Why It Matters: Sustainability

1. runed0s , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Instead of not including the charger/earphones, offer a $20 google play rebate and a prepaid package to send the charger back. Offer the rebate for 2 older branded chargers (don't allow dollar store chargers for obvious reasons) as well, since the OnePlus chargers are really really good! I don't have a good pair of wireless earbuds yet... I wish a set came with my OP Nord n10 5g though!

2. ayemei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2021

ayemei , Mar 2, 2021 :
    Sustainably has always been on my mind, however sometimes we are limited by the available options in our lives. Such as packaging, for example in Canada milk comes in bags and in the US milk comes a carton or a plastic jug. The small steps I have taken to live more sustainable life are minimizing the products I bring into my home. Such as cleaning supplies, I just stick to dish soap, baking soda and vinegar. Buying in bulk bins, when possible. Upcycling, recently my blanket ripped so I turned it into bed sheets for my dog's bed. Eating more greens and less meat.

My question to you guys is sustainability repairability? I think there will be a reduction in waste if things were more repairable. Most modern electronics are difficult to repair. For example, replacing the rechargeable battery in smartphones, I hate that everything is glued shut (Yes, I know it's b/c that makes it "water resistant").

sfomin, Dresa91 and suhantm like this.
  3. Tiwari_Akshay
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 4, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 4, 2021 :
    @suhantm, now that the shade of suspicion over this thread's purpose was lifted, what do you say if we invite additional staff to talk about specific aspects of sustainability within the company?

luxuskamel, suhantm, McJader and 3 others like this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 4, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 4, 2021 :
    But what about the USB cable ? :rolleyes:

And depends on the staff....no marketing people hopefully

Bobbie63, the_o2, luxuskamel and 4 others like this.
  6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Get a life. :rolleyes:

7. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2021

McJader , Mar 4, 2021 :
    I think it was clear from early leaks that OnePlus wasn't taking out the charger, nobody suspected this thread was created to justify that.

Dresa91 likes this.
  8. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2021

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 4, 2021 :
    The more the merrier! ☺️ It'd be awesome to get more opinions and thoughts on the topic

9. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 4, 2021

sfomin , Mar 4, 2021 :
    such lifestyle is unacceptable! Why eat the stuff that converts bad stuff into good stuff, instead of eating the bad stuff that eats the good stuff? :rolleyes: Eat meat, save the planet from methane overdose :rolleyes:

10. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2021

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic 😂

11. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 4, 2021

sfomin , Mar 4, 2021 :
    nobody takes my meat from me, nobody! :cool:

luxuskamel, Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  12. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2021

McJader , Mar 4, 2021 :
    The reasoning is sarcastic but the thought behind it isn't:rolleyes::p

luxuskamel, sfomin and Dresa91 like this.
  13. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Mar 6, 2021

luxuskamel , Mar 6, 2021 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: actually not too bad... if they would stop breeding the animals....

sfomin, McJader and Dresa91 like this.
  14. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 8, 2021

sfomin , Mar 8, 2021 :
    they just need to figure out how to make vegetables out of meat :D

Bobbie63, luxuskamel and Dresa91 like this.
  15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 8, 2021

Bobbie63, McJader, luxuskamel and 2 others like this.
  16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 8, 2021

theshinybeast , Mar 8, 2021 :
    CABBAGES! CABBAGES! All lovely and boiled.

17. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 8, 2021

sfomin , Mar 8, 2021 :
    :cool:

Bobbie63, luxuskamel and Dresa91 like this.
  18. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 9, 2021

sfomin , Mar 9, 2021 :
    This brings up an interesting paradox then... What's your opinion/stance on mining for currency and sustainability? I dont know about the currency you are mining, but bitcoin is a power-hog and will only get worse, most likely increasing the CO2 production.

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 9, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 9, 2021 :
    True. While I only have a GPU mining, I'm divided by it from a power-waste standpoint. It's not a crazy amount, but it's still 120W.

Portugal is currently with over 60% renewables and I live in an area where most of the energy comes from renewables (wind power mostly), so that's why I ended up deciding to do it. I've also considered offsetting my carbon footprint, but don't know if that's feasible.

I am against mining as a whole, but I know I'm doing it in such a way that does not have a sizeable impact on carbon emissions.

McJader, luxuskamel, Bobbie63 and 2 others like this.