Why is there no more Protective Case for the 8 series? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Edward McArdle , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    BEFORE PEOPLE COMMENT INCORRECTLY. THERE ARE 2 X TYPES OF COVER AVAILABLE FROM ONEPLUS FOR PREVIOUS PHONES, THE "PROTECTIVE CASE" AND THE "BUMPER CASE". AND SPECIFICALLY THE KARBON VERSION. PLEASE LOOK AT ONEPLUS 7 PRO CASES FROM ONEPLUS FOR EXAMPLES

I've been looking for this answer for a while and I still have not found it. I asked customer support but have received no response.

1.Does anyone know why the protective case is no longer available?
    2. Has anybody found a similar alternative?
    3. Will it ever return for the 8 series or indeed later series?

Not having it is why I have returned my 8 pro, my OnePlus 7 Pro just feels and looks better with the protective case..

The fit ant feel in the hand is the best of any case I've tried and much better than the bumper case. The cutouts just make it more manageable while the texture gives grip, but not too much

Plus the phone looks better as the actual profile of the phone can be appreciated more

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

2. jd2016
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2020

3. Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Sorry I don't understand, you're complaining that you can't find a protective case for OnePlus 8 series or a specific one,cause its simple to find one,I'm using a UAG on my 8 pro,so WTF!!!

4. Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I've heard of people returning a phone over issues with it, but not over a lack of phone cases.

There's tons of other cases on other sites besides OnePlus.

No one here is gonna know anything about OnePlus store either.

5. Edward McArdle , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :

jd2016

You never heard of eBay or Amazon then​

for previous phones there was a "Protective Case" and a "Bumper Case". they were made of same material but had button sides and top cut out. I have never found an equivalent in Karbon.
    no need for sarcasm.

6. Edward McArdle , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I have a OnePlus 7 pro with the protective karbon case , it's very similar to the OnePlus 8 pro except for the bumper case making it feel much larger. I didn't find the features gained to be sufficient to justify the loss of the more ergonomic cover and increased price. ergonomics is very important to me when the phone is so large.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to assume someone on a OnePlus forum may know

7. Edward McArdle , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    for previous OnePlus phones there was a "Protective Case" and a "Bumper Case". they were made of same carbon but had button sides, top and bottom were cut out ont the "protective case" .I have never found an equivalent in Karbon.
    so no, i can obviously find a million cases ...but I can't find the karbon Protective Case equivalent .
    Search OnePlus 7 case on OnePlus site to see the difference