future ONEPLUS 64GB ONE!
    If you can help me do that by facilitating obtaining invation, a BIG THANK YOU in advance!
    Long live the company ONEPLUS and a BIG BRAVO for all they do!

9. tronlegacy
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

tronlegacy , Aug 18, 2014 :
    You're so near the early support invites. Wait on! You should get em any moment now.

10. Pson
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

cabanaj likes this.
  11. zero310
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

zero310 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    why should the boss be laughing?? I think his profit is to sell as much as possible...if it's so difficult to have an invite, it's because they can't produce so many phones

12. CJCow

CJCow , Aug 18, 2014 :
    It's really not that hard if you stay active on these forums. Besides, i genuinely feel we've got a pretty decent community here and i enjoy posting on here. :D

13. Sh4itan
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Sh4itan , Aug 18, 2014 :
    well, mine got delivered an hour ago ;) can't wait to go home, but still have to work for some hours.... :mad:

CJCow and saran2u like this.
  14. npaunovic
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

npaunovic , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Sometimes it is marketing strategy and sometimes it is a necessarily to be that way. For example g-mail must go with invites because at the time project started as experiment. They only have some old PC-s to use as a g-mail servers. In testing faze they realized that lot of people would like to have g-mail but old equipment could not support that much demands. That's why they give invites in order to control number of users.
    For OPO it could be a marketing strategy combined with production strategy. I doubt they expect so many people asking for the phone and now they can't handle with demands.

15. saran2u
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

saran2u , Aug 18, 2014 :
    It's Hard to get an invite here since production cant cater to all of the world also they need to push OPPO 7a and other phones with higher price tags for same hardware.....Its just marketing tactics....

People who can't weight for invite can check out MI3 from xaiomi (still One plus rocks when compared with MI3) or could wait to get MI4 which will match One plus....

End of the day. Its finally your choice....:cool:

16. CJCow

CJCow , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Oh man, I know how that feels! I wouldn't be able to focus at all! Lol

17. Sh4itan
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Sh4itan , Aug 18, 2014 :
    exactly ;)

CJCow likes this.
  18. mafoogley
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014