Why It Matters: Sustainability

1. McJader
    Marshmallow Feb 26, 2021

McJader , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Among all this, I forgot to appreciate @suhantm and the amount of effort and research that is put into this is quite mindblowing. Job well done, Suhant, sorry that the discussion got sidetracked.

2. hslayal
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2021

3. yash00012
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2021

4. eastbay
    Lollipop Feb 26, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Thanks sumit

Dresa91 likes this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 26, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Would've preferred it without the forced Admin attention...but that's just me and a handful of people I guess. :rolleyes:

6. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Though this thread meant for sustainability and what we do for it ,but it got side tracked , but for different industries meaning of sustainability is different! And this thread came at such a time when other companies have done some thing in the name of sustainability that people already know what's sustainability in smartphone world means ! Since ever human become super intelligence than other species the degradation of nature started and it won't stop till it gets worse! On individual scale we can just do tree plantation
    and atleast increase the oxygen level that is needed for increased population! I've grown two big Mango trees in my farm and in 2019 I've planted 35 mango plants which will help nature in somewhat!
    1614313633398.jpg
    1614313751945.jpg

7. McJader
    Marshmallow Feb 26, 2021

McJader , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Agreed, but I don't blame him for that

8. G_plusone
    Nougat Feb 26, 2021

G_plusone , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Indeed it is upto Law makers to drive digitization forward to a more sustainable future.
    They could start by printing the Manual url on the box if the law allows

dsmonteiro, McJader and Dresa91 like this.
  9. Ankit Bhaurah
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2021

Ankit Bhaurah , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Sustainability = Profit(For Environment) + Profit ( For Companies Revenue)

Solution = Profit Environment but Do not make loss to the customers/consumers

Bluecat08 likes this.
  10. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Feb 26, 2021

McJader likes this.
  11. Bluecat08
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2021

Bluecat08 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 26, 2021 :
    This does not only apply to OnePlus, but I what if companies stop making so many devices every year? For example, OP comes out with 2-3 devices per year. What if y'all just focused on software quality and improving the devices that are already out in the market? I think to me that would speak true sustainability. As some have mentioned, sustainability is a current buzzword. Are we just interested in making profit than reducing our carbon footprint?

Drasm19, McJader, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  12. Suraj gurav 007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 26, 2021

Suraj gurav 007 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Yeah you are right as they thinking about environment and not providing charger in box but selling it seperatly
    And that also a type C charger as of old iphone users dont have Type C charger and through they have to buy new one diffrently why??
    Whats the sence?
    And they are selling chrger in box only so what are you thinking of nature?
    They are only thinking about money , profits and how to make people fool
    And thats why all other companies are following and on behalf of enviroment protection the companies will earn lots of profit..
    Wow what a business ...

Dresa91 likes this.
  13. Supertramp_1992
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

14. N1613846051783
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

15. avinesh.
    Donut Feb 26, 2021

avinesh. , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 26, 2021 :
    "Apple did something that caused a bit of a stir in the industry. For ‘the environment’, they decided to put an end to including the power adapter and earphones in the box of their entire line of iPhones (basically all models that are still being sold). This does make sense to a certain extent as it reduces the footprint of the box, increases logistical efficiency, reduces the need for unnecessary production, and most importantly, will (sadly) mean other companies will follow suit (like Samsung and Xiaomi already have!). "

Not completely true - watch mrwhosetheboss video on his take on the thing.

Video title - the real reason why you don't get a charger anymore

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Feb 26, 2021

17. sanki_man

18. vinodvijayan
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2021

19. Insert cool name

Insert cool name , Feb 26, 2021 :
    I do not like when the charger does not come with the phone. For the best battery life you have to use the charger that is developed for the phone. This way you can use your phone the longest and you do not have to buy an other phone yet. So not using the best charger can cause battery problems and you buy a new phone sooner . So I do not know if it is better for the environment and the carbon footprint.
    Also not including a charger is better for the footprint on paper for the manufacturer. They can ship more items, use less packaging ( for the phone).
    But if you have to order an charger because you do not have it. The charger must me packed separately and sent separately .....wich creates more waste ...and isn't environment friendly at all.
    So please keep including the charger OnePlus 👍😊🤞

McJader and Dresa91 like this.