Why isn't the screen protector applied?!

?

Was it already applied?

1. Yes, factory applied.

2. No, in the box ready to be fitted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vixcrack
    Froyo Apr 29, 2020

vixcrack , Apr 29, 2020 :
    The tempered glass one does it have curves? I hate the glass one as I feel the take away some of the touch sensetivnes.

randallian likes this.

randallian likes this.
  3. randallian
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2020

randallian , Apr 30, 2020 :
    That is why I may take a pass or possibly buy a different brand with one pre-installed. Really do not want to but this is a key feature. You may have 120hz screen, but who cares if screen is scratched or have to spend hours every few months replacing it (and paying for a replacement).

neekr5 likes this.
  4. jbc98b
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2020

neekr5 likes this.
  5. R_d_M
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

R_d_M , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :
    To all those who installed the screenprotector but got air bubbles, don't panic.
    Those air bubbles will go away after 24 to 48 hours.
    Those soft screen protectors which are used for curved screens have some ability to ''breathe''.

So if there is no dirt or dust and just air bubbles. Leave it like that and 2 days later, you'll be happy.

Same for my 7pro...
    Screwed up 3 protectors before i reached out for help.
    They told me leave it like that (bubbles).
    They will dissapear ... And they where right.

Just wanted to share.

ho66es likes this.
  6. neekr5
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

neekr5 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Wow, hoping my 2nd one is better then! Doubtful as it's a pop-up box so was probably one of the first few off the line.. [e]1f602[/e] Will be happy to have a well fitted screen protector at least 🤞 Thanks for checking! [e]1f44d[/e]

7. vixcrack
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

vixcrack , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Has anyone complained to amazon about this? Because this is clearly bugging a lot of us?

randallian likes this.
  8. Korowin
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Korowin , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :
    it is not Amazon only. i ordered mine from OP directly in Bulgaria and got it with no protector installed and 2 for me to deal with in the package.
    I installed one, made it with getting it wet, so I dont have any bubbles, but the included transperant protector is now pushing the edges so it is pealing off at the curves.
    Sucks big time to be honest.

randallian and vixcrack like this.
  9. vixcrack
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

vixcrack , Apr 30, 2020 :
    That's what am saying we should be complaining about this surely? Am getting in touch with amazon as there is no way I am keeping a near enough 1000 quid phone with no protection!

randallian likes this.

randallian likes this.
  11. bilskyscorespinemets
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

bilskyscorespinemets , May 2, 2020 :
    Does anyone have any third party screen protector recommendations? I destroyed one of the protectors that came in the box and the second one is slowly peeling off... Any ideas?

L1586880784848 and randallian like this.
  12. S1588382157748 , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , May 2, 2020 :
    Mine didn't come with a screen protector, when I purchased my phone I ordered one also. My phone carrier is T-Mobile. I also got a phone case also.

13. anesh007
    Honeycomb May 3, 2020

15. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2020

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , May 4, 2020 :
    there's 2 in the box as you probably already figured out

why are you even in this thread, let alone any forum/thread above 6T/7? 🤷🏻‍♂️

16. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2020

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , May 4, 2020 :
    Supershieldz is in the process of making them for the 8 and 8 Pro. they say that currently they do have the film, just not the tempered glass. soon though [e]1f44d[/e]🏻

17. koolkankat
    Cupcake May 4, 2020

koolkankat , May 4, 2020 :
    I applied one of the screen protectors provided and nothing but bubbles, even when I
    used a credit card to squeeze them out. It was so bad the fingerprint sensor on the phone kept giving me errors. I had to take it off. Waiting for glass screen protector and liquid protector I ordered from Amazon.

18. Abtin
    Eclair May 4, 2020

Abtin , May 4, 2020 :
    @ronnyhawks Do these work well with under screen fingerprint scanners? I'm scared that the fingerprint scanner will become less responsive.

19. velvelplus1
    Donut May 4, 2020

velvelplus1 , May 4, 2020 :
    Not true, sorry pal, they do not dissapear! I took time to install both them. First had milliard bubbles and they to smooth it out but couldn't, so I left it alone. In a day or too the protector started peeping off and eventually I had to take it off as it was moving around like crazy. So.. I used the second one, same story maybe just thousand little bubbles. I tried to get the air out, couldn't so I left it alone and .... protector just peeled off. I am looking for a good after market screen protector and and all of them are not good. Either flimsy films like the one which OP supplied and I already wasted or the glass one which will not stay if you put a good case on it due to curved screen. Well I am getting quite annoyed, spending a grand on the phone and these guys couldn't put protector on? I have been a loyal customer for them from the day one(literally-invite# 25), but such sloppy launch is not cool!

20. R_d_M
    Gingerbread May 4, 2020

R_d_M , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 4, 2020 :

Go for the ringke or rosso screenprotector ;)
    those are really good and those make bubbles dissapear.
    I use those 2 for the last year and swap protectors every 2 months (lots of dirt with my job so scratches appear really fast).

Never had problems with those, so take a shot at it.